Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
    PJ's video analysis on twitter showed how she keeps her ankles so stiff, her hips high, and she has consistent form through the whole distance - impressive.
    Link?
    Her form just looks different from everyone else's. Either she was born this way, or her coach is on to something. The best men's form has been Gatlin's, all the way back to the toe-drag out of the blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

Her race last weekend may have been "low key" but I'd consider a PR 13.03 to be indicating a rather high level of fitness
      Considering she didnt exactly blow her previous PR - 13.34, as a HS freshman - into the weeds I wouldnt say it indicated anything.
      There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
        Considering she didnt exactly blow her previous PR - 13.34, as a HS freshman - into the weeds I wouldnt say it indicated anything.
        She needed WD-40 to get that rust off. I'd say 13.03 was a stellar return.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          She needed WD-40 to get that rust off. I'd say 13.03 was a stellar return.
          Again, HS freshman. It's not like she hasnt run a hurdle since 2014. "Stellar" would have been 12.7-12.8.
          There are no strings on me

Comment

https://twitter.com/pjvazel/status/1...803978245?s=19

Hopefully that link works. It was a bit more detailed on his IG post, are you on IG?

Agree her form and ability to hold it is probably natural and her coach has built on that.

Comment

Hopefully that link works. It was a bit more detailed on his IG post, are you on IG?

Agree her form and ability to hold it is probably natural and her coach has built on that.
              Her form has improved but was visible when she was at LSU with Mitchell building on what's a very unique athlete. While his history is known, being a Nike athlete, no one is sure what other pro coaches she might have had in the US apart from staying with Shaver which might not have been an option though I think Hobbs and Briscoe are still in BR. No one can say apart from those involved.

Richardson has a winners mentality, she wants to succeed, speaks passionately of her belief in herself and what she's doing. Being tested abroad this year might not happen in the way we saw even last year, she might go into US Trials without facing international competition. Thompson was in Florida so racing SAFP might happen or it might not. This is going to be a really exciting year in the women's sprints.

Comment

Personally, I want to see her run on a 'proven' track with a more reliable wind reading, preferably overseas at a DL, then I'll form my opinion. But there's no doubt she's in wicked form.
                She ran 10.75 with a 1.6 two years ago at the NCAA Championships. I guess that doesn't meet your criteria, either?

Comment

Thanks.
                  Had a freshman girl (14yo) once, who, on Day 1 of practice, had absolutely perfect form. We never touched it. She looked like she was effortlessly floating around the track.
                  Sha'Carri looks born to sprint.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                    Though I agree the schedule essentially makes it super easy for anyone to just try out the flat and hurdles, I'm willing to bet we wont see all of the top 4 hurdlers run both (Muhammad, McLaughlin, Little, Spencer), despite all of them being capable of running sub 50.
                    Spencer might be better served there. MML look unbeatable.
                    Even if the others finish in the top 3, they may well decline the spot. Open 400 is a great fall-back position for them, ala Harrison Dillard.

Comment

Sha'Carri is 5'1? Same as SAFP (5'0?).
                      Doesn't seem to hamper either!

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post

Again, HS freshman. It's not like she hasnt run a hurdle since 2014. "Stellar" would have been 12.7-12.8.
                        That cuts both ways. It means that she has not run them and not worked on sprint-hurdle technique. If this run is from improving her 400h technique then it bodes well; adding better form with less fatigue from a given pace bodes will for the 400h.

Comment

Spencer might be better served there. MML look unbeatable.
                          Even if the others finish in the top 3, they may well decline the spot. Open 400 is a great fall-back position for them, ala Harrison Dillard.
                          I still remember my shock (from the edge of the track) as Spencer ran 51-high in her heat with no one as anywhere near as close as a Crouser put. Then the next day she ran 51.01 unpressed in a meet where she had to run other events -- she was a freshman.

Comment

10.72 for Sha'Carri Richardson !! wind-legal. +1.6
                            What in the actual fk? Someone call Coach Francis and start gettin his girls up to speed, literally

Comment

Originally posted by Paced View Post

Yep the first ever sub-10.8 in April. I'd say she's already done enough to be considered a big threat for the gold.

It has the potential to be one of the most competitive events of them all.
                              Only downside is she may be too fast too early. If Shelly was still young my money would be on her. She will watch everyone run their fast circuit times n set the track on fire when it matters. At 34 is the spark there still?

Comment

Originally posted by fasttrak85 View Post

Only downside is she may be too fast too early. If Shelly was still young my money would be on her. She will watch everyone run their fast circuit times n set the track on fire when it matters. At 34 is the spark there still?
                                My cash is with the hungry 21 year old who just ran a 10.72 in April and displays passion commitment with a bit of attitude, over a 35 year old All time great who really has very little left to prove...Thompson is more of a threat.

Comment

Working...
                                X