X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lonewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    There's going to be moments missed even through the TV without spectators. I've never had the pleasure but how about the crowd at the point the gun is fired for the men's 100m final? Or...the tension and silence right before? May be a moment not matched in any sport anywhere.
    Exactly. I want to hear the crowd grow quiet before the start and the roar down the home stretch in a tight finish.

Leave a comment:

• KevinR
    replied
    Fair points, Dutra. Those moments do add to the drama.

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    There's going to be moments missed even through the TV without spectators. I've never had the pleasure but how about the crowd at the point the gun is fired for the men's 100m final? Or...the tension and silence right before? May be a moment not matched in any sport anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• KevinR
    replied
    Originally posted by gm View Post
    I'm not too bothered by the absence of fans if the event is televised. It's not like I am watching to see the spectators. Then again, I am entertained by a two-man race down a country road, so...
    While I am sure the atmosphere in the stadium will be somewhat deflating, I agree with you. I get excited watching any type of racing, honestly.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
    Fast winning time in both men's & women's 1500m (held on the same track as the ATL meet).

Track Scoreboard
    Just saw that the Canadian Fr/So/? at Wisconsin won the 800 in a big PR of 1:46.16, beating all of the pros.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

With no fans, I think the Olympics may feel similarly depressing.
    No worries, they'll have fake fan cheering sounds to keep the energy up

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

The theme song for Tokyo should maybe be the latest Rolling Stones song--Living in a Ghost Town.
    LOL

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    Fast winning time in both men's & women's 1500m (held on the same track as the ATL meet).

Track Scoreboard

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    I'm not too bothered by the absence of fans if the event is televised. It's not like I am watching to see the spectators. Then again, I am entertained by a two-man race down a country road, so...

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
    I am grateful for the ATL meets in that they give athletes another chance to compete There were some good performances today and the commentators tried but, to me, the sparse fields, empty stands, and bleak venue are kinda depressing.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    I am grateful for the ATL meets in that they give athletes another chance to compete There were some good performances today and the commentators tried but, to me, the sparse fields, empty stands, and bleak venue are kinda depressing.
    Last edited by lonewolf; 07-19-2021, 05:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tm71
    replied
    Originally posted by ATK View Post
    Candace Hill runs 10.99 in the 100m at the Trabuco ATL meet. No wind reading on the mark though.

If legal, thats her first time under 11 flat since her 10.98 in 2015

https://finishedresults.trackscorebo...events/7/Final
    Both were wind aided
    btw high school is about 30 mins down the road but ATL didn’t even have the location on the website till this weekend

Leave a comment:

• booond
    replied
    Candace Hill runs 10.99 in the 100m at the Trabuco ATL meet. No wind reading on the mark though.

+2.5 during 100
    +3.3 during 22.30 200

Leave a comment:

• Davidokun
    replied

Wind readings are now included in the online results. Her time was wind-aided: +2.5 m/s.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X