• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Also....

Poland

41% of peak and rising

195 infections per 100K people reported last 7 days
    Sure that's a pretty high number in population terms, but it's still just 1 person in 500. My impression is that gh's friend's friend is overstating things.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      From the huge stats manual issued
      400m 45.05 WARHOLM 2019..........hey, why is he not here this time?
      He did not want to risk things by competing outside his home country this season, that's what I heard. He's only done one 300 race in Norway this winter.
      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

On live now

https://athletics.eurovisionsports.t...s/calendar/383

results website **CRASH**
        Last edited by Atticus; 03-04-2021, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          From the huge stats manual issued
          Triple Jump 17.92 TAMGHO 2011.... another biggie by Zhango?
          Don't think Zango will win mTJ, unless Burkina Faso has moved to Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by J Rorick View Post

If Asian countries can compete in the European Championships, why not African countries?

Comment

Originally posted by highjumpfan View Post

If Asian countries can compete in the European Championships, why not African countries?
              Outside of Israel (which competes in Euros because of political reasons), what Asian country competes in them? Note Turkey is both Asian and European.

Comment

Whatever the reason, Israel is still in Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by J Rorick View Post
                  Ha! I moved him to France to train with Tamgho, who's only 31!

Comment

Keep up with the times - it's an individual country's choice, y'know, National Identity issues.

Comment

Only Israel competes with the Europeans (and does not compete with Asia, at least in general). Many countries refuse to compete with Israel, it rather ruins any sort of championships as well as bilateral matches (such as WC qualifying in football). This situation does not arise with any country in Africa -- not sure what is hard to understand, it is not some country deciding 'hey, I want to...'

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post

Only Israel competes with the Europeans (and does not compete with Asia, at least in general). Many countries refuse to compete with Israel, it rather ruins any sort of championships as well as bilateral matches (such as WC qualifying in football). This situation does not arise with any country in Africa -- not sure what is hard to understand, it is not some country deciding 'hey, I want to...'
                        It's not as if Israel does it to win trophies and medals. In most sports they would have a much better chance of doing so in Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                          Not surprising hardly anyone in Europe is vaccinated...
                          Hardly anyone in Continental Europe is vaccinated.

Comment

Results link back up.

Montler led mLJ qual with creditable 8.18 (26-10). Tentaglou with 8.04.
                            7.74 (25-4.75) made the cut.

2.21 (7-3) is the qual height in mHJ as exactly 8 made it, incl Ned, Tamb and Przy on first tries.

wSP - 18.16 made it to finals, incl. all the usual suspects.
                            Last edited by Atticus; 03-04-2021, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post

I'm quite aware of the reasons having actually represented Israel at the European Indoor Championships in Athletics, but thank you for the explanation. I feel much wiser now.

Comment

Bit of a disappointment that Kardasz (and maybe McKinna, too) didn't make wSP final. Huge PR for Spanish athlete.

Comment

Working...
                                X