Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madrid WIT (Holloway 7.32 =AR heat; 7.29 WR, AR)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

corrected implies there was an error, when there most certainly was not one

Comment

"7.32....Now officially 7.29"
      "7.32....rounded down to 7.29"
      "7.32....corrected to 7.29"

Only one of these really makes sense

Comment

In the myriad OG/WC/USATF/NCAA meets I've announced through the years, my preferred terminology for the crowd has long been

"unofficial winning time x....[ pause].... and the official winning time is y"

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
          In the myriad OG/WC/USATF/NCAA meets I've announced through the years, my preferred terminology for the crowd has long been

"unofficial winning time x....[ pause].... and the official winning time is y"
          BINGO!

Also, it would be a nice short feature for one of the broadcasts to explain the difference, the tech, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
            corrected implies there was an error, when there most certainly was not one
            ??!!
            The Flash Time, to 98% of the people watching, Is the finish time. WE know it has an inherent error in it, vis-a-vis what the camera will show. We expect a 'correction' (sometimes there is not one) to the OFFICIAL time.
            This is, as usual, a semantic differential. We, here, understand, what's going on, but even I, a core-fan for OVER 50 years, never knew that some FAT crews make sure the 'error' is slower than the Offical Time, so there's lots of room here for discourse.

Comment

Working...
            X