Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the 1.95 is also the CL

Comment

• Gittens with a horrible SP - 129 points below her PR... darn shame...
      Hall with another PR (100H and SP) - darn shame about her HJ...

We are back to an even competition... but 6420Q looks out of reach now...

Comment

• Garland having a great meet - just cleared 2.16 / 7-1... going for what would be a PR 2.19 / 7-2 1/4

Hall and Gittens both with PRs in the 200, although Hall's was windy (+3.1).

At end of Day 1: Gittens 3920 vs Hall 3724, but very close given their Day 2 strengths and weaknesses.
        Last edited by miketandf; 05-13-2021, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• I don't follow the multis very much. Approximately what would it take to be in the top 6 in Decathlon and Heptathlon in Tokyo? Thanks.

Comment

• In the ACC heptathlon Marsh and Atherley are in a very close battle and both around 6,000 points pace.
            Amazingly, as Atherley was competing in the Heptathlon she also competed in the LJ and took four jumps.
            During the decade or so that I follow collegiate multi-event closely I witness very talented multi-eventer that are over used and as a result finish their career (Cato and Akela Jones to name two).
            I have no idea who is Atherley coach - buy when you look at the mirror you should be extremely shame of yourself.
            I understand the temptation to use these wonderful athletes to score points for your team, but your first obligation is to the athlete's health (and the comment stand even if Atherley spent three days crying and ask to participate in the LJ).
            There are absolutely zero excuses to use athletes in such away.
            SHAME, SHAME, SHAME (GoT reference)

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
              I don't follow the multis very much. Approximately what would it take to be in the top 6 in Decathlon and Heptathlon in Tokyo? Thanks.
              I'd say 8500/6600. A good bunch of athletes do have better PBs, more or less, but it's hard to imagine that everything can go well for each and every one of them at the same time.

Comment

• I would never have thought to look at Atherly competing elsewhere today, Saturday maybe, but not today.

Garland finished with a respectable 400 and has a very good Day 1 score of 4377, and appears on 8250 pace. Ballengee was a DNS in the 400.

I won't be able to post or follow the action til Saturday, so hope you all enjoy a alot of good multi action tomorrow...

Comment

• Cato ruptured his Achilles and had a bad ankle injury along the way. He also had trouble with the DT and JT and would have had to put in an awful lot of work on those to be as elite a decathlete as he was a heptathlete.

I don't see a whole lot wrong with Atherley doing what she is doing at the conference meet. She is already qualified for the NCAA meet and the Trials, so the multi at the ACC meet is just for team points.

It all depends on the individual athlete. Some can handle it, some can't. Miami has brought her along pretty steadily.

Comment

• Gittens is 192 points up on Guthrie-Gresham's first-day score in her CR (but I have no idea about their relative second-day strength)

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                      Gittens is 192 points up on Guthrie-Gresham's first-day score in her CR (but I have no idea about their relative second-day strength)
                      6.92/49.04/2:20.82... those were DG-G's second day marks in her CR. Gittens can't match those, can only get close (within 20cm) maybe in the LJ.

Comment

• Garland's hurdles 14.37 didn't help him; he ran 13.94 in April.

Comment

• At ACC, Jadin O'Brien scores 5846 for 3rd – 3, 5 AJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post

6.92/49.04/2:20.82... those were DG-G's second day marks in her CR. Gittens can't match those, can only get close (within 20cm) maybe in the LJ.
                            Boy do I ever feel stupid after Gittens goes 6.96!

Comment

• Gittens 22-10 with 2.0 wind!!!!!!
                              1159 points!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                Garland's hurdles 14.37 didn't help him; he ran 13.94 in April.
                                DT - 44.37 vs. 47.31 in April.
                                Stands at 6058 after 7.

If he
                                PVs 15-6 (15-11 PR)
                                JTs near his 170' PR (I bet he exceeds that)
                                and runs a 4:50 (4:46 PR FOUR years ago)

he gets ~8100, which is a PR, since he doesn't even have a Sr. PR yet.

He certainly has a lot of upside, but a 8350 this year seems too big an ask.

Comment

Working...
                                X