Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Texas Relays

It'll be interesting to see how these athletes (among lots of others) open outdoors this week:

Women
    200 – Akinosun, Daniels Te, Harrison K, Hastings, Prandini, Spencer A, Thomas G
    400 - Baisden, Carter, Little
    PV - Morris, Suhr
    TJ – Acquah, Usoro
    DT - Allman
    JT – Allgood, Ince, Malone

Men
    100 – Baker
    400 – Deadmon, Dixon, Korir E, London, Montgomery
    Mile – Saruni
    PV – Bradford, Lightfoot, McWhorter
    LJ – McCarter, Ward
    DT – Jagers, Williams
    HT – Donnelly
    JT – Peters (!), Shuey, Thompson

Lots of coverage of this on Longhorn Network for those that have it.

Comment

I will be driving down Thursday to work my 47th Texas Relay. Lots of mandated covid protocol. Abbreviated schedule, three days instead of four days, no HS division. cancelled Thursday night fish fry. Usually, too many officials clamoring to work the Relays, scrambling for bodies this year.

Comment

Jenn Suhr making her first Age 39 appearance!!
        My Record Book doesn't currently have an OUTdoor Age 39 Record!
        But I'm sure (or SUHR??) she'll provide a good one!
        If she just makes the opening height, that will become the Record!

Comment

Looks like they're selling limited tickets. Since I'm vaccinated, I tried to buy one and none are available. I wonder if it actually is sold out already or if the system is just wonky.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown View Post
            Looks like they're selling limited tickets. Since I'm vaccinated, I tried to buy one and none are available. I wonder if it actually is sold out already or if the system is just wonky.
            https://texaslonghorns.evenue.net/cg...ller=&appCode=
            Was this the link you tried? It appears to be working for me.

Comment

Originally posted by donley2 View Post

https://texaslonghorns.evenue.net/cg...ller=&appCode=
              Was this the link you tried? It appears to be working for me.
              Yep. It wouldn't let me buy a single all-meet ticket but it looks like i can buy a single session ticket.

I think I'll pass since it's forcing me to be on the finish line side and I want to be at the PV pits. Maybe there'll be walk up tickets for the other side of the stadium.

Comment

B
                Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                I will be driving down Thursday to work my 47th Texas Relay. Lots of mandated covid protocol. Abbreviated schedule, three days instead of four days, no HS division. cancelled Thursday night fish fry. Usually, too many officials clamoring to work the Relays, scrambling for bodies this year.
                Best of luck for this week. And stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  It'll be interesting to see how these athletes (among lots of others) open outdoors this week:

Women
                  JT – Allgood, Ince, Malone
                  Men
                  JT – Peters (!), Shuey, Thompson
                  Coach Tom Pukstys' javelin group that's been training in Hoover, AL ... American Javelin Project ... looking forward to seeing how they do!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                    Jenn Suhr making her first Age 39 appearance!!
                    My Record Book doesn't currently have an OUTdoor Age 39 Record!
                    But I'm sure (or SUHR??) she'll provide a good one!
                    If she just makes the opening height, that will become the Record!
                    Quick! Write these in your book, so you can replace the best with Suhr.

The best 39 year olds at 3.80 or higher:

Performance Athlete DOB Country Location Date Age_Days Age(y-m-d)
                    4.00 Rosey EDEH 13-Aug-66 CAN Hong Kong (HKG) 2-Jul-06 14,568 39-10-19
                    4.00 Alison DAVIES 6-Apr-61 GBR Birmingham (GBR) 12-Aug-00 14,373 39-4-6
                    3.90 Brigitta HESCH 17-Mar-79 AUT Ried im Innkreis (AUT) 15-Jun-18 14,335 39-2-29
                    3.80 Joana RIBEIRO COSTA 15-May-81 BRA Bragança Paulista (BRA) 18-Nov-20 14,432 39-6-3

Note that WA only has HESCH listed with a 1979 as DOB. I found her actual date of birth from a Masters competition result sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by El Toro View Post
                      . . .
                      I found her actual date of birth from a Masters competition result sheet.
                      I used to give Tafny Awards for great posts, but I'm making up a new one, the SABBIE.
                      The Sabbie is awarded for Statistical Above and Beyond research.
                      DJ gets one for his 'youngest sub-4' list; now you get one for this.

Comment

Originally posted by El Toro View Post

Thanks!
                        Here's why I didn't have a mark for Age 39 women---
                        My "Record Book" is totally self-compiled, using eTN & T&FN, Athletics & FAST Annuals, HS Track, Tilstopaia & assorted other stat sources as my research!
                        Most lists don't extend beyond the top 50 or 100.
                        PV'ers mostly are retired by 39---or younger.
                        I do have an Age 40 mark--from Athletics Annual, which has a list of "Masters" records!

Anyway, now I know the Age 39 record is 13-1.50.
                        Jenn---assuming she doesn't NH!--will shatter that mark with her first clearance!!
                        LOL

Comment

It's about 8 p.m. CDT Wednesday. The women's heptathlon is scheduled to start tomorrow at 10 a.m. CDT Thursday. Does anybody know if the Prime Time Timing results links are actually going to be set up before then? Presently, they don't even lead to a list of events, with 14 hours to go. I keep getting this page...

https://pttiming.com/event.php?mid=37&pt=schedule

..., where "Results" on the left and "Results" on the right only lead to the announcement about the starting lists.

Comment

Try this link:
                            relays.texassports.com
                            (I could not link it correctly, but putting the above into my browser's address bar worked for me)
                            Last edited by miketandf; 03-25-2021, 03:48 AM.

Comment

I do have an Age 40 mark--from Athletics Annual, which has a list of "Masters" records!
                              I hadn't cross checked the Masters records, so I found that Doris Auer (AUT) holds the 40+ record with 4.10, which is higher than what I found for 39 year olds.

So I checked her IAAF profile and she indeed had also jumped 4.00m as a 39 year old multiple times. The IAAF season lists are in date order at each height, so given they are so close together, I must have skipped the page that had her entries while doing a manual search. Here's a table of her =WR(39) jumps.

Performance Athlete DOB Country Location Date Age_Days Age(y-m-d)
                              4.00 Doris Auer 10-May-71 AUT Regensburg Pole Vault Meeting, Regensburg 29-May-10 14,264 39-0-19
                              4.00 Doris Auer 10-May-71 AUT St. Pölten Austrian Top 4, St. Pölten 3-Jun-10 14,269 39-0-24
                              4.00 Doris Auer 10-May-71 AUT Regensburg Sparkassen-Gala, Regensburg 5-Jun-10 14,271 39-0-26
                              4.00 Doris Auer 10-May-71 AUT Wien Regional Ch., Wien 13-Jun-10 14,279 39-1-34
                              4.00 Doris Auer 10-May-71 AUT Novo Mesto International Meeting, Novo Mesto 13-Jul-10 14,309 39-2-64

Jenn---assuming she doesn't NH!--will shatter that mark with her first clearance!!

LOL
                              Let's hope so. As long as she goes 4.31+ she's in Peter Larsson's comprehensive list and I checked ages for all those vaults via formula. It's a shame you can't query the WA database as easily. Life would be much easier.

And just to confirm, all stats are outdoors only.

Comment

Working...
                              X