Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    The good news is that at least one of them should be up to their OT score, and I'm guessing Bougard.
    Kunz was simply TOO good in Eugene, so I think KW will be in the medal fight too.
    I'll be bummed if none are in contention. Can't believe all 3 will be.
    Bougard did the shot at a last second ATL meet in LA last weekend and it wasn’t great, so we’ll see. She’ll have to do well in field AND running events to be in the podium.

Comment

• For easy comparison, this is what she achieved at the Trials versus her PBs:

Event Result Score Difference from PB
      100H 12.95w (+2.4)
      +26
      HJ 1.81 (5-11¼)
      SP 15.73 (51-7¼)
      200 23.71
      LJ 6.50 (21-4) (+1.2)
      JT 45.06 (147-10)
      800 2:15.24
      Total
      +4

Comment

• Originally posted by dupontred View Post

She’ll have to do well in field AND running events to be in the podium.
        "Thanks, Captain Obvious."

Comment

• Originally posted by Davidokun View Post

"Thanks, Captain Obvious."
          As opposed to KJT and Thiam who can put up super numbers in field events.

Comment

• I just now noticed that Talence got cancelled again this year. I assume there are no more multi events planned for the year except perhaps for see some results from down under in December?

Comment

• Originally posted by tgs3 View Post
              I just now noticed that Talence got cancelled again this year. I assume there are no more multi events planned for the year except perhaps for see some results from down under in December?
              I saw that the Multis Challenge this year was won by K Wms and Kazmirek, so they get byes to Eugene.

Comment

• Originally posted by olorin View Post

I really (really) hope that 6,600 points will not be enough to medal. With so many women capable of scoring 6,700+ it will be a very sad competition if 6,600 will be enough for Bronze.
                It ended up slightly below 6600. Oosterwegel won bronze with 6590.

The javelin again proved pivotal. All three medalists were beyond 51 meters. For reference, Thiam defeated her 4th place teammate Noor Vidts by 220 points. It was all in the javelin. Thiam scored 951 to Vidts at 702.

It was interesting to me that both Dutch heptathlon medalists did well in the javelin. It is an event Netherlands has been prioritizing in recent years, based on a study of which events should play to their physical strengths. Here is a related article:

https://netherlandsnewslive.com/proj...-tokyo/209625/

"A few tables away, Bram Peters (29) watches the scene with satisfaction. It concerns his athletes, and those of his fellow trainer Laurent Meuwly from Switzerland. Together they started ‘Project 400’ two and a half years ago, an ambitious plan to take the 400 meters in the Netherlands to a higher level. It is one of three GAP projects – shorter before close the gap – in which the technical leadership of the Athletics Union in October 2018 designated javelin throw, pole vault and the 400 meters (hurdles) as parts that Dutch athletes, who are above average tall and strong, should be physically well. In Belgium they have had world champions in the 400 meters for years. The men’s relay team, nicknamed Belgian Tornados, took bronze at the 2019 World Championships in Doha. The idea at Papendal was: we should be able to do that too."

Comment

Working...
                X