Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ATK View Post

...Any inside info on her training? She has been with Tonja Buford-Bailey's group (Ashley Spencer, Gabby Thomas, Morolake Akinosun etc.) at least until December. They all post very frequently online, but haven't seen any pics of Okolo in their training sessions videos or pics. Maybe coming off injury or possibly even changed coach?..
    Thought she was training in AZ.
    dpasv
    Last edited by dpasv; 04-19-2021, 03:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpasv View Post

Thought she was training in AZ.
      Interesting! Never heard of that. Do you know since when and with who?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Yikes! She must have completely mistaken her level of either fitness or pace! That's something you rarely see in an elite athlete.
        You may recall that Duane Solomon did the same thing in the 2015 USATF Outdoor men's 800 final, but after falling to his knees and pounding the track in anger at himself, he wasn't too proud to walk across the finish line and take the 3:08 time that came with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
          You may recall that Duane Solomon did the same thing in the 2015 USATF Outdoor men's 800 final, but after falling to his knees and pounding the track in anger at himself, he wasn't too proud to walk across the finish line and take the 3:08 time that came with it.
          Not QUITE the same thing, but my soph year in HS, I tried to come back from injury too soon and in the 220y Hurdles, I was in the lead at the 8th hurdle, hit it, went down, somersaulted, came up running, still in the lead, hit the 9th hurdle, stumbled, now in 3rd place, hit the 10th hurdle, went face-down on the track, watched everyone else finish, got up, limped to the end, only to be told the timers had already walked away. Sigh.

Comment

Not QUITE the same thing, but my soph year in HS, I tried to come back from injury too soon and in the 220y Hurdles, I was in the lead at the 8th hurdle, hit it, went down, somersaulted, came up running, still in the lead, hit the 9th hurdle, stumbled, now in 3rd place, hit the 10th hurdle, went face-down on the track, watched everyone else finish, got up, limped to the end, only to be told the timers had already walked away. Sigh.
            I was watching one of the steeple events on FloTrack and at the first water jump the woman in the lead slipped a bit, was a bit over-rotated when they were in the water, did a forward 360 and came out running, having only lost less than 2 meters - maybe she was a gymnast at one time. She did fade steadily after that as the pace picked up.

Comment

• Just saw this:

Michael Norman will open his 2021 outdoor season with a 400m race at the USATF Grand Prix at the Oregon Relays on April 24, 2021 at the brand new Hayward Field in Eugene,Oregon.
              It'll be webcast at 4pm ET by usatf.tv and by Peacock at 5.
              Atticus
              Last edited by Atticus; 04-19-2021, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Just saw this:

Over/under on his breaking 44.50?

Comment

Just saw this:

Peacock and NBCSN. Drake Relays is on NBCSN two hours before Oregon Relays.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

Over/under on his breaking 44.50?
                    Who else is in the race? If Kerley or Benjamin are there, I say under. If not then over.

Granted he did run 43.45 on April 20th 2 years ago, before his 9.86 PB...

Comment

• Stephanie Bruce won a Half Marathon in Nebraska in a PR of 1:09:55.

Comment

• In World/USA/NCAA news, Mondo will jump at LSU next weekend! Has he been training there since the indoor season?

Comment

• Costas Goulas tweeted that Fred Kerley won the 100 in the Tru Fit meet in Miami in 9.91, wind of 2.0!
                          That's the World Leader!!

Comment

• A fast 200 must be in the offing!

Comment

• Hunter Drops, a junior at Oregon Tech (NAIA), out of Marshfield High School in Coos Bay, Oregon, threw 232-08 in the javelin, in the CCC Multi-Events decathlon, at Ashland, Oregon (Southern Oregon, also NAIA), on Friday. Marshfield and Coos Bay seem to ring a bell, but, gosh, my memory is spotty here. Hmm, lemme think.... 🤔

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                                Costas Goulas tweeted that Fred Kerley won the 100 in the Tru Fit meet in Miami in 9.91, wind of 2.0!
                                That's the World Leader!!
                                Just the 3rd person to run sub 10 and sub 44.

Also moves him to #8 all time 100/200/400 combo sprinters

Comment

Working...
                                X