Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by miketandf View Post
    Ashtin Zamzow at Azusa, at 5437 after 6 events. A good chance she could exceed her PR of 6222, with a sub 2:23 (PR=2:17, SB=2:24). A new PR in the 800 would give her 6300.
    AND
    Hunter Price with a wonderful second day that includes PBs in the DT, PV and JT is on pace for 8000+ performance.
    Price has a PB of 7801 and scored less than 7500 in his last decathlon.
    He is facing a toll order even to be mentioned as an outside chance for a spot in US team, but maybe Eugene (2022) is not outside the realm of possibilities.
    Given my "old-timer" bias, I will be routing for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by olorin View Post

AND
      Hunter Price with a wonderful second day that includes PBs in the DT, PV and JT is on pace for 8000+ performance.
      Price has a PB of 7801 and scored less than 7500 in his last decathlon.
      He is facing a toll order even to be mentioned as an outside chance for a spot in US team, but maybe Eugene (2022) is not outside the realm of possibilities.
      Given my "old-timer" bias, I will be routing for him.
      AND
      Harrison Williams (and other California based multi-enters) competes in individual events.
      He just broke his 400 PB by more than a second (47.65 vs. 48.86).
      He also ran a good 110h earlier.
      His sum of PBs is now 8770 suggesting 8500 is a possibility.

And:
      Annie Kunz ran faster than 100h albeit with 2.2 wind.
      Kunz vs. Brooks vs. Zamzow all in good shape - can't wait.
      EDIT: Kunz with a PB in the 200 24.06
      Hunter Price: 8035 PB
      Last edited by olorin; 05-16-2021, 03:59 AM.

Comment

• A. Zamzow finishes with a PR of 6291, best score by an American this year... 1 PR and all other events near her individual event PRs.

Comment

AND
          Harrison Williams (and other California based multi-enters) competes in individual events.
          He just broke his 400 PB by more than a second (47.65 vs. 48.86).
          He also ran a good 110h earlier.
          His sum of PBs is now 8770 suggesting 8500 is a possibility.
          A little bird notify me that this is not Williams's PB.
          Turnout that I had a typo on my files and his PB is 46.66.
          Apologies for the misinformation.

Comment

• You'll like this olorin...NCAAs... based on NCAA qualifying/declared list, looks like no Garland (8196) and no Wolter (7950), numbers 3/4 on the NCAA list. Not sure about Wolter, but I gotta believe (wish) they are gonna let Garland be rested for the Olympic Trials. Same for Anna Hall (6200, # 2 on NCAA list) of Georgia, she's not on the declared list either, for the heptathlon. If that's the case, that is very cool of Georgia, choosing athlete over points.

Add: and... with his first senior deca recently, Garland moves to all the way to #35 on the World Ranking list, next in line after SS/ZZ on the Road-to-Tokyo list. Should be one heckuva decathlon at the OTs.
            Last edited by miketandf; 05-20-2021, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• Good to see little Houston Baptist with two guys in the dec and one woman in the hept. A school with no track to call its own, and some slapped-together jumps facilities.

Comment

You'll like this olorin...NCAAs... based on NCAA qualifying/declared list, looks like no Garland (8196) and no Wolter (7950), numbers 3/4 on the NCAA list. Not sure about Wolter, but I gotta believe (wish) they are gonna let Garland be rested for the Olympic Trials. Same for Anna Hall (6200, # 2 on NCAA list) of Georgia, she's not on the declared list either, for the heptathlon. If that's the case, that is very cool of Georgia, choosing athlete over points.

where are you seeing declaration lists for the multis? I must be blind

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                  where are you seeing declaration lists for the multis? I must be blind
                  You may have to clear your cache, but It's here: http://www.rtspt.com/ncaa/d1outdoor21/

Comment

• Maybe wishful thinking on my part... but the 'Final Championship Decathlon Qualifier List' combined with "Links will become active as the Championship progresses" has/had me thinking these are it. I recall something similar in 2019, since there are no regionals for the multis.

