Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well whatever they are doing, they should have explained it when they released the very unusual schedule.

Comment

Still they persist with only heats and final of the 800s. I can’t see how it’s a problem to have heats, semis and a final when the 400s have 3 rounds (2 on the same day)

Mens 3000 has heats and a final, women’s is just a final, so much for equality

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
        Reducing the number of athletes advancing after each round does create a quick rotation in the final round. Stop messing with a proven product.
        Not sure its a proven product since hardly anyone pays attention to it these days.

Comment

WA has confirmed for me that Belgrade will be same format as Portland and Birmingham were. aka, time to move along Chicken Little, nothing to see here.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            I sure hope I'm just being paranoid, but
            Originally posted by gh View Post
            nothing to see here.
            Can you blame me? That DL crapola was real (stupid).

Comment

Originally posted by trailrun View Post
              Still they persist with only heats and final of the 800s. I can’t see how it’s a problem to have heats, semis and a final when the 400s have 3 rounds (2 on the same day)

Mens 3000 has heats and a final, women’s is just a final, so much for equality
              This might be due to the number of qualifiers.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post

This might be due to the number of qualifiers.
                Why would this be any different for the men and women? If they were off one year, adjust the standards the next time.

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post

Why would this be any different for the men and women? If they were off one year, adjust the standards the next time.
                  It depends on the manner in which the threshold is selected but I am guessing that the women have longer, thinner (upper) tail, which would lead to a fewer entrants about some automatic threshold. Also, is it a plus or a minus to have a thinner field; an extra round eliminates entrants with almost no chance of being on the podium.

Comment

Working...
                  X