• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gh View Post
    Felix has launched her own shoe company

story linked on home page
    where do I place my order?

Comment

• So happy for Felix, maybe my favorite W sprinter ever. Love how she approaches her races, love how she lets the other ladies run themselves out, and I love the way she handles herself. Class all day.
      You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

where do I place my order?

Make sure you bring a Brinks truck. Yikes

https://www.sayshrunning.com/shop/p/lily-x69zh
        There are no strings on me

Comment

• Ok, I am a naive old codger. Is there really a market for $2500 track shoes?

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
            Ok, I am a naive old codger. Is there really a market for $2500 track shoes?
            Well, as PT Barnum once said, "there's a sucker born every minute".

Comment

$2,500 is probably a lot, but 100% custom made, intimate design consultation with you, handmade in the US. Your paying for the experience and one of a kind item as opposed to the actual spikes to run in.

Not even close to the same as $100 Nike.com spikes questionably made in China or Vietnam.
              Last edited by ATK; 06-24-2021, 01:49 PM.

Comment

It's apparently a deal with a manufacturer where they will custom-build each order and send her a percentage of the $2500. If nothing sells, nothing is built and it doesn't cost her anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
                  $2,500 is probably a lot, but 100% custom made, intimate design consultation with you, handmade in the US. Your paying for the experience and one of a kind item as opposed to the actual spikes to run in.

Not even close to the same as $100 Nike.com spikes questionably made in China or Vietnam.
                  I understand the vanity/ego thing but even if, as jazz and Barnum cited, there are 1440 suckers born every day. How many of those suckers are potential $2500 shoe customers? Best wishes for Allyson.

Comment

Most pros won't be able to afford them much less high school kids lol. College kids, of course, are obligated to wear whatever brand the school has a deal with.
                    There are no strings on me

Comment

• Originally posted by guru View Post
                      Most pros won't be able to afford them much less high school kids lol.
                      And the pros who can afford them would already have a deal with another shoe company.

She's probably hoping there are few a multimillionaire fans out there willing to spend $2500 like it's nothing. After all, some of them pay over $200K for a Richard Mille watch, so what's a mere $2500?

Comment

Yes!!
                        But only if the carbon insert is replaced with a gold insert

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post

Come on ATK.
                          Now you are being an apoligist for the top 0.1%.

Be honest. There is no market among elite atletes for a beautiful handmade $2,500 running shoe.

It appears that Felix and Saysh are targeting the Gucci market of non athletes, but very rich non athletes.
                          Last edited by Tuariki; 06-24-2021, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

It's apparently a deal with a manufacturer where they will custom-build each order and send her a percentage of the $2500. If nothing sells, nothing is built and it doesn't cost her anything.
                            Except her reputation and credibility

Comment

• Do Gucci non-athletes wear spikes? My Great Depression heritage rebels.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
                                And the pros who can afford them would already have a deal with another shoe company.

She's probably hoping there are few a multimillionaire fans out there willing to spend $2500 like it's nothing. After all, some of them pay over $200K for a Richard Mille watch, so what's a mere $2500?
                                She doesn't have to sell a single pair of those custom made spikes. That's just a showcase piece. The real product is the $150 sneakers for the mass.

Comment

Working...
                                X