Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gm View Post

Somehow, I don't think this $100 pair of jump spikes gives one superpowers -- https://www.nike.com/t/zoom-long-jum...Fzj/415339-101
    Thank you....whatever happened to simply giving the athlete credit?

Comment

• Keni Harrison AL 12.48 at Texas

Comment

• Tara "it must be the shoes" Davis ran 12.75

Comment

• Guffaw all ya want; the shoes will make a substantial difference this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            Guffaw all ya want; the shoes will make a substantial difference this year.
            You basically said Davis got 6" from the shoes, dude. Without proof she was wearing them, well...

Comment

You basically said Davis got 6" from the shoes, dude. Without proof she was wearing them, well...
              This was the problem.

Comment

What I said was
                Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                May I troll the subject by surmising that the new shoes are adding 6"? Sheer speculation!
                I am indeed in the camp that thinks we have seen and will continue to see substantial improvements due solely to the new shoe tech. How and when and where that will happen is a developing story. Do you NOT believe that?

Comment

What I said was

I am indeed in the camp that thinks we have seen and will continue to see substantial improvements due solely to the new shoe tech. How and when and where that will happen is a developing story. Do you NOT believe that?

Atticus there's probably never been a time in sports history where improved equipment hasn't aided an athlete.

Comment

• Originally posted by beebee View Post

Atticus there's probably never been a time in sports history where improved equipment hasn't aided an athlete.
                    It won't happen, but I'd like to see a competition with several top tier jumpers, where they get 3 jumps in the new shoes, and 3 in previous technology - alternating every jump.

Comment

• Originally posted by beebee View Post
                      Absolutely true. We are now, I believe, in a sudden lurch forward in that tech that will happen in just a year. I further believe that Chep's 5 and 10 WRs were so aided.
                      The data so far SEEMS to indicate up to a second a lap enhancement; that would be unprecedented, even in the switch from dirt/cinders/grass to synthetic tracks in this short a time.
                      I believe (!) that the help in the Long Jump will be more than 'a couple of inches' but it won't be a foot either, hence my 'troll' 'speculation of 6".

If, at the end of the Olympics, we have NOT seen a statistical leap forward tis year, I would be HAPPY to retract all my skepticism and abjectly apologize for my base comments.
                      If the numbers improve substantially, and others wish to ascribe that to other reasons, that is their prerogative.

Comment

What I said was

It was just incidentally juxtaposed to a discussion about Davis. Mmmmmmkay.

On the possibility of shoes/whatever -- I honestly DO. NOT. CARE. at this point.

Comment

It was just incidentally juxtaposed to a discussion about Davis. Mmmmmmkay.
                          On the possibility of shoes/whatever -- I honestly DO. NOT. CARE. at this point.
                          Done. I beg your pardon for the interruption of an otherwise great day.
                          Last edited by Atticus; 05-01-2021, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• Tara has personality and pizazz to spare!
                            That doesn't come from a pair of shoes!!
                            LOL

Comment

I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1.609 View Post

It won't happen, but I'd like to see a competition with several top-tier jumpers, where they get 3 jumps in the new shoes, and 3 in previous technology - alternating every jump.
                                Giving the unpredictability variability of any jump from any jumper, that would be interesting whether it proved anything or not. Competition should be from a 24 " takeoff-board to facilitate all-out jumps without fear of fouling and measurement from takeoff point rather than foul line. Also, could provide data re the effect of wind.

As for the shoes themselves, they are here, use em, just as we have adopted all technical advances. No asterisks.
                                Last edited by lonewolf; 05-01-2021, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X