Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post

It seems he over pressured himself and step inside and lost it. He just gave up after that - you can see it in his expression. But that's what you do when you have little experience with guys who match you and you are put on the inside line having to chase your comp.
    The first thing I thought of when I saw the race is the old axiom "pressure burst pipes".

Comment

Bizarre run for Boling! Even if no DQ he would have been 3rd. But a 20.55 from a 20.37 - hmmm! Which at least would have been a top 3 but now being DQ he comes up with zilch being 4th in the LJ. Last year and now is the time to learn. His Fr and So years are not panning out. Let's see what outdoors brings.
      How is is soph year not panning out? You've been making absurd comments about this kid for at least the last few days.

Comment

There should be a rule that all track meets end with the 4x4.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

How is is soph year not panning out? You've been making absurd comments about this kid for at least the last few days.
          Well compared to the expectations when he left HS and his improvements, two years on, I'm simply doubting those expectations.

Comment

Well, I have not given up on young Mr. Boling. I was on the board when he popped that 26 footer in the midst of a bunch of 23/24 footers at Texas a couple of years ago and watched his story book anchor in the 4x4. I don't think he peaked at age 17. You cannot break the WR in the LJ, 200 and 400 every time out but this kid is a point scorer. This past years competition schedule has not been conducive to maximizing his potential. I venture any school in the country will take him if Georgia is dissatisfied.

Comment

Checked with Tilastopaja for birthdate of Fahnbullah!
              And OMG, he was born September 11, 2001!
              I kid you not!

Comment

Well compared to the expectations when he left HS and his improvements, two years on, I'm simply doubting those expectations.
                Talk about eating one's young.
                He can use Twain's line: “The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.”

He's coming along just fine.

Comment

I think this has beep said before, maybe not on this thread, but having seen those SEC races, I suspect the Georgia football people will try to get him to switch sports, or at least do both, if that's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                    Beats the WU20 record that was just broken by Hodgkinson this year as well

And is #20 all time overall.
                    As jaw-droppingly impressive as this was, I think it can be said that this is the 800 performance by Mu that's been awaited for the past two years. Her 1:23.57 600m, to me, proclaimed 1:58-59 potential and it's wonderful to see her finally able to accomplish that. Could be very exciting to see what she does in the next 5-10 years in the 800 and 400!

Comment

• Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post

He's yet to run an outdoor meet out of HS. Indoors he's run the 2nd or 3rd fastest 200m in the NCAA, a leadoff 400m which would be the 2nd fastest 400m in the world indoors and is within the top 10 in the Long Jump which is an event he's likely just a "scorer" for his collegiate team.

If there is a problem with expectations, it's probably more with you than anything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by steveu View Post

As jaw-droppingly impressive as this was, I think it can be said that this is the 800 performance by Mu that's been awaited for the past two years. Her 1:23.57 600m, to me, proclaimed 1:58-59 potential and it's wonderful to see her finally able to accomplish that. Could be very exciting to see what she does in the next 5-10 years in the 800 and 400!
                        The splits being within a couple of seconds was pretty impressive as well. If there was a disappointment with the meet for me it was A&M not running the 4x4 which is amongst my favorite events. I get why they didn't and hope at the NCAAs they put it all out there to see what they (and Mu) can do....again.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

Exactly, he is third in the world in the 200 right now.

As for “bursting under pressure”, this was a conference meet. He won at the world level outdoors a couple years ago.

I expect he will come roaring back at NCAAs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            Talk about eating one's young.
                            He can use Twain's line: “The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.”

He's coming along just fine.
                            Coming along fine he is but that's not commensurate with the talk he was getting when he was in HS - at least not yet in my opinion. It's like the OMG factor just went away and now it's he is coming along just fine. That's ok but I'm just saying! The kid is great but not sure he is gonna be rising to level everyone was talking about. He might, I'm just not sure right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post

Exactly, he is third in the world in the 200 right now.

As for “bursting under pressure”, this was a conference meet. He won at the world level outdoors a couple years ago.

I expect he will come roaring back at NCAAs.
                              I hope so!

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

He's yet to run an outdoor meet out of HS. Indoors he's run the 2nd or 3rd fastest 200m in the NCAA, a leadoff 400m which would be the 2nd fastest 400m in the world indoors and is within the top 10 in the Long Jump which is an event he's likely just a "scorer" for his collegiate team.

If there is a problem with expectations, it's probably more with you than anything else.
                                I'm willing to admit this no doubt.

It's more of the OMG factor mentioned earlier. I expected a little more improvements commensurate with that OMG facto coming out of HS. But as also noted I'm still waiting, as we all are, for a proper outdoor season.

Comment

Working...
                                X