Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    OK, but to my mind, that crosses over from 'meet' to glorified practice (within the rules, which is why I say 'OK').
    I updated my post to note that it was part of an official meet held by the American Track League. Pole Vault, Shot Put and Long Jump were all contested

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
      I updated my post to note that it was part of an official meet held by the American Track League. Pole Vault, Shot Put and Long Jump were all contested
      I retract my reservations. Sure beats Larry Jessee's and Ricky Bruch's 'meets'!

Comment

Thank you. I just follow her on FB and wasn't sure other than she said she had a meet this Friday after last ATL- MCDC.

Comment

• Originally posted by ubiQuitous1 View Post

USATF official was there to ratify it. She cleared 4.94 prior for world lead. New personal best.
          She had mentioned before she had one last competition before trials. This was it.
          I don't think there were enough officials (or drug testing) in place for the mark to have been ratified as a world record had she cleared it, but WOW Katie looks really good!

The whole event was streamed live on Instagram. The bar was measured and it is just a normal runway, not a bouncy wooden one. The field was good, included Sandi Morris, Anicka Newell, Alina McDonald, Kristen Brown, Chloe Cunliffe, Robin Bone, Kristen Leland, Marissa Kalsey, Kortney Oates, and maybe a few others that I am forgetting (or who jumped before I tuned in).

It looks like she has decided to stick with ESSX poles, after her Pacer poles were all broken by an airline and she decided to try some new brands.

Comment

• Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post

I don't think there were enough officials (or drug testing) in place for the mark to have been ratified as a world record had she cleared it, but WOW Katie looks really good!

….
            fortunately she has a couple meets coming up where both will be in ample supply….. She did look like 5.20 is not impossible.

Comment

The whole event was streamed live on Instagram. The bar was measured and it is just a normal runway, not a bouncy wooden one. The field was good, included Sandi Morris, Anicka Newell, Alina McDonald, Kristen Brown, Chloe Cunliffe, Robin Bone, Kristen Leland, Marissa Kalsey, Kortney Oates, and maybe a few others that I am forgetting (or who jumped before I tuned in).

It looks like she has decided to stick with ESSX poles, after her Pacer poles were all broken by an airline and she decided to try some new brands.
              Kudos to the ESSX sales rep her lent her poles after her Pacer poles were broken....or at least that is what I understood from her FB posts.

Comment

The field was good, included Sandi Morris, Anicka Newell, Alina McDonald, Kristen Brown, Chloe Cunliffe, Robin Bone, Kristen Leland, Marissa Kalsey, Kortney Oates, and maybe a few others that I am forgetting (or who jumped before I tuned in).
                And where might the results site be?

Comment

And where might the results site be?
                  Oh gosh who knows, but I was watching it live and it was:
                  1. Katie Nageotte 4.94
                  2. Sandi Morris 4.70
                  3. Alina McDonald 4.50
                  a whole bunch of women 4.40
                  Natalie Uy 4.30 indoor NR
                  other people who jumped before I tuned in

Comment

Oh gosh who knows
                    Why are my hackles raising again? I'll guess they got USATF sanction, but sure seems like a slapped-together meet.

Comment

• decent small meet just up the road from Eugene yesterday

https://live.athletictiming.net/meets/10396

Comment

• I like to track the 10th best performer of each year at the W, US, and HS levels, m/w, and just looked at this year's US men's list so far.

New records for

100 9.96
                        200 20.08
                        3000St 8:24.14
                        10000 27:43.17
                        HT 73.12

Some old ones vs. this year

1983 Mar 2:11.41 - have to wait for the Fall thons
                        1984 DT 63.90 - at 61.92 now
                        1988 HJ 2.31 - at 2.25 now
                        1996 400H 48.86 - at 48.94 now
                        1995 Dec 8102 - at 8035 now

Comment

• American Track League is back tomorrow with a meet in Atlanta.

Entries and Live results: http://milesplit.live/meets/437101
                          Will be streamed on ESPN at 7pm Eastern (ESPN.com you can just stream, on TV it might be ESPN 2)

A few names to look out for:
                          M 100m: Y. Blake, D. Oduduru
                          W 100m: E. Gardner
                          M 400m: T. Stewart, W. London, M. Cedenio, L. Merritt
                          W 400m: C McLeod
                          M 110mH: H. Parchment, D. Allen
                          W 100mH: T. Amusan, T. Porter, C. Clemons, D. Williams
                          W Long Jump: E. Brume, D. Klishina

Comment

American Track League is back tomorrow with a meet in Atlanta.
                            w100H Clemons
                            I'm liking her for Tokyo Bronze!

Comment

American Track League is back tomorrow with a meet in Atlanta.

Entries and Live results: http://milesplit.live/meets/437101
                              Will be streamed on ESPN at 7pm Eastern (ESPN.com you can just stream, on TV it might be ESPN 2)

A few names to look out for:
                              M 100m: Y. Blake, D. Oduduru
                              W 100m: E. Gardner
                              M 400m: T. Stewart, W. London, M. Cedenio, L. Merritt
                              W 400m: C McLeod
                              M 110mH: H. Parchment, D. Allen
                              W 100mH: T. Amusan, T. Porter, C. Clemons, D. Williams
                              W Long Jump: E. Brume, D. Klishina
                              W100mH is like half the OG final

Comment

I'm liking her for Tokyo Bronze!
                                I'm torn between Amusan and Clemons, Both have been very consistent. I would love to Amusan get gold (unrealistic personal preference).

Comment

Working...
                                X