Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trackinsun results blog is no more!

https://trackinsun.blogspot.com/2021...-finished.html

Sad news! Where do we go for our worldwide results now?

Trackandfieldnews.com, is, of course, the best resource our sport has, but another site, trackinsun (trackinsun.blogspot.com) is an invaluable source of the latest results already compiled, sort of a tracknewsletter updated constantly. After 10 years, it stopped today.
    It is my sheer laziness that mourns its loss. All the results are still out there, and this site here has links to the biggest meets, but part of my morning routine was to check the previous day's results.
    It was a HUGE undertaking, and I can understand why Spaniard Carles Baronet stopped, but I'll miss it.
    Thanks Carles for all the work!

Comment

I never saw trackinsun's blog, so I have to accept your critique--and it sounds like his was incredible!!
      That said, as many of you know, I do a results-oriented blog also--still ongoing for over 7 years!

I've done 627 posts beginning Dec 9, 2013!
      My stuff comes from my 50 year old T&F Record Book, self-compiled, and continually updated!
      My resources for my Record Book are the eTN, Tilastopaia, some print record books (HS Track, Athletics & FAST annuals), and assorted other sources!

I go 24 deep for All-Time lists of performers--for the World, US, Collegiate & HS--IN & OUT, Men & Women!
      My "Book" is actually over 700 sheets of lined notebook paper, sorted into 28 manila folders!

Besides the Records listed above, I also report on Meet, National, Class, Place & Age (17 to 40) Records!
      I also "editorialize" now and again!

My blog is written in conversational style, is somewhat opinionated, and tries to throw in some humor!
      To find it, go to my Twitter site or Facebook page (the latter under name of David Betterman).
      The blog is named Aaron K's Track and Field Record Book!

I don't intend to replace trackinsun's blog.
      No doubt his was better, and had tons more followers!
      But it's out there, and has a 7 year & 4 month history!
      At least one "fan" considers it essential to his knowledge of the sport!

LOL
      Last edited by aaronk; 04-06-2021, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Yea this site was super helpful for some very very under the radar meet results that don't get posted on the T&FN home page. Watch Athletics does decent with some other results and videos but also just following athletes directly on instagram and twitter is great for all kinds of info.
        Last edited by ATK; 04-06-2021, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
          but also just following athletes directly on instagram and twitter is great for all kinds of info.
          Yikes, that would be hundreds!
          watchathletics only has the top meets.
          I'm guessing the only other similar sites are the services behind paywalls.

I'm willing to look at the USTFCCCA InfoZone links for college, and Milesplit USA has the big HS stuff, and there are Euro sites that give links, but the rest of the world is a vast wasteland.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            watchathletics only has the top meets.
            I'm guessing the only other similar sites are the services behind paywalls.

I'm willing to look at the USTFCCCA InfoZone links for college, and Milesplit USA has the big HS stuff, and there are Euro sites that give links, but the rest of the world is a vast wasteland.
            This is also often useful: http://www.africathle.com/

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
              This is also often useful: http://www.africathle.com/
              Merci!
              I figured you'd know where the good links were stashed.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                If you follow a good few it's easy enough to then do googles and get info on meets they ran at. I follow some athletes and media outlets across Africa who give updates about various when they have races coming up.

Comment

What a shame. It was a great site to double-check things on - a real time-saver.

Hope Mr Baronet's health improves.

Comment

Terrible news!
                    It was the go-to site for all T&F results.
                    Not easily replaced.

Comment

New post on the site today (yeah, old habits are hard to break):

Thanks a lot TO ALL for your comments after 10 years of waking up at 4:30 a.m. on the weekends to publish the results from the USA I have finally decided to work more calmly I will continue with my work but on paper, in pdf with the same depth of marks If you are interested, this 2021 at least will be free. every week or every two weeks a new issue will come out

Comment

Yes I have already subscribed.

Comment

He just sent out his first newsletter - last week's results.

which includes the Ethiopian NCs, a bellwether for their team.
                          Last edited by Atticus; 04-13-2021, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X