Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nico21 View Post

I think she is now .
    Her score willl be at least (1115+1255)/2= 1185.
    The 1115 corresponds to 1105+10pts, as 10 pts is the minimal ranking bonus for her first place in China.
    Indeed - she needed a big PR in the 800 to do so, and PRed by 3 seconds to move into the top 24. Mills couldn't replicate Lana 2:10, so no third place and that's gotta hurt.

On the men's side, Helcelet has a really good chance for an 8000+ score, a second place, and a top 24 ranking.

Comment

• Originally posted by miketandf View Post

On the men's side, Helcelet has a really good chance for an 8000+ score, a second place, and a top 24 ranking.
      Jiri Sykora 8122
      Hecelet 8058
      Ruben Gado 8038

Comment

• Helcelet worked the ranking system to absolute perfection given his relative two 'mediocre' scores... an 8025 2nd place finish at Lana's GL (1220) plus today's 8058 2nd place finish at Arona's GL (1135+90 = 1225) gives him an average score of 1222, and that moves him from 31st on the Road to Toyko list all the way to #22 if my calcs are correct, which is starting to look good enough for a Tokyo trip.

From an American view (e.g. mine), with only only Ratingen and Oly Trials left, Simmons is looking pretty darn secure with his 18th slot, and ZZ/DW etc. are pushed down at least another slot on the list, that is, if they don't achieve the big Q at the Trials...

We'll know more next weekend as to what the Amercans need to do at Eugene.
        miketandf
        Last edited by miketandf; 06-13-2021, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• ...and looks like Sykora also moves into the top 24... with his 8122, so (1145+110) here with his previous best of 1187 = an average of 1221, which is a 'tie' with Urena and Duckworth for the last spot.

Anyone know how they break ties in the rankings? If it's based on highest point total within the average, Duckworth may be on the outside looking in.

ADD: Worth mentioning again what trailrun posted earlier... that is, Shkurenyov is not on the ANA eligible yet, so top 25 (-1 for Shkurenyov) on Tokyo list may be safe for now.
          miketandf
          Last edited by miketandf; 06-13-2021, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZazaShoya View Post
            Quick update on the qualification lists for Tokyo after Götzis.
            Hey Zaza... you seem to have a real good handle on the Euro side of things, especially the men... After Arona, and going into Ratingen, do you think there will be any more guys entering the Top-24... looks like bubble score after today is the Urena/Sykora/Duckworth 1221 score. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Annie Kunz LJed 6.48w (3.0) and also had 6.37w and 6.33w jumps at Chula Vista. SP was 15.67, nh in HJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
                Annie Kunz LJed 6.48w (3.0) and also had 6.37w and 6.33w jumps at Chula Vista. SP was 15.67, nh in HJ.
                Assuming Bougard and Williams take care of biznis, her duel with Zamzow will be epic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  Assuming Bougard and Williams take care of biznis, her duel with Zamzow will be epic.
                  A polite reminder to my fellow multi-fan... please add Brooks to complete that sentence. I think she's a bigger threat than Zamzow.

Good to see Kunz LJ'ing today... I still remember watching her at Gotzis, and her reaction after her third foul... she was sitting on the ground and you could see her hand shaking, as in a disbelief-type nervous reaction. She was having a great meet. There will be no messing around this time...

Comment

• Originally posted by miketandf View Post
                    Helcelet worked the ranking system to absolute perfection given his relative two 'mediocre' scores... an 8025 2nd place finish at Lana's GL (1220) plus today's 8058 2nd place finish at Arona's GL (1135+90 = 1225) gives him an average score of 1222, and that moves him from 31st on the Road to Toyko list all the way to #22 if my calcs are correct, which is starting to look good enough for a Tokyo trip.

From an American view (e.g. mine), with only only Ratingen and Oly Trials left
                    Not exactly. Two big National CE Championships will be held before July : Estonia and France. For Estonia (26-27th) it won't matter much as 3 of them already achieved the Q standard, but we never know, the status of Erm is unclear, as is Oiglane's (who's kind of guaranteed a qualification if one of the others should give up). For France (19-20th) though ... Rolnin is just outside the Q window and has a pretty decent chance to get in. He's struggled to be healthy and put things together but if he can do it this week Tokyo will be within reach as he's got one mark of 1248 from Ratingen 19'. So a win (60) + 8062 (1136) would get him 1196 points and an average of 1222. Should he finish second (Gletty is a good prospect and could probably score 8100+), Rolnin would need 8126 to secure a spot.

Comment

• Since we don't have Ratingen start-lists yet (to my knowledge), hard to expect anything from it at the moment except for the Germans. They will be battling for a spot as the meet is a sort of Trials with only two qualified as of today : Kaul and Kazmirek. Nowak is in the mix, for 1222 : 1st/+7855, 2nd/+7984, 3rd/+8081, 4th/8146, 5th/+8210, 6th/+8242, 7th/+8275, 8th/+8307, which seems doable. Brugger (1190), Bechmann (1185) and Eitel (1176) will need either a big Q or a top 2 with a very good score (>8250).

Comment

• Thanks very much Zaza for the input/perspective... so 1222 is likely the marker with Ratingen, French Champs and US OlyTrials all on June 19-20!...
                        When are/were the British CE Champs or might we see Duckworth at Ratingen?... rolling the dice with his 1221 seems risky. Thanks again.

Add: highest performance score is the first tiebreaker (WA 1.2.7.e), so Duckworth would be first out.
                        miketandf
                        Last edited by miketandf; 06-14-2021, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Ratingen entry lists are out. Potentially some very good contests amongst the Germans vying for selection. Kaul, Kazmirek and Schafer all participating. Ushiro, Wiesolek, Pittomviels, Samuelson and Tsernjavski go again.

Vanesss Grimm performed well in Gotzis with a new PB of 6319, something above 6200 would secure her an invite berth. Weisenberg, Maiwald, Arndt and Grauvogel are all capable of scores that would put them in contention for and invite. Looking at the non Germans, Ellenwood is the only one who could potentially move up, most of the others are already in fairly secure spots

https://www.leichtathletik.de/termin...gen/teilnehmer

Comment

• Thanks treadwater1... should be interesting... cool to see some of these guys go for it one week after dropping out of Arona

and looks like maybe a last shot from Mills and Duckworth (if needed) with the British Champs being June 25-27
                            https://www.britishathletics.org.uk/...metable-v3.pdf
                            I see Duckworth entry 'accepted', but I don't see Mills listed (yet?), under start lists...
                            https://www.britishathletics.org.uk/...ionships-2021/
                            miketandf
                            Last edited by miketandf; 06-15-2021, 01:24 AM.

Comment

• Thanks ! Didn't check for GB as they stage the CE during the National Champs ...
                              Rolnin is now ubiquitous. Still declared everywhere, which one will he go to ? He's pretty much guaranteed a top 2 at his national champs so I'd say the best choice would be there.
                              Wiesiolek in Gotzis, Arona and now Ratingen, would be incredible to finally see him suceed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZazaShoya View Post
                                Thanks ! Didn't check for GB as they stage the CE during the National Champs ...
                                Rolnin is now ubiquitous. Still declared everywhere, which one will he go to ? He's pretty much guaranteed a top 2 at his national champs so I'd say the best choice would be there.
                                Wiesiolek in Gotzis, Arona and now Ratingen, would be incredible to finally see him suceed.
                                Thanks for your help Zaza... Your Rolnin comment is hilarious. Duckworth needs to put one together, he is as American as I am, just wearing a different red, white and blue. Will be a fun two weeks for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X