Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
    At the moment, I can't think of any elite non US athlete who would attempt the 200/400 double - and make the final - & who would be running the 4x4 hts on Day 8, but something could change in the next few months.
    I dont have much hope for the schedule changing for doubles considering earlier this year, they were "bragging" that all traditional doubles were now possible: https://worldathletics.org/competiti...ships-oregon22

Comment

Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
      At the moment, I can't think of any elite non US athlete who would attempt the 200/400 double - and make the final - & who would be running the 4x4 hts on Day 8, but something could change in the next few months.
      Do the Bahamas not have a viable w4x4 that SMU would need to help?

Comment

Gonna be tough for Mu to run the 4x4 final

Comment

Guess they're planning on a cold front arriving, as the 10k's are both scheduled at high noon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post
            Guess they're planning on a cold front arriving, as the 10k's are both scheduled at high noon.
            gotta note that WA's wishes for international broadcast feeds play a significant role in scheduling

Comment

Originally posted by smj View Post
              Gonna be tough for Mu to run the 4x4 final
              Not if she runs the 400, which actually would make a helluva lot of sense for Worlds next year.
              There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post

Not if she runs the 400, which actually would make a helluva lot of sense for Worlds next year.
                Unless she can run sub-49 and challenge SMU, why would she not do the 800?

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy News View Post

I agree here. An apparently injured SMU ran from blocks the same time Mu ran on an anchor leg relay split.

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy News View Post

I dont think there's any doubt Mu will be a solid sub-49 next season, especially if she's racing women like SMU. And with global championships for each of the next four years next season offers a great opportunity to spend some time focusing on the 400(especially considering the meet schedule). Also would help if there's an eye towards doubling in Paris and offering WA a reason to make that possible.
                    There are no strings on me

Comment

I don't know that Mu can run sub 49 next season but she's got to want to run the event first. The US is in the odd position where nearly all, if not all, of the country's best 400m runners are primarily running other events.

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post

I dont think there's any doubt Mu will be a solid sub-49 next season, especially if she's racing women like SMU. And with global championships for each of the next four years next season offers a great opportunity to spend some time focusing on the 400(especially considering the meet schedule). Also would help if there's an eye towards doubling in Paris and offering WA a reason to make that possible.
                        I am a firm believer that she can run sub 49 as well. Whether that is next season from the blocks though I'm not sure. Shaunae ran the same time Mu ran in the relay, from the blocks and had miss 4 weeks of training and was supposedly nursing the hamstring. I'd imagine in Eugene she will be a little faster as well. I think next season she (Mu) should continue with the 800 but in addition add some 400s to her training regime.
                        Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

While we're waiting for the USATF meet dates, do we know where/when the Marathon qualifying race is?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            While we're waiting for the USATF meet dates
                            Buried the lede - in the latest USATF Officials newsletter:

The USATF Senior and U20 Championships will be held jointly on June 23-26.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              While we're waiting for the USATF meet dates, do we know where/when the Marathon qualifying race is?
                              Since you post on every thread, you should be aware of the answer to this question.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post
                                Since you post on every thread, you should be aware of the answer to this question.
                                Since I started a thread with the answer, I guess I do!

Comment

Working...
                                X