Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Every one of the officials at the 1991 WC did.
    Three by Lewis, one by Powell.
    You got me. I guess I wasn't precise enough in the wording of my statement but I think you know what I mean. 😉

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      Well, the ones who DON'T run fast, don't do well, that's for sure!
      So that means that every collegian who has made a team, and there's lots of them, is one of those 'exceptions'.
      The NCAA Track and Field Championships are June 9-12.
      The Olympics Trials are June 18-27.

But anyway, good luck to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Klingon View Post

The NCAA Track and Field Championships are June 9-12.
        The Olympics Trials are June 18-27.

But anyway, good luck to all.
        A lot of it will depend on the event that the athlete is competing in. Men's 200 runners run the NCAA final on June 11 and run the Trials heats 14 days later on June 25. Women's 400 runners run the NCAA final on June 12 and run the Trials heats 6 days later on June 18. Additionally, Laird may be asked to do 4x400 duty at NCAA's if the team title is on the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Klingon View Post
          The NCAA Track and Field Championships are June 9-12. The Olympics Trials are June 18-27.
          This year really is brutal for collegians trying to make the Olympic team, especially ones on championship-contending teams.
          Will ANY college coaches try to protect their athletes in this situation? Winning an NCAA title is a huge deal; making the Olympic team is even bigger.

Comment

• I think most who had potential chances to make the team will have the same chances even with the short turn around (see Athing Mu). But someone "newer" like Noah Williams in the 400m who could maybe surprise with a spot on the team or relay, may find it tougher to turn around. Even Abby Steiner who, like jazz mentioned about Laird at LSU, runs the 4x4 for Kentucky which could make it harder in an already competitive event.

Comment

• Concur, ATK. Abby is a workhorse, but the W200 is not an event you can come into at less than peak shape and hope to make the team.

Comment

• On another note, I see EJ Floreal won his heat in the Invitational Section of the meet, with 20.29. Pretty swift for a basketball walk-on (with incredibly genetic code!).

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinR View Post
                  Concur, ATK. Abby is a workhorse, but the W200 is not an event you can come into at less than peak shape and hope to make the team.
                  For the sake of Laird, Steiner and athletes like them, let's hope the titles are already decided before the 4x400 finals.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

That's the way I read it too. I doubt there is a person who's officiated four 29' performances.
                    Kinda difficult to do that Mexico City - Tsakhkadzor double-duty.

Comment

Working...
                    X