Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fasttrak85 View Post
    Forget what Ato said. Felix NEEDS to run the 400. Im sorry but Felix is not beating a healthy SMU DAS and ET. That may well be one of the best fields since 88 and 92. If she runs a 400 with no smu and maybe no nasser she may have a good shot of being on the podium or better.
    Jeez fasttrak85, what's better than the podium? Heaven? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Being at the top of the podium is better than simply being on the podium.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

Being at the top of the podium is better than simply being on the podium.
        True, but it is still on the podium.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          I'm pretty sure that she can decide for herself what she NEEDS to run.

i hope you are right.

Comment

What do you like better bronze silver or gold?

Comment

What do you like better bronze silver or gold?
              They are still all on the podium . As for me I would be happy these days just to reach the pit.

Comment

They are still all on the podium . As for me I would be happy these days just to reach the pit.
                The podium means getting a medal. Better is winning. Not everyone on the podium is a winner.
                Last edited by fasttrak85; 03-06-2021, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Isnโ€™t there always the danger that SMU sticks with the 400m, or even signs up for both? If she runs the 400m, even with Naser back, she should get at least a silver and strong chance of gold. Even with that in her legs, sheโ€™s likely top 3 in the 200m. Whoโ€™s she keeping off the team that would do better in either event - she wonโ€™t have to break training to make the team...

Comment

Originally posted by jjimbojames View Post
                    Isnโ€™t there always the danger that SMU sticks with the 400m, or even signs up for both? If she runs the 400m, even with Naser back, she should get at least a silver and strong chance of gold. Even with that in her legs, sheโ€™s likely top 3 in the 200m. Whoโ€™s she keeping off the team that would do better in either event - she wonโ€™t have to break training to make the team...
                    I suspect is Naser doesn't run, SMU might try the double. The schedule isnt as bad as I thought, and i dont feel it would hurt her 400m chances that much considering how much better than any other competitor she is.
                    Last edited by ATK; 03-06-2021, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                      I suspect is Naser doesn't run, SMU might try the double. The schedule isnt as bad as I thought, and i dont feel it would hurt her 400m chances that much considering how much better than any other competitor she is.
                      If Nasser doesnt run the 400 gold is hers but i have a hard time seeing SMU wanting to duck Nasser vs beating her. I think Felix is like that too. She may well want the challenge. If this were 2012 or even 2016(no injury) i would bet Felix could dig down and find another gear but with the passage of time comes certain limits.

However if Smu runs a 400 heat the morning of the 200 final she can kiss the gold medal goodbye. Even if she runs a pedestrian 52 high the warm up and cool down and mental refocusing could easily cost her a tenth if nit two tenth in the 200. So that 21.7 could end up a 21.9 a time Et and DAS will be able to best barring injury

Comment

If Nasser doesnt run the 400 gold is hers but i have a hard time seeing SMU wanting to duck Nasser vs beating her. I think Felix is like that too. She may well want the challenge. If this were 2012 or even 2016(no injury) i would bet Felix could dig down and find another gear but with the passage of time comes certain limits.

However if Smu runs a 400 heat the morning of the 200 final she can kiss the gold medal goodbye. Even if she runs a pedestrian 52 high the warm up and cool down and mental refocusing could easily cost her a tenth if nit two tenth in the 200. So that 21.7 could end up a 21.9 a time Et and DAS will be able to best barring injury
                        I pretty much agree. The 200m is wayyy too stacked with a few women who can beat SMU. The 400m is "wide open" in the sense that SMU can make a mistake (like in 2017) and probably still win (Naser aside).

Thats why I think Felix should do the 400m. If she can make that top 3, her individual medal chances drastically increase. I dont see any real path to a 200m medal.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post

I pretty much agree. The 200m is wayyy too stacked with a few women who can beat SMU. The 400m is "wide open" in the sense that SMU can make a mistake (like in 2017) and probably still win (Naser aside).

Thats why I think Felix should do the 400m. If she can make that top 3, her individual medal chances drastically increase. I dont see any real path to a 200m medal.
                          I wonder if Felix made the switch after Doha worlds. Seeing the times had gotten crazy. With Schippers and ET always injured back then the 200 might have mistakenly looked wide open. But with smu only doing the 200 i i feel its a race for silver. The old Elaine could be a problem for smu but she has durability issues so you never know. Das now at 25 has fully matured and must be training like a front runner.

Another issue for allyson may be the trials. There are some amazing young girls running 200 shacarri richardson abby steiner and prandini is always in the mix. So making the 200 wont be a cakewalk. I always feel the 400 benefits felix because alot of girls good on paper can still choke (okolo,mcroey,et al). If Felix is injury free rarely will she ever choke in a 400 because she is a mentally strong athlete. In the 200 its about speed you either have it or you dont. Plus the 200 ached in tokyo is more crammed together with less rest which could be harder for an older athlete. I pray she is trolling us and working on building speed for the 400.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            Alllll-righty then! Mystery cleared and re-clouded.
                            Felix in an interview on 4.07.2021:

While she has focused on the 400m in the latter part of her career, Felix said Wednesday she plans to enter both the 200m and 400m at the US Olympic Trials in Eugene, Oregon in June.

"I'm just going to see how training unfolds. I would like to participate in both at trials and see the outcome of that," Felix said. "If I need to focus on one or the other we will make that decision."

Comment

Here is the article for reference: https://today.rtl.lu/sport/international/a/1702094.html

Comment

Originally posted by TF4Ever View Post
                                While she has focused on the 400m in the latter part of her career, Felix said Wednesday she plans to enter both the 200m and 400m at the US Olympic Trials in Eugene, Oregon in June. "I'm just going to see how training unfolds. I would like to participate in both at trials and see the outcome of that," Felix said. "If I need to focus on one or the other we will make that decision."
                                Excellent!

Comment

Working...
                                X