Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by donley2 View Post
    All National championships being a "B" is just one of the ludicrous things about the world rankings.
    Admittedly, it is. I'm not sure about the alternative, though, maybe giving each discipline in every National Championships their own ranking according to recent successes. Many events at the US Trials could have been a GL-standard in this case. I don't think Heptathlon is one of them, though.

Comment

• Sebastian... where were USA athletes mentioned in the question? Also, I do not need a friggin geography lesson from you - I am well-aware where Reunion and Arona are.

So, two simple questions were asked, a) In what countries are all open GL meets, and you pop off with the same silly comments, and b) How is this 'highly fair', and of course you have no answer, blah, blah, blah.

Sorry, the rest of the world does not run to WA asking for handouts like you mention, for a meet in the middle of December, at the height of Covid travel restrictions, when you know darn well very few could have attended, even if they wanted to. Some just go out and do things the old-fashioned way, they earn it.

You are trying to defend a Euro-centric combined event ranking system that is simply absurd - the system is rigged, period. No one here is attacking any country, any athlete... but you trying to defend this crap is just ridiculous. I give up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
        The US federation could have tried to organize one.
        Idea!
        The Georgia multis in April has turned into a great one. USATF could partner with UGA to sell it as a Gotzis type event and become a GL meet.

Comment

• Originally posted by miketandf View Post
          and b) How is this 'highly fair', and of course you have no answer
          Nor do I have to have one, because I never claimed that it is. I said, that it would be unfair if the Trials (and you can extend this to any other NC) were made a GL-event. And I gave my reason: Because they are limited to starters from one country. I stand by this and do not have to explain away every possible problem that exist in the problematic World Ranking system because of this.
          Last edited by Sebastian; 06-25-2021, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            Idea!
            The Georgia multis in April has turned into a great one. USATF could partner with UGA to sell it as a Gotzis type event and become a GL meet.
            If French Federation can ram a completely new meeting out of the ground just for Mayer to get his standard, and this meeting can be a GL-meeting at once, than it should be possible. If not, than I'm going to concede that it is unfair.
            Last edited by Sebastian; 06-25-2021, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sebastian View Post

If French Federation can stamp a completely new meeting out of the ground just for Mayer to get his standard, and this meeting can be a GL-meeting at once, t...r.
              I'm gonna speculate that faced with Mayer lacking a Q mark that Monaco would bend over backwards to rubberstamp any meet he wanted.

Comment

All National championships being a "B" is just one of the ludicrous things about the world rankings.
                No, it would be ludicrous if some top athletes did not have the same maximum points available to them just because they come from the wrong countries.
                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

• A made-up meet could have been organized in the US and granted a GL status, which would be logical. This hypothetical meet could even settle as a regular one. Or try and sell/developp existing events (like the Brian Clay Invitational). The fact is well-known, recognized CE meets are in Europe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powell View Post

No, it would be ludicrous if some top athletes did not have the same maximum points available to them just because they come from the wrong countries.
                    Says the guy from Europe were a huge percent of the high value meets occur.

Comment

Says the guy from Europe were a huge percent of the high value meets occur.
                      It's not WA stopping the US from organizing a major multis meet with international participation. If they can't find the resources, it's not the rest of the world's fault. I might feel sorry for Africa not being able to do it, but not for the world's no. 1 superpower - both economically and in T&F terms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powell View Post

It's not WA stopping the US from organizing a major multis meet with international participation. If they can't find the resources, it's not the rest of the world's fault. I might feel sorry for Africa not being able to do it, but not for the world's no. 1 superpower - both economically and in T&F terms.
                        For the record my comment was not meant to be multi event specific. Also how many countries don't even have national championships?

Comment

For the record my comment was not meant to be multi event specific.
                          The US does have a DL meet. It used to have two of them - again, it's not because of WA that the other one went bust.

Originally posted by donley2 View Post

Also how many countries don't even have national championships?
                          Pretty much every one that has any athlete capable of doing well at the Olympic/ WC level.
                          Last edited by Powell; 06-25-2021, 10:18 PM.

Comment

For the record my comment was not meant to be multi event specific. Also how many countries don't even have national championships?
                            Lots of meets were organized in the US this year and granted good status (not GL but at least A or B). In some events with scarce adversity athletes could boost their ranking, look at mJT.
                            That is somehow a due but reveals a lot about the professional tour in America : we have had to wait 2021 to see a hint of a pro circuit.
                            I find it funny that some complain about Europe being the center of the global pro circuit now, as if WA was responsible for the fact that Lausanne, Oslo or Brussels (just to name DL meets) are what Clermont, FL or NY aren't (anymore), or not trying to be(come).

Comment

• Russian Champs winners

Dec - Ilya Shkurenyov 8300
                              Hep - Viktoriya Vaseykina 6207

Comment

• Meanwhile Paweł Wiesiołek and Adrianna Sułek are on course for Olympic qualifiers at the Polish NC in Warsaw after day 1 - Wiesiołek capable of getting the automatic Q with a good second day (but should still qualify through the rankings if he gets relatively close), Sułek doesn't have a realistic chance of a Q, but should qualify with a score close to her PB, which she has a good chance of doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X