Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I am still slightly confused about the procedure.

So let's assume that in a certain event (e.g. decathlon) three athletes have the auto-Q (say Scantling, ZZ and Devon Williams), while Simmons is ranked 20th (so he is in the qualifying list) but without an auto-Q.
    No other American is in a qualifying spot (and none will be after the end of the qualification period).
    If Simmons finishes a head of one of the Auto-Q decathletes (e.g. Williams) in the trials, who is going to the Olympics? Does it matter whether they will finish third and fourth or nine and tenth?

Comment

Originally posted by olorin View Post
      Sorry, I am still slightly confused about the procedure.

So let's assume that in a certain event (e.g. decathlon) three athletes have the auto-Q (say Scantling, ZZ and Devon Williams), while Simmons is ranked 20th (so he is in the qualifying list) but without an auto-Q.
      No other American is in a qualifying spot (and none will be after the end of the qualification period).
      If Simmons finishes a head of one of the Auto-Q decathletes (e.g. Williams) in the trials, who is going to the Olympics? Does it matter whether they will finish third and fourth or nine and tenth?
      Based on my interpretation, trials order is the deciding factor, more important than rankings vs auto-Q; a 4th placer with auto-Q won't be chosen ahead of a 3rd placer who has a qualifying ranking without auto-Q.

Comment

Working...
      X