Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I look at the most current NCAA rules something that I find online, via a Google = "vertical jumps" ties resolved ncaa rules...

..., followed by opening the June 2019 document and going to the clarification of Rule 7-1.7 on pdf page 2, then some or all of the ties for 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 11th in the men's pole vault at the Indiana Big Ten Invited #1 meet, as given by Hy-Tek's Meet MANAGER results for that event at...

https://iuhoosiers.com/documents/202..._1_results.pdf

...., do not seem consistent with tie-breaking Rule 7-1.7.

Comment

Originally posted by CKuykendall View Post
      If I look at the most current NCAA rules something that I find online, via a Google = "vertical jumps" ties resolved ncaa rules...

..., followed by opening the June 2019 document and going to the clarification of Rule 7-1.7 on pdf page 2, then some or all of the ties for 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 11th in the men's pole vault at the Indiana Big Ten Invited #1 meet, as given by Hy-Tek's Meet MANAGER results for that event at...

I see what you mean - no tie-breaking procedures have been used at all beyond the best height each vaulter has cleared.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

I see what you mean - no tie-breaking procedures have been used at all beyond the best height each vaulter has cleared.
        The rules are straightforward to implement but I find it not uncommon for many people not closely connected to the vertical jumps to be unfamiliar beyond,

Highest Height;
        Fewest Misses at Highest Height

Comment

Originally posted by CKuykendall View Post

My guess is the Hy-Tek operator simply forgot to click the "break ties" button for that event. It is correct in the women's PV, I believe. Very easy to overlook in a rush.

Comment

Not listed on the results page, but "The Florida International Pro Addition" meet is happening today at the Ansin Sports Complex.

Live Results: http://live.halfmiletiming.com/meets/281/events

Notable names competing:
            • Marquise Goodwin - M Long Jump
            • Daria Klishina - W Long Jump
            • Tori Bowie - W 100m & 200m
            • Jasmine Camacho-Quinn - W 200m
            • Blessing Okagbare - W 400m
            • Mens 4x100m - Marvin Bracy, Andre Degrasse, Trayvon Bromell, Divine Oduduru (as Tumbleweek TC)

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
              Not listed on the results page, but "The Florida International Pro Addition" meet is happening today at the Ansin Sports Complex.

Live Results: http://live.halfmiletiming.com/meets/281/events

Notable names competing:
              • Marquise Goodwin - M Long Jump
              • Daria Klishina - W Long Jump
              • Tori Bowie - W 100m & 200m
              • Jasmine Camacho-Quinn - W 200m
              • Blessing Okagbare - W 400m
              • Mens 4x100m - Marvin Bracy, Andre Degrasse, Trayvon Bromell, Divine Oduduru (as Tumbleweek TC)
              Tori Bowie sighting!

Comment

Originally posted by Paced View Post

Tori Bowie sighting!
                Marquise Goodwin sighting!

Comment

Originally posted by meatball View Post
                  why isn't there a link on the results app for the meet at Prairie View?
                  https://live.athletic.net/meets/7871 for PV Relays

Eady, Gatlin, Young & Bednarek 38.66
                  Oliver, Johnson, Bryant & Richardson 42.84
                  Last edited by gm; 03-27-2021, 07:57 PM.

Comment

thx for the link

Comment

• Marquise Goodwin 8.12, gets his OT Q

Comment

• Something in the water in this world... Chantel Malone went 7.08 at Miramar.

Comment

• HS er Jaylen Slade 20.27 over Trayvon Bromell (2.5W) 20.29 !

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
                            Something in the water in this world... Chantel Malone went 7.08 at Miramar.
                            And Darya Klishina went 23-1.25, but about 2.7 wind!
                            Same meet!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paced View Post

Tori Bowie sighting!
                              Wind 11.46 (+2.8) Long way to go if she's looking for a spot on the 100m team (I think she's definitely attempting the Long Jump at trials)

Comment

• Originally posted by BCBaroo View Post

Marquise Goodwin sighting!
                                A nice jump from him too: 8.12m (+1.2).

Originally posted by ATK View Post

Wind 11.46 (+2.8) Long way to go if she's looking for a spot on the 100m team (I think she's definitely attempting the Long Jump at trials)
                                Plus a DNS in the 200m. That said, she did win this 100m by 0.65 so maybe she was coasting; I haven't seen the race yet to make any real judgement about her form.

Plus it's only March I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X