Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Relays 2021 - No USA.... & no JAM?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gm View Post

It says:
    "NOCs may enter one (1) team for each relay event. A total of five(5) athletes may be entered for a relay team. Should an NOC have entered a relay team and individual athletes in the corresponding individual event(100m and 400m), the entered individual athletes must be included in the total of five(5)athletes entered for the relay events.In addition, NOCs can nominate a maximum of one (1) P alternate athlete for each team."

at
    https://www.worldathletics.org/responsive/download/downloadresultinfo?filename=59716a97-c681-4221-a5fd-6e5a782e3a78.pdf&urlslug=Qualification%20system%20 (English)
    This may be true of this year's OG. But not of the WC: file:///C:/Users/pavvk/AppData/Local/Temp/C1.2%20-%20World%20Athletics%20Series%20Regulations%20(ame nded.pdf (see Rules 3.4.3, 8.2.1, 8.2.4 and 12.4.7?
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

• and no Canada (story on home page)

Comment

• Originally posted by Powell View Post
        This may be true of this year's OG. But not of the WC:
        It appears you pasted a link to the document's location on your local machine, not the web.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

It appears you pasted a link to the document's location on your local machine, not the web.
          True. So here it goes again https://assets.aws.worldathletics.or...c58535d03a.pdf
          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
            and no Canada (story on home page)
            I bet there are more dropouts. I gotta believe GBR is next (thay have the Q in all relays).
            Brazil's 4x1 guys all ran hard this weekend in Chula Vista, so will they be there in Poland?, and re-enter their training ground here in the US afterwards?
            With CAN sitting 2 slots better in the Road-to-Tokyo list (now not going), and a couple more droputs, JAM's m4x1 could find themselves with a much higher probability of not making it to the Oly's in the m4x1... as Powell mentioned, those time slots will be few, and are shrinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by miketandf View Post
              I bet there are more dropouts. I gotta believe GBR is next (thay have the Q in all relays).
              Brazil's 4x1 guys all ran hard this weekend in Chula Vista, so will they be there in Poland?, and re-enter their training ground here in the US afterwards?
              With CAN sitting 2 slots better in the Road-to-Tokyo list (now not going), and a couple more droputs, JAM's m4x1 could find themselves with a much higher probability of not making it to the Oly's in the m4x1... as Powell mentioned, those time slots will be few, and are shrinking.
              How many more before the entire affair is shelved?

Comment

• I hope the meet returns to NACAC in the future. But I bet now it will not be to Canada.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

Some things aren't meant to be.

Comment

• The World Relays was best (2014 and/or 2015) when they had a few distance relays--4X800, 4X1500, and anything else where the SHORTEST leg is 400 meters!

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

I won't be going to Poland, but I've attended all of the previous World Relays and I've enjoyed them all. Relays are very exciting event and an all-relays meet can be terrific, especially if the home country has competitive teams. I ho[e the entire affair is not shelved.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDelano View Post
                        Let's hope the weather improves.
                        So far April has been unusually cold in Europe.
                        Today max. of 6C/43F in Chorzow.
                        Like what is done for Penn/Drake... and only 5 days away... here's the current weather forecast for the World Relays' days... Highs of 53-58 degrees F (12-15 C), 80% chance of light rain. Not ideal for sprint relays. This, along with any covid/travel concerns and/or restrictions... I just don't see some teams, especially those from far away and already with the Q, making the trip, at least not with their A teams... thereby increasing the chances for those without the Q to get an Oly qualifier.

Comment

• I thought the Dutch women's 4x400m team might get the NR this weekend. It stands at 3:26.98, so 51.75 average per leg. However, it's going to be around 8 degrees C, and possibly raining, and in the evening, so it's looking more and more unlikely. In addition, the timetable means their two big hitters, Bol & Klaver, will have to focus on either the mixed 4x4 final or the womens 4x4 final, or split them, as the mixed is one hour before the women's. It's going to be interesting to see what Meuwly decides is the focus. Presumably the mixed heats, as they haven't qualified in that event yet, so maybe he runs Bol/Klaver/orDe Witte in the mixed heats, then once they are in the final, and qualified for Tokyo & Eugene, they focus on the w4x4 the next day and a possible win? Or once in both finals do they play around with running order? There's money at stake if not an NR.

Comment

• On Twitter, someone was questioning the validity of the meet with all the withdrawals. Rana Reider tweeted:

"The teams need races. Qualifying for the games is interesting now. But fresh athletes with no individual events create NR for coaches to put on the CV. Good confidence and ego building."

I agree, the 4x1 teams certainly need races, and there will be few opportunities to practice against other nations before the Games.

Comment

• Rats, another country whose w4x4 team could be faster than Ukraine this year aren't taking part so will be competing with UKR for Eugene qualification by time (both will be behind USA and JAM)

(UKR have qualified for Tokyo. I believe Canada have too despite their DQ in the Doha final?)

(Rats - pun intended, Vasyl (Vasiliy) Rats, Ukrainian footballer in the 1986 USSR World Cup team, who beat Canada incidentally, but lost to Belgium, who were one place ahead in Doha)

Comment

• More bad news, this time from the Swiss team; Lea Sprunger has withdrawn due to injury and now Ajla Del Ponte has had a positive Covid test just before she was due to travel.

Comment

Working...
                                X