Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mu has a slow first 10m; that matters not at all on the final three legs. She has not handled many legs except the final one, why change that and take a chance?

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
      Not tying up doesn't mean your not pushing it and giving it your all.
      And then there was Gardiner in his 'Death in the Desert' race!

Comment

Diane Dixon on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CRzt9GZjiGU/

"To put this to Rest! Coming from the Team USA 4x400 Meter American Record Holder Team! As my DM’s are blowing up!....My predictions and I hope the Coaches are watching! Athing Mu to Sydney McLaughlin to Quenera Hayes to Allyson Felix and they may get close to breaking the AR record! PeriodT! Or they may break it! This is the ONLY Team that can finally break OUR AR! No questions!"
        Hayes - McLaughlin - Felix - Mu.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1.609 View Post
          Hayes - McLaughlin - Felix - Mu.
          Mu first - in lanes. Felix last - for posterity.

Mu - Hayes - McL - Felix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post

I would have SM last.

Comment

You can't put Mu on the first leg getting out of the blocks. The other three are much quicker out of the blocks. And it takes her 30 meters to get going. Mu is much better from a running start. Stick her on leg #2 so she can cut in just like an 800 meter race. You don't want to stick people where they aren't comfortable or don't have experience. I predict this won't be the relay team in the Final. Results of the open 400 will play some role in who gets on the relay.
              Last edited by TWalsh; 07-27-2021, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• Let Hayes lead off and Felix and McLaughlin handle the middle legs where there is traffic. Mu can anchor where there may be no traffic.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                  Let Hayes lead off and Felix and McLaughlin handle the middle legs where there is traffic. Mu can anchor where there may be no traffic.
                  This sounds like a great combination.

Comment

Let Hayes lead off and Felix and McLaughlin handle the middle legs where there is traffic. Mu can anchor where there may be no traffic.
                    The Jamaicans say hello.

Comment

• Originally posted by booond View Post
                      The Jamaicans say hello.
                      They'll have to speak loudly from 40m back.

Let's call these dead heats:

Felix - McGregor
                      Hayes - McLeod
                      Mu - McPherson

that leaves McLaughlin - Williams

Who ya like?

Comment

Felix - McGregor
                        Hayes - McLeod
                        Mu - McPherson

that leaves McLaughlin - Williams

Who ya like?
                        Shericka Jackson?

Comment

Shericka Jackson?
                          If she had trained for the 400, she'd give Syd a race. Not now, though she could gut out a 49.9, which would still be 40m behind SM.

Comment

Felix - McGregor
                            Hayes - McLeod
                            Mu - McPherson
                            I don't think these are dead heats.

I also think you underestimate Jackson being able to currently run a quick 400m leg. I think she can. The question I'd have is how many events she's running. If she's running the 100/200 and 4x100 maybe she's not on the 4x4.

I hope she's on the 4x100m so we can see how quick the Jamaican women can run.

Comment

• The debate might just be the best leg for Mu in particular.
                              • Leg 1 - I understand Mu out of the blocks isn't ideal, but at least it keeps her out of trouble. It's an ever so slightly longer leg, so that is also in her favour, and she avoids traffic. She also has the opportunity to give the US a big lead.
                              • Leg 2 - I get the reasoning on putting her on leg two, a running start and she is used to cutting in at the 100m mark in the 800m. However, her opening 100m in her 400 open PBs has been outside 12 secs (12.1 for her 49.68 and 12.2 for her 49.57). This is relatively 'slow' compared to the other top women who generally run sub 12. It is not unfeasible that a couple of other countries, or at least Jamaica, are in contention at leg 1, so she just has to be careful cutting across at speed. She may potentially be behind someone at the 100m mark, and even though she runs a fast second 100m, she is hitting 200m at around 23.5 and again, depending on the JAM order, she may be behind someone at 200m. This doesn't have to be an issue, but we are trying to keep risks low!
                              • Leg. 3 - This is usually the 'safe' leg for your slowest runners. The US could already have a big lead by then, depending on JAM running orders, but she can run people down.
                              • Leg 4 - this could work too, she's used to this leg, and if for some reason JAM are leading, she is used to running others down. She is also the future, and the glory leg would be great for her image.
                              For me, any leg but leg 2 makes sense, as leg 2 should be reserved for someone with a faster opening 100/200.

Side note: I would like to see the nations just outside medal shots taking more risks in their running order. Don't go for the traditional approach, look to putting your best on leg 1, or leg 2, etc., keep them in contention, meaning the other nations behind you are having to go wide at the exchange, which can get messy and cause them to lose meters. If you're not a definite like the US and JAM, and there is some differential between your 4 runners, go for something different and risk it, ala CZE in 1983.

Comment

I don't think these are dead heats.

I also think you underestimate Jackson being able to currently run a quick 400m leg. I think she can. The question I'd have is how many events she's running. If she's running the 100/200 and 4x100 maybe she's not on the 4x4.

I hope she's on the 4x100m so we can see how quick the Jamaican women can run.
                                It's very likely she runs both considering nothing overlaps on the schedule. I would guess if she ran in 2019, it would be pretty strange to keep her off this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X