Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post

I believe that just goes back to experience. In the future, she will know that she must have the lead at 200 to avoid the very things you mention.
    How is she supposed to get the lead at 23.70? It appeared she knew that since she fought for it and couldn't get it. It's the nature of indoor running not inexperience.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
      How is she supposed to get the lead at 23.70? It appeared she knew that since she fought for it and couldn't get it. It's the nature of indoor running not inexperience.
      Watch her first 50 and see how 'casually' she got out compared to Roberts. If Mu is clearly the best in the field, it's up to her to run the initial 100 much faster and expect to hold off Roberts, just as Roberts did her.
      If Mu had the race to run again right now, don't you think that's exactly what she would have done? Now, IF . . . Roberts can go out even faster . . . say, 23.50 . . . and still win, then Roberts actually IS the better runner, but the PRs don't seem to bear that out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Watch her first 50 and see how 'casually' she got out compared to Roberts. If Mu is clearly the best in the field, it's up to her to run the initial 100 much faster and expect to hold off Roberts, just as Roberts did her.
        If Mu had the race to run again right now, don't you think that's exactly what she would have done? Now, IF . . . Roberts can go out even faster . . . say, 23.50 . . . and still win, then Roberts actually IS the better runner, but the PRs don't seem to bear that out.
        She got out "casually" because she is not a true sprinter which you don't seem to get in this entire discussion. It's probable that her best strategy in hindsight would have been to sit behind Roberts around turn and attempt to pass on the backstretch instead of trying to sprint and get all bogged down around the turn.

Comment

She got out "casually" because she is not a true sprinter which you don't seem to get in this entire discussion. It's probable that her best strategy in hindsight would have been to sit behind Roberts around turn and attempt to pass on the backstretch instead of trying to sprint and get all bogged down around the turn.
          Bingo.

Comment

It's probable that her best strategy in hindsight would have been to . . .
            I buy that too, which, of course, is also called . . . experience.

Comment

• I did not realize that out of the top SEVEN wTJers, only one, 4th place, was an American.

Comment

• Originally posted by guru View Post

Steiner 22.62, fastest qualifier by .15 despite the tight lane.

She'll be in 5 tomorrow, with #2 qualifier Tamara Clark to chase. Steiner couldnt ask for a better setup to challenge Torrence's 25 year old AR.
                Abby ran a great final and deservedly won. Am I the only one that would love to see what she could do with higher arm carriage? It would surely assist in her turnover.

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinR View Post
                  Abby ran a great final and deservedly won. Am I the only one that would love to see what she could do with higher arm carriage? It would surely assist in her turnover.
                  The commentators said that she had adapted that specifically for indoor running. She has a fuller swing outdoors -
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfWy5cat-zk (2 minute mark)
                  Last edited by Atticus; 03-17-2021, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the info. Who am I to argue with what she has accomplished?

Comment

Working...
                    X