Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mardal CL in R1 of men's weight... 24.04

ups it to 24.16 in R3
    Last edited by gm; 02-25-2021, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Pat Henry on the Gittens disaster:

"Extremely disappointing for Tyra Gittens, I've never seen her in this situation before and I hope she learned a lesson today. I hope she learned a little bit about herself in a pressure situation and she has to learn to double check her marks. There are a lot of things she's gotta learn today and you don't assume anything, something was haywired in the long jump but that is neither here or there because you must double-check. You have to be a smart athlete and you cannot rely on other people to do anything for you in this kind of situation."

Comment

Hey, thank you so much for sharing this with us.

SHAREit MX Player
        Last edited by burbigo3; 03-22-2021, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
          Except she was already #4...
          Hey, blame the list I used - shan't mention whose.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

"Extremely disappointing for Tyra Gittens, I've never seen her in this situation before and I hope she learned a lesson today. I hope she learned a little bit about herself in a pressure situation and she has to learn to double check her marks. There are a lot of things she's gotta learn today and you don't assume anything, something was haywired in the long jump but that is neither here or there because you must double-check. You have to be a smart athlete and you cannot rely on other people to do anything for you in this kind of situation."
            In most major competitions a tape measure is laid out along the runway by the long jump official and they then give you 2 markers to put down for your marks. Apparently, from what I've heard the men's long jump in the heptathlon was before the women's long jump in the pentathlon and the tape measure that was laid out for the men was not moved for women in one of the long jump pits. At the Tyson Indoor Track facility the men's long jump board is at 4 meters and the women's is at 2 meters.

Comment

Forida's Sterling Lester moved from 5th to 2nd in last event of the pentathlon, with a 2:16 800m, earning 4,095 its.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

A bit harsh??
                Echoes of Salazar?
                Should not have been published!
                Want to hear Tyra's side!!

Comment

Originally posted by eman2001 View Post
                  In most major competitions a tape measure is laid out along the runway by the long jump official and they then give you 2 markers to put down for your marks. Apparently, from what I've heard the men's long jump in the heptathlon was before the women's long jump in the pentathlon and the tape measure that was laid out for the men was not moved for women in one of the long jump pits. At the Tyson Indoor Track facility the men's long jump board is at 4 meters and the women's is at 2 meters.
                  I do not what the Tyra Giddens incident is about. I did not go to Fayetteville during the pandemic but I I have worked the Horizontal jumps at Arkansas meets since circa 1983. Arkansas has a cadre of excellent officials but they have been operating with skeleton crews so It is possible someone goofed.m We always/normally put down runway tapes from the appropriate takeoff board for every event. In any event, the Tyson horizontal runways are all permanently marked, on one side or the other, with the distance from all permanent take-off boards.
                  We do this because a few jumpers (mostly women) try to put down their own tape measure, even with the official tape and permanent markings already in place.
                  Last edited by lonewolf; 02-26-2021, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the insight, lonewolf.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                      I do not what the Tyra Giddens incident is about. I did not go to Fayetteville during the pandemic but I I have worked the Horizontal jumps at Arkansas meets since circa 1983. Arkansas has a cadre of excellent officials but they have been operating with skeleton crews so It is possible someone goofed.m We always/normally put down runway tapes from the appropriate takeoff board for every event. In any event, the Tyson horizontal runways are all permanently marked, on one side or the other, with the distance from all permanent take-off boards.
                      We do this because a few jumpers (mostly women) try to put down their own tape measure, even with the official tape and permanent markings already in place.
                      I have had athletes in this situation and it sure isn't hard to spot the mistake, either by her or the coach who should have been watching her. The other women didn't have a problem.
                      I also find Pat Henry's remarks unfathomable.

Comment

After an initial foul, Isaac Grimes is right around 26' in his next three jumps. Time to pop another 27'er?

He's jumped 26-0.75 three times thru 5!

It's streaming now - with Dan O'Brien and Dwight Stones.

They're calling the mHJ now, and it's refreshing to hear two guys who know what they're talking about. Lots of nuance in approach and technique.

Yikes, 2nd place was not even 7'. The stats guy said that a few years ago it took 7-1.5 to be Top 8!
                        Last edited by Atticus; 02-26-2021, 05:51 PM.

Comment

After 3 in the mLJ, Boling stands second at mid-25, to Ark's Brown at mid 26. Can Boling respond?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            After 3 in the mLJ, Boling stands second at mid-25, to Ark's Brown at mid 26. Can Boling respond?
                            Brown had a big PB. Before 7.79 to this 8.12.

Comment

Things hotted up fast in the Finals.

Harrison leads at 27-4 =WL
                              McLeod (Tn) 26-8.25
                              Brown (Atk) 26-7.75
                              Boling 26-5.75

So far

I'm a bit perplexed . . . did they have 3 jumps BEFORE the final 6?
                              Last edited by Atticus; 02-26-2021, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                Things hotted up fast in the Finals.

Harrison leads at 27-4 =WL
                                McLeod (Tn) 26-8.25
                                Brown (Atk) 26-7.75
                                Boling 26-5.75

So far
                                Not the finals, yet. Just through 2 rounds of flight 2.

Originally posted by Atticus
                                I'm a bit perplexed . . . did they have 3 jumps BEFORE the final 6?
                                Two flights of 9 jumpers each. Three jumps each. Top 9 get an additional 3 jumps. They are just now finishing the second flight.
                                Last edited by Big Tusk; 02-26-2021, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X