Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by booond View Post

Mu at second is a potential disaster. Her opponents, especially the close ones, will be sprinting for the cut in.
    I think 800 runners work better on 2nd for a team that not's expecting to contend for the lead after the 1st leg. A good example being Garry Cook for GB at the '84 Olympics.

Comment

• Aside from Miles-Clark, when was the last time a top 800m runner ran on a major US 4x4? Madeline Manning in 1972?

Comment

• Originally posted by asindc View Post

I don’t think it matters what order they run in, but I agree that the only debate is which leg AF will run.
        If AF is in rather than Mohammed I would have Felix second. She has the savvy to negotiate the merging off the curve and the sprint speed to push real had to gain advantage if the situation permits. I would probably put the top 400 runner (Q, J, ?) next and Mu last - less traffic more used to time trialing and only used to anchoring; definitely not first or even second.
        Last edited by 26mi235; 06-29-2021, 09:25 PM. Reason: typo, missed J and hit H

Comment

• I think Felix is at her best 20 meters down with light traffic, but that's probably not going to happen.

Comment

• Felix runs in rounds. Hayes, McLaighlin, Muhammad,Mu final. Jonathas and Little run rounds too. Plus you have Gabby Thomas and Anna Cockerell could run legs in the rounds.

Comment

• Could see Cockerell and Jonathas in the mixed 4 x4 as well

Comment

• When Mu was interviewed in the stadium after her race she was asked about the 4x400 and I can't remember her exact words but she definitely let it be known that she wants to and expects to run the 4x400 in Tokyo.
                Last edited by jazzcyclist; 06-30-2021, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
                  Aside from Miles-Clark, when was the last time a top 800m runner ran on a major US 4x4? Madeline Manning in 1972?
                  I mentioned this somewhere else about a week ago, but Tom Courtney, 1956 !

Comment

• Manning ran in '72, yes
                    (Courtney is last man)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post
                      Could see Cockerell and Jonathas in the mixed 4 x4 as well
                      The mixed final is prior to the individual events for those who'd be involved in any of the 4x400m relays. I imagine the mixed relay will be manned entirely by those not in individual events.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post
                        Felix runs in rounds. Hayes, McLaighlin, Muhammad,Mu final. Jonathas and Little run rounds too. Plus you have Gabby Thomas and Anna Cockerell could run legs in the rounds.
                        I really doubt Felix runs in the rounds and then not in the final.

Comment

• I would run Muhammad and McLaughlin on the mixed 4x400, and a team of Hayes, Felix, Jonathas and Mu in the final of the 4x400.

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
                            I would run Muhammad and McLaughlin on the mixed 4x400, and a team of Hayes, Felix, Jonathas and Mu in the final of the 4x400.
                            The woman's 400mh heats are the same day as the mixed relay final. Plus, as I said earlier, the athletes won't run the relays prior to their individual events.

Comment

• Has gh written an editorial on the mixed 4X4? I'm really having a hard time finding any love for that event. And given it's in the U.S.'s traditionally strong wheelhouse, it basically just hands the U.S. another gold.

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
                                I would run Muhammad and McLaughlin on the mixed 4x400, and a team of Hayes, Felix, Jonathas and Mu in the final of the 4x400.
                                And increase the likelihood that the US loses the Real One? Mu is the only one that might be on par with McLaughlin. Muhammad stilll have questions about being ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X