Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beebee View Post

So bitter...and on Mother's Day....lol.
    What does Mother's Day have to do with it, you twat? You're still the same fool with red, white and blue shades on and drinking the Kool Aid every day of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post

What does Mother's Day have to do with it, you twat? You're still the same fool with red, white and blue shades on and drinking the Kool Aid every day of the year.
      Someone is having a bad day....please don't kick your dog...they have no idea who Richardson is : )

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post

As others have said, its very very possible for her to make one mistake and lose to ETH who is already running 10.7, or SAFP who may very well be in 10.7 form.
        ET is already running 0.19 slower than SC after correcting for wind/altitude, 10.69 vs 10.88.

Richardson made history today, in her 2nd 100 of the season, with a crappy start.

"No one else has ever run so fast into a headwind of -1.0m/s or more. "

https://www.worldathletics.org/compe...rdson-benjamin
        Last edited by 1.609; 05-10-2021, 01:33 AM.

Comment

• If Richardson wins in Glasgow in her first international race against her main rivals, then she becomes the clear favorite at that point to me.

If she loses, I will be interested to see the perspectives.

Comment

Last I checked, she hasn't run any 10.6s.
            Correct, ignoring the effects of wind and altitude on a 100 meter performance, which the IAAF did not do on their front page today.

Richardson just became the fastest woman ever with a negative wind of -1.0 or more.

Comment

If Richardson wins in Glasgow in her first international race against her main rivals, then she becomes the clear favorite at that point to me.

If she loses, I will be interested to see the perspectives.
              I like your perspective.

I also think that if you can run 10.69 wind adjusted with a bad start, in your 2nd outing of the year, there's a good chance you can run even faster with a bad start in your next outing, if you are on a typical seasonal trajectory aimed at peaking when it counts. That's going to make it very hard for anyone to beat her in Glasgow, at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                at 10.69 adjusted, Richardson in rather elite company:
                oops! I forgot that Walnut is high enough for a hundredth of altitude adjustment, so she's a 10.70

Comment

If Richardson wins in Glasgow in her first international race.
                  Why do people keep saying Glasgow?

Do you all mean Gateshead?

Comment

and as the Pigdog rapidly flies off into the north.....

Comment

• Originally posted by lexvid View Post

Come on GH. Joking aside, I thought her form was eerily similar to Joyner. Remains to be seen if her form holds for the next 10 weeks...
                      i was serious about the nails comment

Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 19.10.03.png

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post

Why do people keep saying Glasgow?

Do you all mean Gateshead?
                        I knew it wasn't London or Birmingham and the last city in the UK to host a DL meet was Glasgow in 2014 which I think confused me.

But yes Gateshead on May 23rd

Comment

• Richardson will probably get something of a shock in Gateshead (and perhaps even more of one if it was in Glasgow).

Expected maximum temperature in Gateshead that weekend is a balmy 14 degrees (57 farenheit).

Comment

• DK Metcalf did much better than I expected. I expected something like 10.70. The man weights 240 lb and doesn't train for this event. As far as I can tell he did not run track in college. And he carries NFL type injuries. Still he was able to run fast enough to win the Olympic trials of most countries.

Comment

• Originally posted by steveu View Post

Kinda shaking my head watching all of the U.S. guys chasing Hoare and Knight from way back. Taking a peak at the recent USOT Men's form chart, and then considering recent results, the U.S. men's 1500 scene is ... interesting. Obviously, the college guys are fast and exciting. But who are going to be the guys in several weeks who can do what it takes to make that team? And when they get to Tokyo, can any of them make an impact? I guess that's another thread, but kinda feeling nonplussed about this event for the USA.
                              Have any of the US guys given recent indication they can run with them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

If starting commands were in German no one would false start...

Auf die Plätze....fertig....boom!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rWeGtAzU3v4
                                So many little details about T&F that I love including the start command. I always go back and watch races from the 1992 OG, 1993 WCs and 1999 WC because I love the start commands. German commands the most. 😆

In fact regularly on my daily walks, jogs I always say the commands to myself randomly.

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                I certainly don't. Her technique is too solid. The race in 2 weeks could be her coronation as the new Queen, which currently, as you state, are the Jamaicans.
                                Hopefully all 3 line up.

Originally posted by Paced View Post
                                What a phenomenal meet!

I've mentioned a few times that McMaster could upset the "big 3" in top form and I'm glad he's confirming that with a good showing, but Dos Santos was a revelation here as well. This was probably the race of the meet for me. Benjamin looks insanely good.
                                Both the Mens and Womens 400mH were the most anticipated races I was looking forward to heading into the 2019 WCs. If everyone arrives to Tokyo in good health that Mens final could be one for the books.
                                Last edited by Weights&Shoes; 05-10-2021, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X