X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by booond View Post
    There is only one order:

Fastest 400 meter runner - Hayes or Jonathas

Syd - she is the fastest on the team and could split 48.5 or better which puts the team up by 5-10 meters

Mu - she has no worries about blocks or traffic and her leg of 48.5 or 49.0 slays the remainder of the competition.

Felix - we all know she will be on there and she is too slow to run second leg anymore. With this team the anchor is ceremonial. Let the many pictures of her daughter commence.
    Agree with the team members. If SM runs 2nd I agree she will likely split faster than 48.5 but that will put the team up by more than 10 meters😀. Didn't Mu split under 49 at NCAA's? Who knows what she might split on Olympic stage. How would you choose between Hayes and Jonathas? Whichever one runs better in 400m? Tough leaving your 400m winner from the trials off the 4x4. AF may not be as fast as she once was but I would bet she could still split a sub 50.00.

For fun: 1) Hayes 49.6
    2) SM 48.3
    3) Mu 48.4
    4) Felix 49.5
    Last edited by SoCal45; 06-28-2021, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• Hayes os Jonathas likely whoever does best in the open 400.

Personally, I like relay runners to end their leg strong which leads me to Jonathas but who knows. The big thing is the 2nd-3rd punch which puts all the other teams away... like in 2019.

Comment

There is only one order:

Syd - she is the fastest on the team and could split 48.5 or better which puts the team up by 5-10 meters

Mu - she has no worries about blocks or traffic and her leg of 48.5 or 49.0 slays the remainder of the competition.

Felix - we all know she will be on there and she is too slow to run second leg anymore. With this team the anchor is ceremonial. Let the many pictures of her daughter commence.
        That team works and is likely though IMO, I would ideally actually not have Felix run as Hayes or even after what we saw from Muhammad, are faster. But as we have being saying, Felix's spot is solidified. Would love to see her split something crazy to go out.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
          Nigeria with an outside shot at making noise in the final. In Lagos today: 3:26.83 (Nse Uko - Knowledge Omovoh - Favour Ofili - Patience George)
          Even with that "time" (which likely is not legit) the only "noise" Nigeria will make is maybe some screaming IF they make the finals. 3:26.83 will leave them a mere 10 seconds behind the U.S.

Comment

There is only one order:

I would anchor Mu since that leg has the smallest chance of encountering traffic and I think she's probably the best time trialist in the pool.

Comment

That's the only debate at this point, what leg (other than 1st) does Felix run.

??? - Felix - McLaughlin - Mu would be a great "passing to the next generation" symbol. I think those are the only 3 locks for the relay final at this point (assuming the other 2 make the team)
              I don’t think it matters what order they run in, but I agree that the only debate is which leg AF will run.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

I would anchor Mu since that leg has the smallest chance of encountering traffic and I think she's probably the best time trialist in the pool.
                McLaughlin will dispatch traffic issues. After that the final two legs are interchangeable.

Comment

• Curious how traffic is defined? Who aside from Jamaica will really provide a "traffic" situation?

Comment

Curious how traffic is defined? Who aside from Jamaica will really provide a "traffic" situation?
                    Poland and GB aways lurk. Holland could be there if they put their studs first.

Comment

• When exactly does adidas call up the decision-making coach to lobby for their athlete, Jonathas, to be on the team before some other event's athlete?

Comment

Curious how traffic is defined? Who aside from Jamaica will really provide a "traffic" situation?
                        The traffic is from the first hand off to the second. That leg will be reasonably close and they have to cut in as well. McLaughlin creates distance at the cut in and the pass from second to third.

Kendall Ellis's comeback wouldn't nearly be as famous or hard if it wasn't for traffic at the 3rd to 4th handoff. She likely has the lead by the top of the straight, if not sooner.
                        Last edited by booond; 06-29-2021, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• 1) Hayes- True 400 meter runner should be on first leg

2) Mu- I always like an 800 meter runner on leg two. The cut in is natural to them. And they know how to use the tangent.

3) Syd- She can extend the lead for Team USA with a very strong last 150.

4) Felix- She can bring home the Gold in the final Olympic race of her career.

Comment

• what happens in Tokyo 400 will have a big part to play, one suspects, but at this piont I wouldn't be comfortable with the thought of Felix supplanting Jonathas

Comment

• Originally posted by TWalsh View Post
                              1) Hayes- True 400 meter runner should be on first leg

2) Mu- I always like an 800 meter runner on leg two. The cut in is natural to them. And they know how to use the tangent.

3) Syd- She can extend the lead for Team USA with a very strong last 150.

4) Felix- She can bring home the Gold in the final Olympic race of her career.
                              Mu at second is a potential disaster. Her opponents, especially the close ones, will be sprinting for the cut in.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                                what happens in Tokyo 400 will have a big part to play, one suspects, but at this piont I wouldn't be comfortable with the thought of Felix supplanting Jonathas
                                I wouldn't want Felix there but if the right order is set she will have a 20-30 meter lead, maybe more.

Comment

Working...
                                X