Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JACOBS ELIMINATED in the 1500

She stuck in the "slow heat" and finished 6th- she had to be in the top five.

Re: JACOBS ELIMINATED in the 1500

She seemed quite upset when Carol Lewis interviewed her. She was running wide the whole race, looking in control, "out of trouble".

Ceplak had faded and must have put on one heckuva kick at the end.

Comment

Looks like she settled for a slow pace and then got blasted by the faster sprinters at the end... sucks

Comment

She just melted down. Was in 2nd 250M out , held her position, and 5 passed her in the last 120.

Comment

>Was in 2nd 250M out , held her position, and 5 passed her in the last 120.

Well she must've got one of 'em back at the wire, 'cause she finished 6th.
          Sounds like it was entirely a matter of tactics...

Comment

Bet SFH is smiling, esp after she said that Regina would "get hers" in Europe. Not that she's any better at this stuff....

Comment

"Bet SFH is smiling, esp after she said that Regina would "get hers" in Europe. Not that she's any better at this stuff...."

You got that shit right, pal. Does Sydney 2000 still ring a bell?

Regina still has the remainder of the European season to improve on her 4:01.63 at the U.S. Championships, and maybe move up in the top 10.

Comment

It has not been a good year for US 1500 meter running. In fact it may be the worse year ever for US metric milers. Let's hope things improve next year.

Comment

Jacobs got really beat up by the three Russians at about 800. Could have taken a lot out of her.

Comment

>Jacobs got really beat up by the three Russians at about 800. Could have taken a lot out of her.

Them dad-blabbed Rooskies! Trust but verify my #(&@($!!!
                    I knew we shudda nooked 'em back in '62!

Comment

it is ridiculous to compare regina jacobs who has won four medals in major events and suzy whatever last name she is using who has NEVER won a medal. regina did not race enough this summer and it showed in the final 80 meters. by the way suzy hamilton will NEVER win a medal no matter what good shape she claims she is in !

Comment

Having "been there, done that," I understand what it's like to compete at that level at age 38, 39, 40. The thing that went first was the ability to surge or react quickly. Although I could still run very fast, tactical races were killer. As I got older, I could not rely on the late kick. I had to work from 600 meters out and "outstrength" them. The big mistake after age 35 is to think you can wait to kick in the last 150-200 meters. Outkicking American women at our nationals is not the same as outkicking top-level international runners. Everyone out there can run the last 400 under 60.

Comment

>it is ridiculous to compare regina jacobs who has
                          >won four medals in major events and suzy whatever
                          >last name she is using who has NEVER won a medal.
                          >regina did not race enough this summer and it
                          >showed in the final 80 meters. by the way suzy
                          >hamilton will NEVER win a medal no matter what
                          >good shape she claims she is in !

I agree....... so why does she have one of the biggest Nike contracts?

Comment

Probably because she is supposedly a cute, blonde girl

Comment

>Probably because she is supposedly a cute, blonde girl

SFH IS a cute, blonde girl. Nothing wrong with that and she deserves every red cent that she's made with her calendar and magazine covers.

These athletes are like thoroughbred horses: powerful, magnificant, but fragile. Although I regret their disappointing results in many of the big meets, they have provided us with lot of thrills and shown gutsy performances many times. Many of them have just had bad luck. People around here act like a "poor" performance is some kind of a character flaw. It has got to be tough to keep going year after year without breaking down. Thoroughbred horses only race for a couple of years. We expect these men and women to act like gladiators or something for our entertainment and then put them down when they have an off day.

Comment

Working...
                              X