Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    I agree with this. Any 7th or 8th placer would get mixed relay duty, not just Felix, but how does she get into the 4x400 final?
    Thats where I'm saying the backdoor things that put SRR in the Beijing final would come into play. Yes I dont have an answer to what that looks like.

But the rules allow anyone run any relay if they are competing at the championships. DeAnna Price could be picked to run the 4x4 final if she is in Tokyo.

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Why to you say that Muhammad and McLaughlin would have finished 7th and 8th in the open 400?
    I'm saying their Doha 400m hurdle times (52.16 & 52.23) are faster than Desrosiers' and Blocker's flat 400m times from USAs that year (52.36 & 52.53)

Comment

Why to you say that Muhammad and McLaughlin would have finished 7th and 8th in the open 400?
      ATK meant that their times over the hurdles in the Doha final (52.16 and 52.23) were better than the 7th and 8th place women in the final of the flat 400 at the USATF 2019 trials (52.36 and 52.53).

However, they (Blocker and DesRosiers) ran better times than that in the semifinal (51.58 and 52.02), so M&Ms hurdle times would not have been good enough to get them into the flat 400 trials final.
      18.99s
      Last edited by 18.99s; 06-13-2021, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
        However, they (Blocker and DesRosiers) ran better times than that in the semifinal (51.58 and 52.02), so M&Ms hurdle times would not have been good enough to get them into the flat 400 trials final.
        Yes your right. But the point holds that they ran times over the hurdles that are competing with the top 10-15 US women over the flat. So having them on the relay was a no brainer (as they proved with their splits).

SRR in 2015 didn't run fast enough to make the US final, but placed on the Beijing 4x4 and ran the relay final over Francis who made the 400m finals in Beijing and was literally in the form of her life. ( I give a pass to Hastings running the relay final over Francis since she made the 400m team, despite only making the 400m semis there)

Comment

• Mu has “officially” let it be known....She would to run the 4x4 🇺🇸😎
          ⬇️ ⬇️
          "I remember watching Allyson Felix split 48...and you know what, I split 48 today. So...wink wink Team USA coaches" - @athiiing
          _Jay
          Last edited by _Jay; 06-14-2021, 04:27 PM.

Comment

I agree with this. Any 7th or 8th placer would get mixed relay duty, not just Felix, but how does she get into the 4x400 final?

Felix could be placed on the mixed relay which is within the first few days of the OG schedule and run a quick split which could have her end up on the w4x4.

It'll be interesting to see how Felix handles the rounds at the OTs. Martina Navritilova said that, as she got older, winning one match wasn't her problem. It was winning many matches over a couple of weeks that was a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

Felix could be placed on the mixed relay which is within the first few days of the OG schedule and run a quick split which could have her end up on the w4x4.
              Okay, if she splits 48.8 on the mixed relay any sensible coach might feel compelled to put her in the 4x400 final. I can get with that.
              jazzcyclist
              Last edited by jazzcyclist; 06-14-2021, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Jay View Post
                Mu has “officially” let it be known....She would to run the 4x4 🇺🇸😎
                ⬇️ ⬇️
                "I remember watching Allyson Felix split 48...and you know what, I split 48 today. So...wink wink Team USA coaches" - @athiiing
                If Mu anchors the 4x4 and is say 4-8 meters off the lead when she gets the stick she would probably split in sub 48!

Comment

• I think that the best US 4x400 team has only one Open 400 runner on it. Sorry, that runner is only the fourth best member of the team... (well, we do not yet know about DM this year).
                  26mi235
                  Last edited by 26mi235; 06-14-2021, 10:58 PM. Reason: hurried typo DH => DM

Comment

• Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                    I think that the best US 4x400 team has only one Open 400 runner on it. Sorry, that runner is only the fourth best member of the team... (well, we do not yet know about DH this year).
                    who is DH?

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

who is DH?
                      Dalilah Muhammad

Comment

• With the completion of the Trials 400 behind us, my pick for the Tokyo final is Hayes, McLaughlin, Little and Mu. The only that could change my mind is if Muhammad demonstrates a return to 2019 fitness.

Comment

With the completion of the Trials 400 behind us, my pick for the Tokyo final is Hayes, McLaughlin, Little and Mu. The only that could change my mind is if Muhammad demonstrates a return to 2019 fitness.
                          I don't think there is any way in the world, barring an injury, that a second-place-at-the-Trials Felix isn't on that 4x4.

Comment

• I think that team jazz noted would probably be the fastest team the US could put on the track, though I'm still interested to see what form people are in during Tokyo (specifically Hayes).

But, though I expected it, I am still a bit surprised at the insane amount of much coverage Felix and her daughter got at trials (and she still has the 200m to run). And now that she made the individual team, coming in 2nd nonetheless, I think the likely hood she is left off the finals team is slim to none.

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post

I don't think there is any way in the world, barring an injury, that a second-place-at-the-Trials Felix isn't on that 4x4.
                              Agreed.

Comment

• Y'all may be right, maybe USATF hasn't learned its lesson from 2015 but as gm pointed out, a team that includes Felix won't be the fastest team we can put on the track, especially when you consider the fact that Mu, McLaughlin and Little will be resting while Felix is running 400 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X