Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mind you they are beautiful looking shoes. Just not $2,500 beautiful

Comment

• Allyson Felix Will Cover Childcare Costs for Fellow Olympians, Which Is Both Inspiring and Infuriating (yahoo.com)

Allyson Felix, the most decorated track and field Olympian of all time, partnered with her biggest sponsor Athleta and the Women's Sports Foundation to give $200,000 in grant money to athletes who need to pay for childcare while training for the 2021 Tokyo Olympics. Having experienced firsthand how new parents and pregnant athletes can be punished by their sponsors, Felix knew it was up to her to make a change and stand up for fellow parents representing Team USA.

Comment

• For all the love that AF inspires in her fans, you have to give her a demerit or two for her now completely disingenuous victimhood position of being punished under a contract that she signed with eyes wide open and profited handsomely by for years.

Comment

• Since I never get pregnant, I will leave that judgement to those who do.

Having said that, I am glad she is actually trying to do something to help other women, instead of simply whining about how she was treated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steele View Post
            For all the love that AF inspires in her fans, you have to give her a demerit or two for her now completely disingenuous victimhood position of being punished under a contract that she signed with eyes wide open and profited handsomely by for years.
            My timeline could be off, but I thought she signed with Nike in 2010 when she was 24 with just a single Olympic relay Gold medal and no children, not when she was 31 with 6 Olympic Golds and while still running pregnant carrying her first child...

Comment

• Another reason Nike will probably stop sponsoring track athletes soon....no one notices until another story comes out how dreadful the company treats its sponsored athletes.... who needs that grief for a niche sport that few notice.

She makes it sound that getting paid to run is something they are entitled to...or an essential skill like teaching...

In a 2019 New York Times op-ed, Felix joined Olympian runners Alysia Montaño and Kara Goucher by sharing her own story of how she was treated by Nike during her pregnancy and first few months of motherhood. "If we have children," she wrote, "we risk pay cuts from our sponsors during pregnancy and afterward. It's one example of a sports industry where the rules are still mostly made for and by men."
              Last edited by Conor Dary; 07-14-2021, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• Never meet your heroes!
                You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                  Since I never get pregnant, I will leave that judgement to those who do.

Having said that, I am glad she is actually trying to do something to help other women, instead of simply whining about how she was treated.
                  Whining about it is exactly what she is doing...and getting some free PR....
                  Last edited by Conor Dary; 07-14-2021, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

Ridiculous...you have zero idea if Felix is behind this story...and if. she is just because you don't agree with her doesn't mean the woman exercising her 1st Amendment rights classify as "whining"
                    The true villains in this circumstance is US Track and Field who should provide childcare assistance for ladies who need to train while being responsible. mothers.

Comment

• Originally posted by beebee View Post
                      The true villains in this circumstance is US Track and Field who should provide childcare assistance for ladies who need to train while being responsible. mothers.
                      USAT&F can't even be considered the employer for US team members. And even if they were, how many employers provide childcare for their employees?
                      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Another reason Nike will probably stop sponsoring track athletes soon....no one notices until another story comes out how dreadful the company treats its sponsored athletes.... who needs that grief for a niche sport that few notice.

She makes it sound that getting paid to run is something they are entitled to...or an essential skill like teaching...

In a 2019 New York Times op-ed, Felix joined Olympian runners Alysia Montaño and Kara Goucher by sharing her own story of how she was treated by Nike during her pregnancy and first few months of motherhood. "If we have children," she wrote, "we risk pay cuts from our sponsors during pregnancy and afterward. It's one example of a sports industry where the rules are still mostly made for and by men."
                        ....and there is something wrong with this statement in what way?

Comment

Umm this sounds very much like "shut up and dribble" comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post

Umm this sounds very much like "shut up and dribble" comment.
                            Yep...to some the first amendment is separate and unequal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powell View Post

USAT&F can't even be considered the employer for US team members. And even if they were, how many employers provide childcare for their employees?
                              In 2021 I see nothing wrong with USA's Track and Field governing body's offering needed assistance to single mothers training hard to try and represent the country. Not every athlete has a strong support system around them.

Comment

• "There's no such thing as a free lunch."

Comment

Working...
                                X