Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thing with Richardson is, she has to qualify at the NCs first (which tbf should be easy this year as no other American woman look good, apart from Hobbs) Then, even if she is in 10.6 form basic, and the Jamaicans 10.7, one mishap in the 100m and you're done. She not only needs to be at her best, but she needs a solid/perfect race, just like they do.
    We are only just in May and a lot can happen before Tokyo (she better make sure her door bell works and her masseuse is bona fide) but as of now, yep, she looks the top dog.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post

Who from the US has the standard? Centro, Engles, and is that it?
      and Josh Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post

Forgetting about injury, all it would take would be one false start.
        If starting commands were in German no one would false start...

Auf die Plätze....fertig....boom!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rWeGtAzU3v4
        Last edited by Conor Dary; 05-09-2021, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Jay View Post

So do you see the possibility of her choking/underperforming & not being ready to run her best OR the others running in the 10.6’s? Since that looks like what it will take to beat Sha’Carri...
          As others have said, its very very possible for her to make one mistake and lose to ETH who is already running 10.7, or SAFP who may very well be in 10.7 form. I even think this race could have been different if they were in the field. She got a bad start, but mentally knew she was in a field that cant compete with her speed (as she has been vocal about on twitter). That mentality wont work vs ladies that are actually faster than you.

As we saw in 2019, she didnt get through the rounds at USAs in the 100m or 200m. Since then she has definitely much much faster and more talented, but she essentially has the same domestic experience.

I think she will almost certainly walk away with the US trials 100m win, but I just need to see her run with the best before I call her the favorite over the 2 women who have won 7 out of the last 9 global 100m gold medals and are still in form to win. Good thing they will all be lined up together 2 weeks from now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
            She not only needs to be at her best, but she needs a solid/perfect race, just like they do.
            We are only just in May and a lot can happen before Tokyo (she better make sure her door bell works and her masseuse is bona fide) but as of now, yep, she looks the top dog.
            If she’s in 10.6 shape now, and likely getting faster....I wouldn’t say she needs a “perfect race”....Today is an example of that. Lol. Solid, of course. She obviously can’t be terrible and still expect to win.

Also, saying she’s the favorite is not the same as saying she’s unbeatable. But the consistency and level that she’s running at, make it pretty clear who the favorite is IMO.

Comment

• Richardson has never competed outside the US in individual competition so it will be interesting to see how she performs in Tokyo (if she gets there) or Europe.

Comment

• All of the possible mishaps apply to every sprinter...Richardson is the only 10.6 woman at this time. She is the favorite.

Comment

• Originally posted by lexvid View Post
                  10.36 Was this a win for Metcalf or does this prove sprinters are on another level.

I don't believe he would get out of the 1st round in an Olympic competition (top 24 for semi's) no matter what country he competed for. However he ran a tenth or two quicker than I expected. Great pub for the sport either way.
                  If any of the coaches on here had a guy his size and build that ran this fast in the first race of the season they would be pleased. Add to it that DK never was a flat sprinter and hasn't run track since high school. With some polishing and more racing he has a good chance of making it to the trials. Realistically he probably needed to run faster to make it worth his while to keep his focus off of football. Very impressive first 100m ever!

Comment

t I just need to see her run with the best before I call her the favorite over the 2 women who have won 7 out of the last 9 global 100m gold medals and are still in form to win. Good thing they will all be lined up together 2 weeks from now!
                    I certainly don't. Her technique is too solid. The race in 2 weeks could be her coronation as the new Queen, which currently, as you state, are the Jamaicans.

Comment

• Why do so many elite distance runners still fail to recognize that there is no advantage to the inner lanes when you're in the last 100m straight? Raevyn Rogers went out into lane 4 to break free of the pack, then traversed over to lane 2 in the last 40m.

Comment

• Well, friends, I'm taking a few hours break!
                        Till tonight's races!
                        It's been a wild day, and this meet is the best OUTdoor meet so far!
                        (Duhhh!)
                        As for tonight, I'm most interested in how Maggie Montoya does in the 5000!
                        I can't get her interview with Anderson Cooper out of my head!
                        I even sent $50 to that fund to help the pharmacy workers at that market!
                        So I'm really hoping she runs a PR--and gets the Q times she needs!

Comment

As others have said, its very very possible for her to make one mistake and lose to ETH who is already running 10.7, or SAFP who may very well be in 10.7 form. I even think this race could have been different if they were in the field. She got a bad start, but mentally knew she was in a field that cant compete with her speed (as she has been vocal about on twitter). That mentality wont work vs ladies that are actually faster than you.

As we saw in 2019, she didnt get through the rounds at USAs in the 100m or 200m. Since then she has definitely much much faster and more talented, but she essentially has the same domestic experience.

I think she will almost certainly walk away with the US trials 100m win, but I just need to see her run with the best before I call her the favorite over the 2 women who have won 7 out of the last 9 global 100m gold medals and are still in form to win. Good thing they will all be lined up together 2 weeks from now!
                          While I’d agree, a slow start isn’t optimal (especially agains SAFP), based on today’s run...them being actually faster than her at this point seems questionable. (Especially ladies plural).

You brought up 2019, but without the context of it being in a long NCAA Season, where she popped on the scene. She’s a part of a solid coaching group, who id trust to have her running well at the trials.

Again...looking at the way things are trending, it’s pretty safe to say she is the favorite. Does it mean she’s unbeatable....of course not.

We all know a number of things can happen in a race....from a false start, to a cramp midway, to a shoelace coming loose, or any other hypothetical possibility. Lol.

I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

it’s just interesting that folks are hesitant to say a woman running in the 10.6s(wind adjusted)....Consistently running what equates to best ever performances of her competitors, because of what is not even likely, but what could possibly, maybe happen.

No one has even mentioned one of the others actually running faster than her if she doesn’t underperform. 🤔
                          Last edited by _Jay; 05-09-2021, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by beebee View Post
                            All of the possible mishaps apply to every sprinter...Richardson is the only 10.6 woman at this time. She is the favorite.
                            Thank you 🙏🏽 We saw it happen to Bolt (FS). And he’d won multiple WC’s, Olympic Gold, won races on every continent. Lol. Not calling her a favorite “because she might false start” just seems like a reach.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Jay View Post
                              I guess we’ll find out soon enough.
                              To be clear, my ideal situation would be to see her win Gold in Tokyo running 10.60 or better, breaking the (real) WR.

Honestly if SAFP wasn't running, Richardson would be clear and away the favorite. But for me its just ultimate experience (SAFP) vs basically no experience (SR). But again, Glasgow in 2 weeks will change a lot about what I think. So yes, we'll find out soon enough

Comment

• Originally posted by steve View Post

If any of the coaches on here had a guy his size and build that ran this fast in the first race of the season they would be pleased. Add to it that DK never was a flat sprinter and hasn't run track since high school. With some polishing and more racing he has a good chance of making it to the trials. Realistically he probably needed to run faster to make it worth his while to keep his focus off of football. Very impressive first 100m ever!
                                Good points. I realized just how BIG he was after the race. He might be a stride or two quicker minus 20 lbs and less over striding. I wonder if 200 would be a better fit. It was great to see him compete to show case the race and meet in general.

Comment

Working...
                                X