Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayde van Niekerk moving to Florida

He announced on twitter that he is leaving his longtime coach Tannie Ans Botha and is moving to Florida, training with Lance Brauman's Adidas group (Noah Lyles, Miller-Uibo etc.). Notes that its a temporary move to focus on winning Olympic Gold and breaking his WR.

https://twitter.com/WaydeDreamer/sta...39654303739906

His coach got him to a wr so i dont get it

Comment

He's an Adidas athlete so Brauman makes sense on that front having other major Adidas stars. The timing unusual but to lift himself to greatness again he's probably got to try something he's not done before. Not aware of training partners in RSA but in Florida he'll have plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by fasttrak85 View Post
        His coach got him to a wr so i dont get it
        Maybe the move is to escape the corona lockdowns in South Africa, and gain unfettered access to tracks and gym facilities. I think Florida has lifted all restrictions on everything (except schools which are deciding what to do at the district level).

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

Maybe the move is to escape the corona lockdowns in South Africa, and gain unfettered access to tracks and gym facilities. I think Florida has lifted all restrictions on everything (except schools which are deciding what to do at the district level).
          Possibly given the variant from RSA which could make things tougher for their athletes to move around.

Comment

I think y'all are on the right track. Moving to Florida will make his life easier, given the virus situation.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinR View Post
              I think y'all are on the right track. Moving to Florida will make his life easier, given the virus situation.
              Then bring the coach, an elderly lady still? She'd fit right in with the rest of us!

Comment

That there is hat ye call a Win-Win sitcheayshyun

Comment

Headline - Has Wayde van Niekerk made the right call to leave Tannie Ans?

https://www.iol.co.za/sport/athletic...3-ced9099d3c92

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

Makes sense. Maybe he wants to escape the south african variant? Chances are u wilp get it in florida easier than south africa in a few months.

Comment

Maybe, just maybe, he wants a training group with people who can challenge him.

Comment

Working...
                      X