Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Champs 2022 ticket questions

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by donley2 View Post

    Any chance we could become honorary Oregon Track Club members on the 14th?
    Join up now!...a friend of mine did 2 days ago for that reason. Though I have no guarantee on their ticket situation...

    It isn't expensive to join and nice people...

    Comment


    • #77
      Just signed up to the mailing list for advanced ticks. Hopefully not too late to the party. looking forward to flying in from Toronto ON, Canada. Any tips on where to stay or tours to sign up for?

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by lexvid View Post
        Just signed up to the mailing list for advanced ticks. Hopefully not too late to the party. looking forward to flying in from Toronto ON, Canada. Any tips on where to stay or tours to sign up for?
        The pre-sale code is FEELTHEGLORY. Not sure how many evening sessions are available at this point out of the pre-sale allocation.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by donley2 View Post

          The pre-sale code is FEELTHEGLORY. Not sure how many evening sessions are available at this point out of the pre-sale allocation.
          Thanks, Much appreciated!

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
            There are lots of direct flights to Eugene these days.

            And Portland is an easy 2 hour drive...
            Direct from where?

            I rarely drive, and I don't think I've driven more than an hour at a stretch in over 3 years now.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Al in NYC View Post

              Direct from where?

              I rarely drive, and I don't think I've driven more than an hour at a stretch in over 3 years now.
              American Airlines had direct flights from DFW to Eugene though my flight for NCAA's got cancelled but that's a whole other matter. ☹

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Al in NYC View Post

                Direct from where?

                I rarely drive, and I don't think I've driven more than an hour at a stretch in over 3 years now.
                United...Chicago to Eugene for one...

                Comment


                • #83
                  Dont think Ive ever seen direct from NYC to Eugene. Portland and Seattle all the time though.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Good luck on finding lodging. I spent the last two days calling every hotel in Eugene after checking each hotel's website first just in case they actually had a vacancy. Nada. Finally found a VRBO in Corvallis. Every VRBO in Eugene is $1,000+ a night...except for the teepees in the park, those are $399/night.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Cooter Brown View Post
                      Good luck on finding lodging. I spent the last two days calling every hotel in Eugene after checking each hotel's website first just in case they actually had a vacancy. Nada. Finally found a VRBO in Corvallis. Every VRBO in Eugene is $1,000+ a night...except for the teepees in the park, those are $399/night.
                      Whats up with that? Surely ton's of people stay in town for things like a football game?

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by donley2 View Post

                        Whats up with that? Surely ton's of people stay in town for things like a football game?
                        They also don't involve 100+ federations, 1000s of athletes, coaches and officials...etc.

                        The football games get big crowds but the WCs are something else.

                        There really isn't that much in town...Eugene is only 170,000... the major hotels were probably snapped up ages ago by WA.
                        Last edited by Conor Dary; 07-09-2021, 05:01 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Cooter Brown View Post
                          Good luck on finding lodging. I spent the last two days calling every hotel in Eugene after checking each hotel's website first just in case they actually had a vacancy. Nada. Finally found a VRBO in Corvallis. Every VRBO in Eugene is $1,000+ a night...except for the teepees in the park, those are $399/night.
                          Valu Inn approx. $220/ night (Albany) still has 5 rooms left... Found some RV's near Eugene if you like the RV camper experience LOL. This is fun.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Not too bad...Albany is only 50 miles away from Hayward.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

                              They also don't involve 100+ federations, 1000s of athletes, coaches and officials...etc.

                              The football games get big crowds but the WCs are something else.

                              There really isn't that much in town...Eugene is only 170,000... the major hotels were probably snapped up ages ago by WA.
                              Personally I don't think that Eugene will have that hard a time meeting room demand but that right now almost all hotel rooms are on some form of block holds for various groups or reasons. (Lots of hotels don't book rooms out further than six months in any event.) Bet you that 3-6 months before the event, once all the hotels know which of their rooms on holds are going to be actually used by the holding groups, there will be lots of rooms for the general public. All at over-the-top prices, of course.
                              Last edited by bad hammy; 07-09-2021, 05:59 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                That may happen...but I wouldn't count on rooms opening up in Eugene.

                                Most chains allow you to book a year in advance...

                                https://thepointsguy.com/guide/how-f...ce-book-hotel/
                                Last edited by Conor Dary; 07-09-2021, 06:06 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X