Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Indoor World Championships Field Events

I sure hope I'm just being paranoid, but in looking at the schedule released today, the LJ/TJ/SP have an ominous listing.
    Rounds 1-5 have one time, but Round 6 has a separate time listed.
    They wouldn't pull that DL crap and have the only last round determine placings . . . would they??!!

Of course they would 😑

Comment

I could not find any clarification about this either way, but I cannot fathom why you would schedule round 6 separately unless the previous rounds were not going to count.

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
        I could not find any clarification about this either way, but I cannot fathom why you would schedule round 6 separately unless the previous rounds were not going to count.
        '16 World Indoor in Portland had separate final window

Comment

Is there a link for the 2016 schedule that shows separate round 6 final? Everything I see for Portland shows one time for the Final

ex. 2016 women's Long Jump:
          Day 2 – Friday, 18 March, Afternoon 18:55 Long Jump W Final

The Belgrade schedule has an explicit calendar separation between rounds 1-5 and round 6 which makes it seem questionable.

ex. 2022 women's Long Jump
          DAY 3 - Sunday, Afternoon, 20 March
          17:30 Long Jump W F 1-5
          19:02 Long Jump W F 6
          Last edited by ATK; 03-19-2021, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
            '16 World Indoor in Portland had separate final window
            I'm pretty sure it was not for ONE round.
            If this is the DL kaka, there needs to be a loud dissent sounded NOW.

They can do the 'paring down' thing, if they really want to.
            Only 8 get the last three.
            Only 6 get the last two.
            Only 4 get the last one.

But ALL attempts count in the placings.
            Last edited by Atticus; 03-19-2021, 07:49 PM.

Comment

at both Portland '16 and Birmingham '18 only the top 4 after 5 rounds got to take the sixth jump/throw. Finish order was determined by overall marks, not the last round.

Comment

at both Portland '16 and Birmingham '18 only the top 4 after 5 rounds got to take the sixth jump/throw. Finish order was determined by overall marks, not the last round.
                I prefer mine, which I think was either your idea or based on something you wrote about.

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                  I cannot fathom why you would schedule round 6 separately unless the previous rounds were not going to count.
                  I can. It's a way to make sure there's no time conflict between the final round and any track events.
                  Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post

I can. It's a way to make sure there's no time conflict between the final round and any track events.
                    which was exactly the thinking when the Portland concept was created. It comes in a scheduled break in running events

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
                      So they sit and wait . . . ?

Comment

Makes sense if you want to emphasize the field events....assuming they do what they did before.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          So they sit and wait . . . ?
                          given that the "final 4" are the people who—almost assuredly—are the ones who had the final 4 attempts at the end of 5 rounds, most of them would welcome a chance to wait. Indeed, some/many of the jumpers in Portland griped about not having sufficent down time between attempts 5 and 6.

Comment

given that the "final 4" are the people who—almost assuredly—are the ones who had the final 4 attempts at the end of 5 rounds, most of them would welcome a chance to wait. Indeed, some/many of the jumpers in Portland griped about not having sufficent down time between attempts 5 and 6.
                            OK - do we know they'll only give the top 4 a final jump?

Comment

Reducing the number of athletes advancing after each round does create a quick rotation in the final round. Stop messing with a proven product.

Comment

Working...
                              X