Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NB Boston (@Staten Island!) 2/13/21

Start lists starting to come up here (click on event) and they look excellent!

https://www.nbindoorgrandprix.com/events-results/

Syd McL in the 60H !! (and the 500)
    N Lyles vs. Bracy and Bromell in 60.
    Brazier in 800; Hoppel in 1000.
    Last edited by Atticus; 02-09-2021, 05:44 PM.

Michael Norman is running here as well, just not sure which event (hearing its possibly the 60m)

Also a past news release said Lyles is running the 200m as well

Comment

Ajee Wilson will also be running her first race since 2019 worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy News View Post
        Ajee Wilson will also be running her first race since 2019 worlds.
        Except for her full 2020 indoor season!

Comment

With Purrier & Coburn in the Two Mile, an American Record is possible.
          But "optimist" that I am, if they break 9:30, I'd be shocked!
          The AR is 9:18.35 by Jenny!
          (Purrier has run 9:29 & Coburn 9:32 INdoors!)

Comment

despite the "Boston" in the title, note that the meet is in Staten Island, New York

Comment

All fields announced: https://www.nbindoorgrandprix.com/events-results/

Norman vs Benjamin in the 400m (unless they are splitting up the heats)

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                All fields announced
                I see lots to enjoy (just my hi-lites)

w60H KHarr vs SMcL
                W800 HS phenom Garriaren vs. Goule, Watson, CBrown
                m60 NLyles vs. the B Bros
                wPV SM and Gruver
                m1000 Hoppel - AR scare?
                w2M Coburn vs. Purrier
                m400 Rai vs. NM
                w400 Jonathas vs. SMU
                m800 Brazier
                m200 NLyles
                w500 SMcL
                Last edited by Atticus; 02-10-2021, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  w400 Jonathas vs. SMU
                  Has Phyllis Francis fallen off in the eyes of the eyes of most? I've even noticed it in the overall media that Francis has somewhat taken a backseat to Jonathas, despite her being the 2017 world champ, consistent on the world stage and a PB of 49.61. The single time they raced in the Doha final, Jonathas did win, but only by .01 which I see as negligible.

I still think Francis, though just slightly, is the top American in the 400m (sydney & muhammad aside).

Comment

Has Phyllis Francis fallen off in the eyes of the eyes of most?
                    I guess it's just a case of what-have-you-done-for-me-lately?, but you're right, she could still be the best, or at least among them.

Comment

Does the change in venue have anything to do with the field events getting almost totally shafted in this meet?

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
                        Does the change in venue have anything to do with the field events getting almost totally shafted in this meet?
                        Reggie lewis is being used as a vaccination site. Though I think in most of the previous years, there has always been only 1-2 field events at the meet.

Comment

What's with all the "off" distances?

I mean is it really necessary to have a Women's 300, 400 AND 500?!

It just affords athletes the perfect opportunity to avoid racing each other, like Hoppel & Brazier are doing. And that 500 set up for Sydney McLaughlin to win at a canter is just laughable.

I can't be alone in caring very little about the rarely-run (at elite level) 300, 500 and 2 Miles. Just give us the standard distances!

Comment

IMO, especially in a year without USA or World indoors, its good to see what athletes can do in the off distances.

Comment

IMO, especially in a year without USA or World indoors, its good to see what athletes can do in the off distances.
                              Why? Who cares what someone can do in the 500 or in the 2 Miles which beyond US High School level is only run about twice a year on the whole planet. I would much rather see McLaughlin, Irby etc pitting themselves against the other women over 400 and see whether these athletes in the 2 Miles can lay down a fast 3000 instead. Isn't that more interesting?

Comment

Working...
                              X