Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'New' Hayward Field's First Meet

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    We have, of course, no idea where Mantz is in his training cycle. This might have been just been a tempo run for him. It's reeeeeal early in the outdoor season.
    I can't wait for him to Steeple!!
    OK, you're right of course. It was the shoes. Only for Herrera, though.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by gm View Post
      OK, you're right of course. It was the shoes. Only for Herrera, though.
      We may not agree on the effect of the shoes, but I like your enthusiasm for the results!

      Comment


      • #48
        Last night was the first college only meet at Hayward in the evening that I recall..

        Of course the NCAA decathlon in 1978 went late....but that was certainly not planned.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
          Last night was the first college only meet at Hayward in the evening that I recall..

          Of course the NCAA decathlon in 1978 went late....but that was certainly not planned.
          My mind recalled that '78 decathlon too when the stadium lights went on at Hayward last night.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post

            My mind recalled that '78 decathlon too when the stadium lights went on at Hayward last night.
            trivia question: the end of that decathlon (won by Mauricio Bardales) was of course done in the dark (Hayward had no lights in that era), so they actually had cars on the track, as I recall, with their headlights on, and they also filled the scoreboard with Q's for maximal lumens.

            The trivia question is, who was the scoreboard sponsor at that time? (Conor is DQed from answering on professionalism grounds)

            Comment


            • #51
              Believe that was Osaga Shoes. Didn't Matt Centrowitz run for them (not in their spikes!).

              Comment

              Working...
              X