Add: just checked... the qualifying lists are the same as TFRRS performance lists, after taking out Garland, Wolter and Hall - they appear to be the only 3 not in the 'Final Championship Lists'.
                    Last edited by miketandf; 05-20-2021, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• Yep - looks like today was final date to determine which multi folks are final championship entries... from NCAA Pre-Championships 2020-2021 Manual, page 9...
                      https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...hipsManual.pdf
                      May 20, 2021 - "The list of student-athletes, by event, who have been accepted to compete in each preliminary championships competition, plus those who have been accepted to compete in the heptathlon or decathlon at the final championships competition, will be posted on the NCAA’s website under Division I, Championships, Spring Sports, Outdoor Track & Field (M/W), by 1 p.m. Eastern time."

Comment

You'll like this olorin...NCAAs... based on NCAA qualifying/declared list, looks like no Garland (8196) and no Wolter (7950), numbers 3/4 on the NCAA list. Not sure about Wolter, but I gotta believe (wish) they are gonna let Garland be rested for the Olympic Trials. Same for Anna Hall (6200, # 2 on NCAA list) of Georgia, she's not on the declared list either, for the heptathlon. If that's the case, that is very cool of Georgia, choosing athlete over points.

Add: and... with his first senior deca recently, Garland moves to all the way to #35 on the World Ranking list, next in line after SS/ZZ on the Road-to-Tokyo list. Should be one heckuva decathlon at the OTs.
                        Not sure that "I like it"
                        Both Garland and Hall are suppose to compete in the regional, each in two events, so I hope that this is not an injury related scratch.
                        on the other hand, Georgia had in the last decade several multi-eventers that competed in the NCAA and the trials (e.g. the Williams siblings, Scantling) and they didn't get "a pass" on their NCAA duties.
                        Furthermore, to qualify it is very likely that both Garlands and Hall will need the auto-Q as they don't have a high scoring competition yet. I think that both are exceptional talents but 8,350 & 6420 maybe pushing it.
                        If this is indeed a conscious decision of Kyprianou to maximize the probability of his young athletes to make to Tokyo than obviously it should be applauded and cast further doubt about the way other programs treatment of their multievent athletes as "scoring machine".

AND of course the huge downside - without Erm, Garland and Wolter the NCAA final that had a potential to be the best ever, just became a normal one. Luckily, only two of the top 12 are seniors, plus the fact that five freshmen qualified to the NCAA final suggests that 2022 may has even better potential.

Comment

on the other hand, Georgia had in the last decade several multi-eventers that competed in the NCAA and the trials (e.g. the Williams siblings, Scantling) and they didn't get "a pass" on their NCAA duties....l.
                          the Trials have never been the week directly after the NCAA before

Comment

Originally posted by olorin View Post
                            If this is indeed a conscious decision of Kyprianou to maximize the probability of his young athletes to make to Tokyo than obviously it should be applauded and cast further doubt about the way other programs treatment of their multievent athletes as "scoring machine".
                            'I liked it' for the combination of these two... No way could you ask a potential Tokyo-bound athlete to do an all-out multi a week before the Trials. I believe (and hopefully their coach also) that this is their best chance to make it to Tokyo, which Garland alluded to in his SEC interview. I wish them both the best.

Comment

Thanks GH, so in all likelihood a conscious decision by Kyprianou.

Speaking of American trials someone just notify me of this new member of the 8,000 club.
                              https://www.tfrrs.org/athletes/6125231/Jack_Flood.html

I have to say I never heard about him before and seems like a huge miss of the big powerhouses as he was competing in NCAA-III.
                              He is currently training at AthleticLab (Mike Young) and seems like their best athlete (couldn't find a list of their current athletes)
                              Good thrower and HJ and with an improvement in the PV and running events can be competitive for the next Olympic cycle.
                              Can anyone (Mike?) provide further details?

Comment

• Jack Flood was off my radar as well olorin. I only knew of him after reading this week's Deca Newsletter (https://decathlonusa.typepad.com/fil...-may4-2021.pdf), but a 300+ point improvement over his previous PR suggests the 25-year old is still at it, working hard to improve, and I'm sure we'll see him in Eugene. Depth-wise, the decathlon at the Trials will be really good.

Comment

Working...
                                X