Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gh View Post

when the T&FN Rankings get calculated, you can be sure it'll go down as a win
    Frankly, I don't think it's logical. Hussong knew what the rules are, so she had no motivation to beat Andrejczyk's mark in round 5 knowing she was safe for a place in the final round.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

• you think Hussong should have win in the Rankings?

Comment

when the T&FN Rankings get calculated, you can be sure it'll go down as a win
        And so it should. The stupidity of WA and Coe can be monumental at times

Comment

you think Hussong should have win in the Rankings?
          I honestly do. A rational athlete will adapt to the rules of the specific competition and perform accordingly. In this case, the first 5 rounds are a qualifying competition, where you know you only have to make the top 3, and the 6th is the final. You wouldn't count it as a loss if an athlete was 12th in qualifying, but then came through to win the final.

I'm not arguing the DL competition rules are sensible. But they are what they are and the athletes know them.

Comment

• U20 NC, Lublin, day 1
            m100 (+1.7)
            Jakub Pietrusa 10.32 NU20R
            wLJ
            Anna Matuszewicz 6.49 PB - closing on Irena Szewińska's 57-year old NU20R, 11 cm to go

Comment

• Here's the Olympic team lineup, as proposed by the national federation (with SBs). It's subject to approval by the National Olympic Committee (don't expect any problems there) and it only includes athletes whose qualification has been confirmed - more could be added if places are vacated (e.g. there are already indications Robert Urbanek, who was the first outside the bubble, will make it).

Men
              400 Karol Zalewski (45.14)
              800 Patryk Dobek (1:43.73), Marcin Lewandowski (1:44.31), Mateusz Borkowski (1:44.85)
              1500 Michał Rozmys (3:34.96), Lewandowski (3:35.57)
              Mar Marcin Chabowski (2:10:17), Adam Nowicki (2:10:21), Arkadiusz Gardzielewski (2:10:31)
              110H Damian Czykier (13.37)
              PV Piotr Lisek (5.82), Robert Sobera (5.70), Paweł Wojciechowski (5.70)
              SP Michał Haratyk (22.17), Konrad Bukowiecki (20.49)
              DT Piotr Małachowski (64.67), Bartłomiej Stój (64.34)
              HT Paweł Fajdek (82.98), Wojciech Nowicki (80.86)
              JT Marcin Krukowski (89.55), Cyprian Mrzygłód (78.86)
              Dec Paweł Wiesiołek (8333)
              20kW Łukasz Niedziałek (1:21:23)
              50kW Dawid Tomala (3:49:23), Artur Brzozowski (3:46:42/2019), Rafał Augustyn (3:47:04/2019)
              4x400 Zalewski, Kajetan Duszyński, Patryk Grzegorzewicz, Dariusz Kowaluk, Jakub Krzewina, Mateusz Rzeźniczak, Wiktor Suwara, Tymoteusz Zimny
              Women
              100 Ewa Swoboda (11.20)
              400 Natalia Kaczmarek (50.72), Justyna Święty-Ersetic (51.04), Iga Baumgart-Witan (51.92)
              800 Angelika Sarna (1:59.72), Anna Wielgosz (2:00.57), Joanna Jóźwik (2:00.73)
              1500 Martyna Galant (4:08.96)
              Mar Aleksandra Lisowska (2:26:08), Angelika Mach (2:27:48), Karolina Nadolska (2:27:43/2019)
              3000SC Aneta Konieczek (9:25.98), Alicja Konieczek (9:27.79)
              100H Pia Skrzyszowska (12.80), Klaudia Siciarz (12.90)
              400H Joanna Linkiewicz (56.32)
              HJ Kamila Lićwinko (1.94)
              SP Paulina Guba (18.29), Klaudia Kardasz (18.17)
              HT Anita Włodarczyk (77.93), Malwina Kopron (75.42), Joanna Fiodorow (72.52)
              JT Maria Andrejczyk (71.40)
              20kW Katarzyna Zdziebło (1:29:57)
              4x100 Swoboda, Skrzyszowska, Klaudia Adamek, Marlena Gola, Paulina Guzowska, Paulina Paluch, Marika Popowicz-Drapała)
              4x400 Kaczmarek, Święty-Ersetic, Baumgart-Witan, Dominika Baćmaga, Kinga Gacka, Małgorzata Hołub-Kowalik, Anna Kiełbasińska, Kornelia Lesiewczi

The mixed 4x4 pool includes all the people from the men's and women's 4x4 teams

Comment

• Originally posted by Powell View Post

I honestly do. A rational athlete will adapt to the rules of the specific competition and perform accordingly. In this case, the first 5 rounds are a qualifying competition, where you know you only have to make the top 3, and the 6th is the final. You wouldn't count it as a loss if an athlete was 12th in qualifying, but then came through to win the final.

I'm not arguing the DL competition rules are sensible. But they are what they are and the athletes know them.
                But is that what they are actually doing?

If I were throwing, I'd be thinking that I need to compete under the normal rules at OG, so I'm going to do my best on every throw and just suffer whatever ridiculous outcome this new format produces.

It's not like throwers or jumpers can actually command their best performance on a particular throw anyway, otherwise every competitor would do their best in the first round and then go home!

Comment

• U20 NC, Lublin, day 2
                  w400
                  Kornelia Lesiewicz (2003) 52.02 PB

With a couple of withdrawals, heptathlete Adrianna Sułek (6315) is reportedly joining the Polish Olympic team.

Comment

• Sopot pier PV
                    Robert Sobera 5.51
                    Paweł Wojciechowski 5.51
                    Michał Gawenda (2005) 5.11 PB
                    Paweł Wiesiołek 5.01

Comment

• Originally posted by El Toro View Post
                      But is that what they are actually doing?

If I were throwing, I'd be thinking that I need to compete under the normal rules at OG, so I'm going to do my best on every throw and just suffer whatever ridiculous outcome this new format produces.

It's not like throwers or jumpers can actually command their best performance on a particular throw anyway, otherwise, every competitor would do their best in the first round and then go home!
                      !!!!!!!!!!!! I don't get upset about much anymore but this ignorant, clueless rule sticks in my crop. If the imbeciles in charge want to speed things up, just have a one jump/throw competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powell View Post
                        Frankly, I don't think it's logical. Hussong knew what the rules are, so she had no motivation to beat Andrejczyk's mark in round 5 knowing she was safe for a place in the final round.
                        Weak!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post

!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't get upset about much anymore but this ignorant, clueless rule sticks in my crop. If the imbeciles in charge want to speed things up, just have a one jump/throw competition.
                          speed has nothing to do with it; it's an attempt to add more drama and meaning to events that typically get largely ignored..... it has certainly upped the amount of facetime they're getting on DL broadcasts.

Comment

• Stockholm DL
                            mPV
                            5 Piotr Lisek 5.82 =SB
                            wHJ
                            =5 Kamila Lićwinko 1.93

U20 NC, day 3
                            w100H (+1.5)
                            1 Weronika Nagięć 13.28 PB
                            2 Marika Majewska 13.39 PB
                            m110H 99cm
                            1 Jakub Szymański 13.46 PB