Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Happening This Year in Collegiate Track?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Happening This Year in Collegiate Track?

Texas Relays was a Holy Sh*t track meet! It had a cascade of amazing moments.

This breakout was understandable perhaps, in the sense that it represented some 20+ months of pent-up frustration for many collegiate athletes wanting to let loose in good weather with good competition at a big outdoor meet.

But, is this just the start of a great year? Or is it the result of two years manifesting itself in a single year's explosion?

We saw a terrific collegiate indoor season. Was it the more than a one-year build-up of emotions? Was it an extra year of training for collegians? Was it the new shoes? Was it the delayed anticipation of an Olympic Games?

I look at things through the monocle of history, which means it's much too early for me to know the answer. But what are the guesses out there?

You answered it - pent up frustration, to be followed by the shoe revolution. NCAA will excel, but then world track will go nuts too!

Comment

I also think a year “off” gave many of these kids the first real break from the wear and tear of back-to-back competition. And the focused athletes are really seeing a payoff

Comment

Working...
      X