Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wayde van Niekerk moving to Florida

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wayde van Niekerk moving to Florida

    He announced on twitter that he is leaving his longtime coach Tannie Ans Botha and is moving to Florida, training with Lance Brauman's Adidas group (Noah Lyles, Miller-Uibo etc.). Notes that its a temporary move to focus on winning Olympic Gold and breaking his WR.

    https://twitter.com/WaydeDreamer/sta...39654303739906

  • #2
    His coach got him to a wr so i dont get it

    Comment


    • #3
      He's an Adidas athlete so Brauman makes sense on that front having other major Adidas stars. The timing unusual but to lift himself to greatness again he's probably got to try something he's not done before. Not aware of training partners in RSA but in Florida he'll have plenty.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by fasttrak85 View Post
        His coach got him to a wr so i dont get it
        Maybe the move is to escape the corona lockdowns in South Africa, and gain unfettered access to tracks and gym facilities. I think Florida has lifted all restrictions on everything (except schools which are deciding what to do at the district level).

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

          Maybe the move is to escape the corona lockdowns in South Africa, and gain unfettered access to tracks and gym facilities. I think Florida has lifted all restrictions on everything (except schools which are deciding what to do at the district level).
          Possibly given the variant from RSA which could make things tougher for their athletes to move around.

          Comment


          • #6
            I think y'all are on the right track. Moving to Florida will make his life easier, given the virus situation.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by KevinR View Post
              I think y'all are on the right track. Moving to Florida will make his life easier, given the virus situation.
              Then bring the coach, an elderly lady still? She'd fit right in with the rest of us!

              Comment


              • #8
                That there is hat ye call a Win-Win sitcheayshyun

                Comment


                • #9
                  Headline - Has Wayde van Niekerk made the right call to leave Tannie Ans?

                  https://www.iol.co.za/sport/athletic...3-ced9099d3c92

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

                    Maybe the move is to escape the corona lockdowns in South Africa, and gain unfettered access to tracks and gym facilities. I think Florida has lifted all restrictions on everything (except schools which are deciding what to do at the district level).
                    Makes sense. Maybe he wants to escape the south african variant? Chances are u wilp get it in florida easier than south africa in a few months.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Maybe, just maybe, he wants a training group with people who can challenge him.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X