Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Relays 2021 - No USA.... & no JAM?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bol with a 50.1 split in the mixed, after already running a 49.8 in the women's race.
    klaver 51.2 split

    Comment


    • Summary of Olympic qualifiers

      Men 4x100

      From Doha: Brazil, China, France, Great Britain, Japan, Netherlands, South Africa, USA
      Today: Italy, Germany, Ghana and Denmark
      4 spots still to be filled

      Women 4x100

      From Doha: China, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Jamaica, Switzerland, Trinidad, USA
      Today: Netherlands, France, Poland, Ecuador, Japan, Denmark
      2 spots still to be filled

      Men 4x400

      From Doha: Belgium, France, Great Britain, Italy, Jamaica, Trinidad, USA
      Today: Netherlands, Japan, South Africa, Botswana
      4 spots still to be filled

      Women 4x400

      From Doha: Belgium, Canada, Great Britain, Jamaica, Netherlands, Poland, Ukraine, USA
      Today: Cuba, Germany, Italy, France
      4 spots still to be filled

      Mixed 4x400

      From Doha: Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Great Britain, India, Jamaica, Poland, USA
      Today: Italy, Dominican Republic, Ireland, Netherlands, Spain
      3 spots still to be filled

      Comment


      • I'm worried about my mental health. I deleted today's DVR recording without even watching it. I hope I'm feeling better tomorrow.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          I'm worried about my mental health. I deleted today's DVR recording without even watching it. I hope I'm feeling better tomorrow.
          I had trouble finding the right channel, but once the tv window opened, I was able to watch the whole thing live, first on the Olympic Channel and then on NBCSN. The commercials were annoying, so maybe I should have put them on the DVR, but I always prefer watching meets live when I have no way to know the results before watching.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
            Bol with a 50.1 split in the mixed, after already running a 49.8 in the women's race.
            klaver 51.2 split
            Official results (right hand corner on results page) say 50.72, 49.81 and 51.62 though.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ItalianFan View Post
              Summary of Olympic qualifiers

              Men 4x100

              From Doha: Brazil, China, France, Great Britain, Japan, Netherlands, South Africa, USA
              Today: Italy, Germany, Ghana and Denmark
              4 spots still to be filled

              Women 4x100

              From Doha: China, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Jamaica, Switzerland, Trinidad, USA
              Today: Netherlands, France, Poland, Ecuador, Japan, Denmark
              2 spots still to be filled

              Men 4x400

              From Doha: Belgium, France, Great Britain, Italy, Jamaica, Trinidad, USA
              Today: Netherlands, Japan, South Africa, Botswana
              4 spots still to be filled

              Women 4x400

              From Doha: Belgium, Canada, Great Britain, Jamaica, Netherlands, Poland, Ukraine, USA
              Today: Cuba, Germany, Italy, France
              4 spots still to be filled

              Mixed 4x400

              From Doha: Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Great Britain, India, Jamaica, Poland, USA
              Today: Italy, Dominican Republic, Ireland, Netherlands, Spain
              3 spots still to be filled

              THANK YOU for this post! Exactly the info I was looking for. If only WA was so efficient.

              Comment


              • Anyone know why no splits available in the 2x2x400 mixed relay? Also Ukraine men's 4x100 misses out by .001! Ouch!

                Comment


                • I enjoyed watching the meet, but somehow a World Relays with no USA, JAM, or BAH ain't quite the same.

                  Comment



                  • ItalianFan I think World Athletics must have read your post because afterwards put something similar up on their website...they do like to plagiarise every so often 😁

                    Comment


                    • NED putting their big guns in the individual sex finals rather than the mixed. Both teams look strong, but whilst their men are pretty even, the women are back loaded and Hovenkamp leads them off again. De witte now goes 2nd and will handover to Bol on 3rd then Klaver to finish. I must say I find this...interesting. I'm a traditionalist so would have my weakest on leg 3. I would go De witte on leg 1 to be in the mix, Klaver on 2 as the fastest over 200m (for the break) Hovenkamp on 3rd (the 'protected leg as I like to think of it) and Bol to bring it home. The problem with your 4th and 3rd fastest on your first two legs is that you are playing catch up, you're having to run wide at the exchange, and you're having to navigate past runners stopping at the end of their leg and then trying to pass those in front. Now, it may be by the end of leg 2 De witte is in close contact with the leaders, however, GBR and CUB should have a reasonably healthy lead (on paper) meaning Bol is going to have to run a really fast 3rd leg, probably run farther than 400m (wide exchange and round bends) and there will be pressure on Klaver to finish. NED can do it, but I think my preferred order is safer.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by gh View Post
                        and no Canada (story on home page)
                        A good many of them have been training and competing in Baton Rouge recently. Check out the results of some of LSU's recent meets to see what I'm talking.

                        http://results.deltatiming.com/lsu/t...d-invitational

                        http://results.deltatiming.com/lsu/t...d#d-2021-04-24

                        http://results.deltatiming.com/lsu/t...u-invitational

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
                          NED putting their big guns in the individual sex finals rather than the mixed. Both teams look strong, but whilst their men are pretty even, the women are back loaded and Hovenkamp leads them off again. De witte now goes 2nd and will handover to Bol on 3rd then Klaver to finish. I must say I find this...interesting. I'm a traditionalist so would have my weakest on leg 3. I would go De witte on leg 1 to be in the mix, Klaver on 2 as the fastest over 200m (for the break) Hovenkamp on 3rd (the 'protected leg as I like to think of it) and Bol to bring it home. The problem with your 4th and 3rd fastest on your first two legs is that you are playing catch up, you're having to run wide at the exchange, and you're having to navigate past runners stopping at the end of their leg and then trying to pass those in front. Now, it may be by the end of leg 2 De witte is in close contact with the leaders, however, GBR and CUB should have a reasonably healthy lead (on paper) meaning Bol is going to have to run a really fast 3rd leg, probably run farther than 400m (wide exchange and round bends) and there will be pressure on Klaver to finish. NED can do it, but I think my preferred order is safer.
                          I tend to agree that the best place to put a slower runner is the 3rd leg as that seems to offer the best opportunity for them to try and 'hang on' as best they can to faster runners in a pack. A good example, is the GB women's team at the 1993 Worlds who were in with a chance of a bronze but included Tracy Goddard whose best at the time was in the mid 53s. This was slower than team-mate Sally Gunnell could run with 10 hurdles in the way. She was put on 3rd and ran a 51.44 split which kept them in contention and they got the bronze.

                          Comment


                          • Compared to yesterday, Italy is changing the Women 4x100 line up. For the final they will field: Irene Siragusa, Gloria Hooper, Anna Bongiorni, Vittoria Fontana
                            The composition of other Italian relays will stay the same as yesterday.

                            Comment


                            • It is cold in Silesia tonight.

                              Italy win the Mixed 4x400 with 3:16.60. Brazil second and Dominican Republic third.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ItalianFan View Post
                                Dominican Republic third.
                                Their anchor is not going to like watching that replay.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X