Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Polish Championships starts at 3 p.m. local time, with competition starting at 3:15 local time (9:15 a.m. Eastern Time). The stream I found for it is at Lekkoatletyka, Mistrzostwa Polski - 1. dzień [transmisja, online, stream, na żywo, gdzie oglądać] (sport.tvp.pl). The transmission starts at 3:45 p.m. local time.

It starts on June 24th.
    Last edited by ralmcg; 06-23-2021, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Sofia Ennoaui announced she'll miss the Olympics because of an injury she sustained last month :-/
      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

• The NC in Poznań start tomorrow. The finals of day 1 include:
        wJT: Andrejczyk (if she does start, it will be her first competition since that 71.40 in Split)
        mSP: Haratyk, Bukowiecki (the latter is a ? due to health issues)
        mJT: Krukowski
        m1500: Lewandowski, Rozmys
        w100: Swoboda (although she looked to be hurting after her race at the Kusociński Memorial), Skrzyszowska
        wSP: Guba, Kardasz

Comment

• Różnicki announced he's not going to Tokyo. He will follow the original plan and focus on the European and World U20s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powell View Post
            The NC in Poznań start tomorrow.
            Results link?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Results link?
              They'll be on Domtel, like every major event in Poland, but from what I see, the results page has not been put up yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powell View Post
                They'll be on Domtel, like every major event in Poland, but from what I see, the results page has not been put up yet.
                I do see a Live Results link there, thanks.

http://mps.domtel-sport.pl/

Comment

• Yeah, it must have been put there right after my post

Konrad Bukowiecki has withdrawn from the NC with an injury. He says his participation in Tokyo is not in question as of now.

Comment

• At Start (poznan2021.pl) there is a play button called in Polish "Relacja 24.06". There, at 8:50 a.m. Eastern Time, should be a transmission of, or at least a report about, the day's competition.
                    Last edited by ralmcg; 06-24-2021, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• Maria Andrejczyk did win the women's javelin. However, her best throw was 59.69 meters, way below her best. My opinion is that her shoulder problems after Split in May are worse than most people thought. Did she compete in the championships because it's a requirement to be selected for the Polish Olympic Team, like competing in the Olympic Trials is a requirement for the USA Olympic team?

Comment

• Originally posted by ralmcg View Post
                        Maria Andrejczyk did win the women's javelin. However, her best throw was 59.69 meters, way below her best. My opinion is that her shoulder problems after Split in May are worse than most people thought. Did she compete in the championships because it's a requirement to be selected for the Polish Olympic Team, like competing in the Olympic Trials is a requirement for the USA Olympic team?
                        The NC are obligatory in principle, but it is possible to get medical exemption. I think Andrejczyk wanted to finally get back to competition, though. The winning distance was disappointing to be sure, but it didn't look like she was throwing all out. I guess the conditions were not great for javelin throwing, either.

Comment

• NC, Poznań, day 1
                          w3000SC
                          1 Aneta Konieczek 9:25.98 PB Oly Q Polish no. 3 all-time
                          2 Alicja Konieczek 9:27.79 PB Oly Q Polish no. 5 all-time
                          mSP
                          1 Michał Haratyk 20.81
                          2 Jakub Szyszkowski 20.00
                          mJT
                          1 Marcin Krukowski 83.86 (only took one throw)
                          wSP
                          1 Paulina Guba 18.29 SB
                          wJT
                          1 Maria Andrejczyk 59.69
                          w100 (+0.8)
                          1 Pia Skrzyszowska 11.22 PB Polish =no. 8 all-time
                          2 Klaudia Adamek 11.31 PB
                          3 Paulina Guzowska 11.36 PB
                          m1500
                          1 Marcin Lewandowski 3:49.49
                          2 Michał Rozmys 3:49.60
                          m100 (+1.0)
                          1 Dominik Kopeć 10.31
                          2 Przemysław Słowikowski 10.32
                          wTJ
                          1 Adrianna Szóstak 13.92 (+1.0)
                          Last edited by Powell; 06-24-2021, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• That's really, really stupid that Różnicki goes to junior chamionships and not Olympic. The value of juniors competitions are literally zero. Almost nobody remember who was champion.
                            And with his last run he shows that he is capable of 1.43x. I think there was a non-zero chance that he would advance to the Olympic final.

Polish female sprinters looks good. They should get the Olympic final.

Comment

• Expected highlights of day 2:
                              mHT: Fajdek, Nowicki
                              w400: Kaczmarek, Święty-Ersetic, Hołub-Kowalik, Baumgart-Kowalik, Kiełbasińska
                              mPV: Lisek, Sobera, Wojciechowski
                              wHJ: Lićwinko
                              m400: Zalewski, Duszyński
                              mDT: Małachowski, Stój, Urbanek
                              Last edited by Powell; 06-25-2021, 01:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by oneAndOnly View Post
                                That's really, really stupid that Różnicki goes to junior chamionships and not Olympic. The value of juniors competitions are literally zero. Almost nobody remember who was champion.
                                And with his last run he shows that he is capable of 1.43x. I think there was a non-zero chance that he would advance to the Olympic final.
                                I disagree. He can well take golds in both the U20 champs, that will be more memorable than just going to the Olympics. And, unless he made the final in Tokyo (which I agree woul be possible, but a long shot), he'd probably also be worse off in terms of funding for next season if he skipped the junior competitions. Also, his coach wants to take thing slow and not expose him to the top-level competition too soon.

Originally posted by oneAndOnly View Post
                                Polish female sprinters looks good. They should get the Olympic final.
                                They did look surprisingly good. Skrzyszowska actually got a bad start (the RT was .200) and said she's been focusing on hurdle training for the past month, not doing any speed work. It would help the relay a lot if Swoboda is healthy in Tokyo - based on individual times, if you include her, they even have the potential to run a low 42. But with top-level passing, NR and final are doable even without Swoboda.

Re Skrzyszowska, I'm very, very excited about her potential in the hurdles. Once she harnesses her speed and gets it together technically, the sky's the limit for her. That will probably take a couple of years, but even this year, I think she has a chance of making the Olympic final.
                                Last edited by Powell; 06-25-2021, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X