Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 multi-event

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by nico21 View Post

    Here is a livestream: https://www.laligasportstv.com/media...6-08d9105f3d74
    But you shouldn't expect much, expect for some spanish/english comments.
    Thanks...

    Comment


    • Results for Arona GL are here, but they are not very 'live' and for some reason, WA is not showing points yet, so you will have to get out your calculator or Gold Book...
      https://www.worldathletics.org/compe...imetable/byday

      Comment


      • Originally posted by miketandf View Post
        Results for Arona GL are here, but they are not very 'live' and for some reason, WA is not showing points yet, so you will have to get out your calculator or Gold Book...
        https://www.worldathletics.org/compe...imetable/byday
        https://rfealive.com/schedule/20210610_1726

        Try this

        Comment


        • Thanks... I'm gonna see how far my Spanish can take me...

          Looks like Wiesiolek (deca) and Mills (hept) are off to pretty good starts, both in the hunt for a Q/q

          Comment


          • Originally posted by miketandf View Post
            Thanks... I'm gonna see how far my Spanish can take me...

            Looks like Wiesiolek (deca) and Mills (hept) are off to pretty good starts, both in the hunt for a Q/q
            If you open it in Chrome, you can have it translate automatically.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by gm View Post

              If you open it in Chrome, you can have it translate automatically.
              Got it... I was just testing my Spanish, which I can speak some, but quickly learned I can't read very well. I realize I am spoiled by American live results links..

              Comment


              • Wiesiolek leads Day 1 at 4239, about the same pace as his 8204 PR score... a similar Day 2, or 8200 score with 110 place points would probably solidify his Tokyo ticket via rankings. Powell, any input?

                Mills leads hept with 3823... I know Mills has a poor JT, but a good Day 2 for her could really move her up in the rankings, right?...

                Euro comments would be appreciated here - I am out of my comfort zone.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by miketandf View Post
                  Wiesiolek leads Day 1 at 4239, about the same pace as his 8204 PR score... a similar Day 2, or 8200 score with 110 place points would probably solidify his Tokyo ticket via rankings. Powell, any input?

                  Mills leads hept with 3823... I know Mills has a poor JT, but a good Day 2 for her could really move her up in the rankings, right?...

                  Euro comments would be appreciated here - I am out of my comfort zone.
                  There's not much to add either .
                  Not sure about Wiesiolek, but Mills should score 1200 performance points in Arona to be safe until the end of the qualification period, which would get her ~1187pts average.
                  In this competition, that means either:
                  • 1st with 6100+
                  • 2nd with 6180+
                  • 3rd with 6250+
                  • 4th with 6300+
                  The second possibility is the most likely.
                  I see Vicente finishing 1st with 6300pts, and Mills 2nd with ~6200.

                  Comment


                  • As an addendum, here is my list of athletes outside top24, which I believe can challenge the last Hep tickets.

                    Places 40-50:
                    • none
                    Places 30-40:
                    • Mills (likely)
                    • Grimm (Good chance)
                    • Weissenberg (unlikely)
                    • Sillman (very unlikely)
                    Places 25-30:
                    • Adrianna Rodriguez (unlikely)
                    The 3rd american
                    • x (very likely)
                    X Factor
                    • Yorgelis Rodriguez (via auto-q if she competes again: unlikely)
                    • Shukh (same: very unlikely)
                    • Emerson (why such a mystery around her current situation?)

                    I don't believe in the chances of:
                    • Sloboda
                    • Maiwald
                    • Lagger
                    • Kalin
                    • Ellenwood
                    Last edited by nico21; 06-12-2021, 11:43 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Vicente had a good day with a big PB in the 200. Looking at the women’s standings there are similarities to Lana where several of them participated. Vicente slightly up on her score from Lana, O’Connor is down, Mills is fairly similar. Lagger not having a great day looks to be on for a score around 6000. Zheng and Vidts could also feature

                      Nina Zheng has changed her name from Nina Schultz since changing nationality to China. She’s one to watch as she hasn’t competed much over the last 3 years due to the switch of allegiance and doesn’t have a ranking yet. Her other hep this year was 6153.

                      Helcelet had a decent day and is 100 points up on Lana, but may have to improve further to get back in contention for Tokyo. Urena withdrew after an injury according to Gabby P on Twitter. He’s only in 22nd in the rankings so will be sweating on getting an invite unless he can find another comp

                      Comment


                      • thanks... and great summary nico21.

                        BTW... anyone know what's up with Duckworth? He was respectable at Chula Vista in April, but struggled with the throws if I remember correctly, DNF'ed and no decas since... I was sorta expecting him here, but he's on the bubble for sure...

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by nico21 View Post
                          [/LIST]X Factor
                          • Yorgelis Rodriguez (via auto-q if she competes again: unlikely)
                          • Shukh (same: very unlikely)
                          • Emerson (why such a mystery around her current situation?)
                          Y Rodriguez could still feature, she only has one score in the qualifying window - 6293 from Gotzis, and doesn’t currently have a ranking. Ratingen is still to come, lineups will be of interest. Emerson has had a bad run of injuries

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by treadwater1 View Post
                            Vicente had a good day with a big PB in the 200. Looking at the women’s standings there are similarities to Lana where several of them participated. Vicente slightly up on her score from Lana, O’Connor is down, Mills is fairly similar. Lagger not having a great day looks to be on for a score around 6000. Zheng and Vidts could also feature

                            Nina Zheng has changed her name from Nina Schultz since changing nationality to China. She’s one to watch as she hasn’t competed much over the last 3 years due to the switch of allegiance and doesn’t have a ranking yet. Her other hep this year was 6153.

                            Helcelet had a decent day and is 100 points up on Lana, but may have to improve further to get back in contention for Tokyo. Urena withdrew after an injury according to Gabby P on Twitter. He’s only in 22nd in the rankings so will be sweating on getting an invite unless he can find another comp
                            Zheng could be a surprise guest in the Top24, indeed.
                            I suppose she already has a ~1155pts from Lana.
                            She's on target for a 1210 in Arona.

                            Comment


                            • I don't see Zheng posting a threat to Top-24 yet... her 6153 was from a meet in China, so likely not enough place points there to help her with her overall ranking score.

                              Mills looks to be on 6200+ pace here in Arona, maybe 6250, and that should easily put her into the Top-24, whether finishing 2nd or 3rd here.

                              And, if Helcelet can finish strong, he should also move into the Top-24. One smart dude if he can finish well... he may just get to Tokyo with a pair of 8000-8050 decas, done at the right time, and right place. They are giving away the equivalent of hundreds of points at these meets, in addition to some nice dollar incentive. Why the heck not.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by miketandf View Post
                                I don't see Zheng posting a threat to Top-24 yet... her 6153 was from a meet in China, so likely not enough place points there to help her with her overall ranking score.

                                Mills looks to be on 6200+ pace here in Arona, maybe 6250, and that should easily put her into the Top-24, whether finishing 2nd or 3rd here.

                                And, if Helcelet can finish strong, he should also move into the Top-24. One smart dude if he can finish well... he may just get to Tokyo with a pair of 8000-8050 decas, done at the right time, and right place. They are giving away the equivalent of hundreds of points at these meets, in addition to some nice dollar incentive. Why the heck not.
                                I think she is now .
                                Her score willl be at least (1115+1255)/2= 1185.
                                The 1115 corresponds to 1105+10pts, as 10 pts is the minimal ranking bonus for her first place in China.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X