Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 NCAA Indoor Championships

With the publication of accepted athletes, I guess it's time to start the discussion.

Women
    http://www.rtspt.com/ncaa/d1indoor21/women_selected.htm

Men
    http://www.rtspt.com/ncaa/d1indoor21/men_selected.htm

Teare in the 3 but not the Mile.
    No BYU leaders in the 5.

Pretty strange actually...a lot of schools, like Boise State, are doing cross country now...

https://broncosports.com/news/2021/3...-in-vegas.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
      Pretty strange actually...a lot of schools, like Boise State, are doing cross country now...
      The NCAA (Nitwits Committed to Absolute Anarchy) sked the XC Championship 2 days after this meet. Brilliant, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post

The NCAA (Nitwits Committed to Absolute Anarchy) sked the XC Championship 2 days after this meet. Brilliant, huh?
        As stated on the other thread which you, blindly, made a similar comment....the NCAA had a boatload of issues to consider back in November when the XC meet was scheduled. Criticize all you want but do at least a little research on the matter first.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
          As stated on the other thread which you, blindly, made a similar comment....the NCAA had a boatload of issues to consider back in November when the XC meet was scheduled. Criticize all you want but do at least a little research on the matter first.
          What research is necessary to see that THIS solution is not viable for either sport?
          I'm sure it was a complex problem, but THIS was not the solution.

Comment

What research is necessary to see that THIS solution is not viable for either sport?
            I'm sure it was a complex problem, but THIS was not the solution.
            How can you determine what the answer was without doing even a little research? It's easy to take potshots at an organization. That's what they are there for but the schedule's been what it is for months and now you're crawling out of the weeds to criticize when you admittedly have no idea why the two events were scheduled near each other. The affects on the two events have been anticipated from the get go. It's a one time (hopefully) occurance for which there are valid reasons for the scheduling.

Comment

How can you determine what the answer was without doing even a little research? It's easy to take potshots at an organization. That's what they are there for but the schedule's been what it is for months and now you're crawling out of the weeds to criticize when you admittedly have no idea why the two events were scheduled near each other. The affects on the two events have been anticipated from the get go. It's a one time (hopefully) occurance for which there are valid reasons for the scheduling.
              I intuited that there must have been all sorts of conflicts, but the ENTERING argument should have been . . . 'anything but simultaneously'.
              As Sherlock instructed us (paraphrasing), once the impossible has been eliminated, the improbable becomes the solution.
              And . . . I have commented on this before, so my weed-crawling is a previous affectation.
              Do you have a personal investment in this decision? It's obviously NOT good for our sport(s), regardless of the forces that compelled its making.

Comment

I intuited that there must have been all sorts of conflicts, but the ENTERING argument should have been . . . 'anything but simultaneously'.
                As Sherlock instructed us (paraphrasing), once the impossible has been eliminated, the improbable becomes the solution.
                And . . . I have commented on this before, so my weed-crawling is a previous affectation.
                Do you have a personal investment in this decision? It's obviously NOT good for our sport(s), regardless of the forces that compelled its making.
                There are two distance races indoors, and the 3000 for men is a long ways from the 10km on turf. The women have a bit more potential conflicts because top 1500 are competitive. However, note that the number of entrants is very limited, so quite good runners have no chance of Indoors if not the 1600 leg on one of the few DMR teams.

Comment

It's a one time (hopefully) occurance for which there are valid reasons for the scheduling.
                  Please fill me in. I haven't heard one valid reason for scheduling them on basically the same weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post

Please fill me in. I haven't heard one valid reason for scheduling them on basically the same weekend.
                    You cannot easily run the XC meet earlier, the Indoor meet needs to be done before outdoors and there is that little basketball set of tournaments (conference then ...) No one here that is complaining had gone through and come up with a plan that works better, not even a hint, so clearly easy scenarios are no there. COVID restrictions still apply, both to the meet (note that EIndoors might be having trouble getting officiating staff). Commitments have to be made a long time ahead, not knowing what would transpire and what different states would allow). When you have a plan, then ...

Comment

Weekend after NCAA indoor would have made the most sense.

Comment

No personal interest, it is just so lazy to take pot shots without investing any energy whatsoever....apparently...in finding out why the decision may have been made. It certainly isn't ideal but, considering the hopefully one time circumstances being what they are, maybe just a bit of slack should be provided prior to fire, shoot, aim.

Comment

A quick google search provides a very clear and understandable explanation as to why the meets are so close together, decided months ago. Sure not everyone agrees, but unfortunately a pandemic upended the world and decisions that some people like and others dont had to be made.

Looks like schools adjusted anyway way and I think most agree, Outdoor is the real goal anyway.

Comment

No personal interest, it is just so lazy to take pot shots without investing any energy whatsoever....apparently...in finding out why the decision may have been made. It certainly isn't ideal but, considering the hopefully one time circumstances being what they are, maybe just a bit of slack should be provided prior to fire, shoot, aim.
                            Here's the deal. They had to find a date that did not conflict with other important things. The NUMBER ONE thing not to conflict with SHOULD have been the NCAA T&F Championships. It really is that easy. I'm sure any other date they might have chosen would indeed have conflicted with SOMEthing, but they failed in their primary duty - help the sport(s) they represent.

Comment

Here's the deal. They had to find a date that did not conflict with other important things. The NUMBER ONE thing not to conflict with SHOULD have been the NCAA T&F Championships. It really is that easy. I'm sure any other date they might have chosen would indeed have conflicted with SOMEthing, but they failed in their primary duty - help the sport(s) they represent.
                              So you still know nothing but know exactly how it should have went.

Comment

Working...
                              X