Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beebee View Post
    All of the possible mishaps apply to every sprinter...Richardson is the only 10.6 woman at this time. She is the favorite.
    Christ, you're a fn homer. Last I checked, she hasn't run any 10.6s. And a few years ago, you were such a baby, refusing to label one of the Jamaicans a favorite despite it being more obvious. "There is no favorite" over and over again.

Remember in 2015, Gatlin was the "favorite" until he was in the blocks against someone he knew could match him...and what happened...he succumbed to the pressure. Same thing can happen to Richardson. She looks fabulous but three rounds + intensity and pressure is a whole different ball game.

Comment

• What a phenomenal meet!

Originally posted by ATK View Post
      Amazing run from Benjamin, showing he hasnt lost a step.

Keep an eye out for McMaster and his PB of 47.50. Beats his previous best of 47.54 which he ran behind Samba's 46.98 back in 2018. McMaster could upset for a medal if one of the big 3 are not careful. I could see him sub 47 this year. McMaster is also younger than Samba and Warholm.
      I've mentioned a few times that McMaster could upset the "big 3" in top form and I'm glad he's confirming that with a good showing, but Dos Santos was a revelation here as well. This was probably the race of the meet for me. Benjamin looks insanely good.

Originally posted by _Jay View Post
      No one has even mentioned one of the others actually running faster than her if she doesn’t underperform. 🤔
      I'll go on record as saying this is entirely possible. I also draw a distinction between declaring someone as being in the best shape currently (which Richardson no doubt is) and being the favourite for a championship several months away, particularly when the most accomplished sprinter ever in the event hasn't even run it yet.

Huge, huge run for Richardson though. Not just for running sub-10.8 into that big headwind, and the fact that it didn't require a "perfect" race, but because she ran two really quick times back to back, simulating a same day semi-final/final. The main test now is seeing what she can do internationally; I can't wait until Gateshead.
      Last edited by Paced; 05-09-2021, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Jay View Post

Thank you 🙏🏽 We saw it happen to Bolt (FS). And he’d won multiple WC’s, Olympic Gold, won races on every continent. Lol. Not calling her a favorite “because she might false start” just seems like a reach.

Or wishful thinking...
        My money is with the very confident 22 year old who runs 10.7 like it is nothing. With a good start that 100 today was 10.6 into a headwind...FloJo territory.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post

Christ, you're a fn homer. Last I checked, she hasn't run any 10.6s. And a few years ago, you were such a baby, refusing to label one of the Jamaicans a favorite despite it being more obvious. "There is no favorite" over and over again.

Remember in 2015, Gatlin was the "favorite" until he was in the blocks against someone he knew could match him...and what happened...he succumbed to the pressure. Same thing can happen to Richardson. She looks fabulous but three rounds + intensity and pressure is a whole different ball game.
          So bitter...and on Mother's Day....lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by beebee View Post

With a good start that 100 today was 10.6 into a headwind...FloJo territory.
            Or Jeter (10.67; 10.64) territory...

Comment

• Originally posted by steveu View Post
              Whoa, Boldon drops a Flojo comparison for ShaRich.
              referring to her nails?

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

referring to her nails?
                Come on GH. Joking aside, I thought her form was eerily similar to Joyner. Remains to be seen if her form holds for the next 10 weeks...

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                  Performances today are JUNE performances, not May 9th!!
                  (And we ain't done yet!!)

Benjamin just ran 47.14!
                  Seven women under 2 (actually NINE, including Grace & Martinez), with another at 2:00.01.
                  No, they are actually March performances, with new shoes... Just wait until August !!!

Comment

• I guess the IOC can just mail Richardson the Tokyo gold medal right now based on the expert opinions on here lol

As far as I can tell, four of 2020's fastest 10 women (& four from 2019's list) haven't even run a 100m in 2021 yet.

But early May is when Olympic favourites are appointed here, so they have missed their chance

Comment

• Richardson's start was bad! That's the scary part of that 10.77!

Metcalf's 10.36 was great, considering he's 6-4, 235!

Comment

• Discus comments... Sam Mattis' is certainly not throwing (this year) like he was 2 years ago (barely breaking 190' today), but, he has the auto-Q from 2019. With that in mind, lefty Reggie Jagers continues in search of his Q. I heard Trey Hardee mention a wind benefit for Ferguson's and Finley's throws today, and it made me wonder how tough it is for a lefty to find a 'good' wind. He currently sits 24th (out of 32) on the Road-to-Tokyo list. If that holds, he could still just finish top 3 at the Trials and go to Tokyo, but I'm sure he would like the security of an auto-Q. My question to any DT fan out there in terms of achieving the Q, is, how much more difficult is it for a lefty like Reggie to find a 'good' location to throw, and/or, how much does a loacation that's generally set up for righties hurt him? I'm pulling for the guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
                          Amazing run from Benjamin, showing he hasnt lost a step.

Keep an eye out for McMaster and his PB of 47.50. Beats his previous best of 47.54 which he ran behind Samba's 46.98 back in 2018. McMaster could upset for a medal if one of the big 3 are not careful. I could see him sub 47 this year. McMaster is also younger than Samba and Warholm.
                          Don't count Dos Santos out, he is really young (2000) and has just taken a big chunk out of his previous PB ... Very solid race from him, 12 strides H4/H5 then gets back to 13 till the end, impressive length. 0.2/0.3 slower at H5 than he was at Drake but still manages to be half a second quicker. He's apparently 2m tall, so will he be able to maintain a 12 strides for longer, would it be useful ?
                          Benjamin already able to keep the 13 strides pattern all the way, his clearances seem pretty poor though, when compared to McMaster's, who transitioned at H8.
                          Interesting no note that McMaster has decided to change his lead leg since 2019. From left to right, from a 21 strides approach to the first hurdle to 20 strides which is probably more agressive but that's already a trademark. Previous PB 47.54 in 2018 with a transition at H8 too.
                          Concerning lead leg : left (Warholm, Dos Santos), right (Benjamin, Samba, McMaster).
                          Last edited by ZazaShoya; 05-10-2021, 12:52 AM.

Comment

• at 10.69 adjusted, Richardson in rather elite company:
                            10.66 10.67 -0.1 Carmelita Jeter Thessaloniki 13-Sep-2009 1 WAF
                            10.68 10.62 +1.0 —–Griffith-Joyner Seoul 24-Sep-1988 1q3 OG
                            10.69 10.61 +1.2 —–Griffith-Joyner Indianapolis 17-Jul-1988 1 OT
                            10.69 10.70 -0.1 Marion Jones Seville 22-Aug-1999 1 WCh

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Shamier Little 53.65 WL!!!
                              This is her 7th best time ever and by far her fastest season opener. As I've mentioned after her recent 400m races, dont be surprised if she runs faster than the old WR (52.34) and disrupts the big 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post
                                I guess the IOC can just mail Richardson the Tokyo gold medal right now based on the expert opinions on here lol

As far as I can tell, four of 2020's fastest 10 women (& four from 2019's list) haven't even run a 100m in 2021 yet.

But early May is when Olympic favourites are appointed here, so they have missed their chance
                                No kidding, eh? Same homer dude in the past has cried over and over that we need to wait til the big race but now he suddenly has a favorite and is singing a different tune. He's even putting his money on it...good thing he didn't do that in the past, he was ready to proclaim Kim Duncan as the next great American anchor lol!

Comment

Working...
                                X