Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Mu's name is now carved in granite on the Olympic final start list.
    Agreed. Im even debating who should run anchor aside from Mu?

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
      And who'$ going to tell NBC it'$ not Felix?

Comment

Heading into the Trials the finals lineup looks like Hayes - McLaughlin - Little - Mu. Of course Little's spot in contingent on her making the 400 hurdle team, which seems likely given her form but certainly not a gimme.

As for Felix - nothing short of sub-50 gets her into the conversation. Hell it will probably take that just to make the pool.
        There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
          Heading into the Trials the finals lineup looks like Hayes - McLaughlin - Little - Mu.
          You have a call on Line 2 from the firm of Ellis, Irby, Felix & Muhammad. Something about a Restraint of Trade suit?
          They will all be in the conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            You have a call on Line 2 from the firm of Ellis, Irby, Felix & Muhammad. Something about a Restraint of Trade suit?
            They will all be in the conversation.
            I said heading INTO the Trials, aka As Things Stand Right Now. Obviously the picture will change post-Trials, and why I said Felix better break 50 if she wants even a sniff at the Games 4x4 final, and likely just to make the pool.

Comment

Hope it's not the same granite thst Randy Matson was carved into in 1972, and a few other dead certs since.

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
                and why I said Felix better break 50 if she wants even a sniff at the Games 4x4 final, and likely just to make the pool.
                Doubt that. If Felix makes the team, I bet she runs the relay final no matter her SB is leading into Tokyo.

Comment

If Felix makes the team, I bet she runs the relay final no matter her SB is leading into Tokyo.

If Felix finishes 6th in the Trials 400 with a 50.3, and there's three or four women ahead of her under 50, plus McLaughlin, plus Mu, plus Little? No, she wont be anywhere near that 4x4 final. Nor should she be.

Now let's talk about that 4x1

Comment

Doubt that. If Felix makes the team, I bet she runs the relay final no matter her SB is leading into Tokyo.
                    If the USATF coaches would show that sort of favoritism after the 2015 Sanya Richards debacle we don't deserve a medal.

Comment

• Originally posted by guru View Post
                      If Felix finishes 6th in the Trials 400 with a 50.3, and there's three or four women ahead of her under 50, plus McLaughlin, plus Mu, plus Little? No, she wont be anywhere near that 4x4 final. Nor should she be.
                      I hope you're right.

Comment

• Originally posted by guru View Post

Now let's talk about that 4x1
                        My point on making the team was if she finishes top 3 in the 400m, she will run the relay final.

But honestly, dont be surprised if she runs the final anyway after finishing top 6 (or 8). As much as I want to believe the coaches will make logical decisions, Felix is still the biggest name in T&F since Bolt retired (male or female) and this is her last Olympics so I think anything is on the table.

Comment

• The US Women's Olympic 4x400 could easily win gold and silver.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
                            ....... Felix is still the biggest name in T&F since Bolt retired (male or female)....... .
                            She has been great.

But your statement??
                            Not by the proverbial country mile.

There are a whole bunch of athletes who, as of today, are bigger names than her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                              But your statement??
                              Not by the proverbial country mile.

There are a whole bunch of athletes who, as of today, are bigger names than her.
                              Who in track and field right now has more name recognition to the most amount of people in and outside of track globally?

Felix, maybe SAFP, who else? Gatlin?
                              ATK
                              Last edited by ATK; 06-13-2021, 06:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
                                My point on making the team was if she finishes top 3 in the 400m, she will run the relay final.

But honestly, dont be surprised if she runs the final anyway after finishing top 6 (or 8). As much as I want to believe the coaches will make logical decisions, Felix is still the biggest name in T&F since Bolt retired (male or female) and this is her last Olympics so I think anything is on the table.
                                You make the USATF coaches sound like political hacks.

Comment

Working...
                                X