Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 U.S. Outdoor Season

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Shamier Little ran another 800 today in Baton Rouge that wasn't as quick as her previous one.


    5 Shamier Little Adidas 2:08.20 (1:00.423, 1:07.773)
    Ouch! Judging by those splits, the lactic sniper got a good aim at her!

    Comment


    • link for this afternoon's Clermont meet, which I assume will be another speed extravaganza

      http://live.halfmiletiming.com/meets/325/events

      Comment


      • and another Chula Vista meet too

        http://results.runnercard.com/Result...meetid=1003354

        Comment


        • Originally posted by gh View Post
          link for this afternoon's Clermont meet, which I assume will be another speed extravaganza

          http://live.halfmiletiming.com/meets/325/events
          Wind extravaganza as well. Unfortunately.

          Comment


          • m200 Jaylen Slade 20.20 (0.3)

            Looks like his promise is getting fulfilled.

            Lashawn Merritt 20.55

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              m200 Jaylen Slade 20.20 (0.3)
              How old is he and when is his birthday?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ATK View Post
                How old is he and when is his birthday?
                27Oct03

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  Kovacs at OhSt

                  22.72 (74' 6½)
                  Originally posted by gh View Post
                  a masked WR?
                  Certainly so.
                  And although it was likely broken many times during the pandemic, anyone doing a masked SP world record progression might start out with this 2nd place mark from 2003.


                  https://www.flashresults.com/2003_Me...030601F002.htm
                  Last edited by wamego relays champ; 05-03-2021, 02:07 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by miketandf View Post

                    Excellent... another long throw where 3 Americans have the Oly Auto-Q! Washington, Finley and Mattis...
                    If only we could do the same with Javelin (either gender). It's such a beautiful throw to watch but the USA doesn't seem to be assisting in the development of this throw. Perhaps because throwers 'peak' a few years past their graduation from the collegiate system? What a pity.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ThrowsMom View Post

                      If only we could do the same with Javelin (either gender). It's such a beautiful throw to watch but the USA doesn't seem to be assisting in the development of this throw. Perhaps because throwers 'peak' a few years past their graduation from the collegiate system? What a pity.
                      Olympian and former American record holder Tom Pukstys is training some outstanding Olympic hopefuls with good results so far in the Birmingham/Hoover AL area. It's the USA Javelin Project!

                      Comment


                      • This could be interesting.

                        https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2021/...meters-mt-sac/

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ThrowsMom View Post
                          If only we could do the same with Javelin (either gender). It's such a beautiful throw to watch but the USA doesn't seem to be assisting in the development of this throw. Perhaps because throwers 'peak' a few years past their graduation from the collegiate system? What a pity.
                          The javelin in s scoring event in Florida high school state meet (this weekend) for the first time in many years. Boys and girls utilize a rubber tipped implement.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post
                            The javelin in s scoring event in Florida high school state meet (this weekend) for the first time in many years. Boys and girls utilize a rubber tipped implement.
                            Sadly, there is very little expertise to teach the event properly here . . . yet. Most of the kids I've seen are just chucking it like a softball (girls) or football (boys), with not much success.
                            They are certainly not 'throwing it through the tip'! I do see that clinics are popping up, so that's a good sign.

                            Comment


                            • Meanwhile the U of O is doing a great job of seeing how many of the dwindling track fans here they can piss off.

                              You can't go watch which is understandable but the live stream is that ripoff Runnerspace pay TV. goducks.com does live streaming free. Their whole attitude lately is we don't give a shit about anybody.

                              Comment


                              • Oregon Twilight entry list just too a hit

                                Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 14.41.20.png

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X