X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATK
    replied
    Originally posted by RunningInCircles View Post

Thanks for the link to the starting lists for tomorrow's Sound Running meet. But tomorrow there was supposed to be 2 meets, an American Track League meet around noon, and a separate Sound Running meet at night on the same track, just like they did last week.

Are you saying that only the evening Sound Running meet will be happening?
    Following up on this, the American Track League meet did happen but it was just combined or partnered with the Sound Running Tour meet. I'm looking at the posts on social media and its confusing how they promoted it making it seem like 2 different meets. But there was 1 meet, held by Sound Running Tour + American Track League. The results gm posted are for that meet.

Also, note, I've realized the ATL website is is not fully accurate. Follow their social media as they have held atleast 2 other meets already that are not listed on their website but have been promoted on their social media.

Leave a comment:

• wamego relays champ
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Well, well, well . . . Jeff Thies just ran the 5000 in - 12:41.06 - or so the results say.
    That was his split at 4000m.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Josette Norris beat Klosterhalfen in the w5K in 14:51.32-14:51.97

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Well, well, well . . . Jeff Thies just ran the 5000 in - 12:41.06 - or so the results say.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Festus Lagat 1:44.47, Brannon Kidder 1:44.99 PR at Sunset Tour-Azusa tonight.

Henry Wynne 3:34.22, Gregorek was 3rd at 3:34.49

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied

Thanks for the link to the starting lists for tomorrow's Sound Running meet. But tomorrow there was supposed to be 2 meets, an American Track League meet around noon, and a separate Sound Running meet at night on the same track, just like they did last week.

https://americantrackleague.org/

No ATL tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• RunningInCircles
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    There was an American Track League meet on Sunday, July 18, in SoCal. There was supposed to be another American Track League meet tomorrow, Sunday, July 25, in Los Angeles. I just tried to find out who was competing in it, but I can't seem to find any information about the meet at all. Has it been cancelled?
    https://finishedresults.trackscorebo...s/10115/events

Leave a comment:

• RunningInCircles
    replied
    There was an American Track League meet on Sunday, July 18, in SoCal. There was supposed to be another American Track League meet tomorrow, Sunday, July 25, in Los Angeles. I just tried to find out who was competing in it, but I can't seem to find any information about the meet at all. Has it been cancelled?

Leave a comment:

• Steele
    replied
    Will be even more surreal for an athlete to hear crowd noise, then look up and see an empty stadium. That's just weird.

Leave a comment:

• Trickstat
    replied
    Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

It's a little of both but the sound mainly. I find the piped in sound which we've had at sporting events better than nothing but also nothing in comparison to the real thing.
    It does seem difficult to replicate the gasps and "oohs" and "aahs" you will get with an actual crowd.

I can remember watching the 1991 Worlds in Tokyo on BBC TV and awaiting the start of the women's 10000 (won by Liz McColgan) and the start being delayed as the crowd were enormously excited by something. My immediate guess was that the LJ WR must have been broken, which was correct. If a WR is set in Tokyo this year it is unlikely to cause such a hubbub.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    I hesitate to call this T&F 'news', but the Jonas brothers tried to run the 100 Hurdles.

Click on Nick here:

https://www.instagram.com/usatf/?hl=en

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Matt Centrowitz will be doing an American Record attempt in the Mile this Saturday before leaving for Tokyo. Details from his instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CRmuiBYlAkI/

"Well….first time in my career I’ve publicly broadcasted a record attempt. Gonna see how close I can get to the coveted 3:46 American Record.

This Saturday, July 24th, at Jesuit High School @ 9:10 PM PT. Admission is FREE. Gates open at 8:00. Livestream will also be free thanks to @pdxtrack on @tracklandia !! Shoutout to them, @nikerunning , and @bowermantc for putting this together last second."

Live stream will be here: https://youtu.be/ogTRf273TZs

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Originally posted by ATK View Post

Are you talking about the visuals or the sound? They will have artificial sound played so will likely be able to recreate that dramatic effect very well for TV viewers. But you will be looking at empty seats behind the athletes.

The only problem I can imagine though is they may have dramatic crowd noise at the finish even in a non competitive race, so probably not truly authentic.
    It's a little of both but the sound mainly. I find the piped in sound which we've had at sporting events better than nothing but also nothing in comparison to the real thing.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    There's going to be moments missed even through the TV without spectators. I've never had the pleasure but how about the crowd at the point the gun is fired for the men's 100m final? Or...the tension and silence right before? May be a moment not matched in any sport anywhere.
    Are you talking about the visuals or the sound? They will have artificial sound played so will likely be able to recreate that dramatic effect very well for TV viewers. But you will be looking at empty seats behind the athletes.

The only problem I can imagine though is they may have dramatic crowd noise at the finish even in a non competitive race, so probably not truly authentic.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X