Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DK Metcalf competing has my husband interested in this meet. Might have to start our Peacock subscription. Will this be on Peacock? Otherwise I'll have to VPN it, I can't get NBC over the air.

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
      DK Metcalf competing has my husband interested in this meet. Might have to start our Peacock subscription. Will this be on Peacock? Otherwise I'll have to VPN it, I can't get NBC over the air.
      a Peacock subscription for an 11-flat sprinter? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
        Typical track fans, talking about the actual track meet and relevant head to head competition, but completely skipping over the one athlete who will get the most publicity this weekend: Seahawks wide receiver DK Metcalf running the 100m dash. Incase your not familiar (as I wasn't): https://youtu.be/J62GsevPwiQ
        His uncle and grandpa have good track and field pedigree.

Comment

See, this is T&F's problem--it takes a football player to get people to pay attention to track!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
            Besides the big names already mentioned, I'm happy to see Maggie Montoya's return to racing after the Boulder shootings!
            No Jenn Suhr in the PV.
            Is she hurt, or retired?
            She's been listed 2 or 3 times this season, but DNS'ed each time!
            And no Sam Kendricks either!
            I think Hoppel can beat Brazier in the 800!
            If Jager breaks 8:20, I'd be thrilled!

The list of studs is endless--if the weather is good, this will be the best meet of the year so far!!
            On Sunday, in Walnut, CA: high temp 75 with some cloudiness and a 2% chance of precipitation.

Comment

200m
              BROWN
              ELLIS
              FELIX
              FRANCIS
              IRBY
              JACKSON
              MILLER-UIBO
              THOMAS

This will be fun.

Firstly, one expects SMU to win fairly comfortably. Hopefully she can run sub 22. After that, it's how the Americans fair against one another and it will be just as much about placings as times. It's not the strongest US contingent, the 100m here is much, much tougher, so Felix will want to try and finish the top American if she can. As we all know, it's her first race over the distance since 2017. Assuming pretty normal conditions, I'm expecting a 22.3 ish, but wont be surprised with anything between 22.2 and 22.5.

Brown has that windy 22.39 and may be her closest challenger for top American, as Thomas's form seems to have dropped. After her great 22.17 opener last month, she has struggled to break 23 seconds in her next 3 races & only 4th in her last race. So not sure whether she had a niggle or has been racing through heavy training (anyone have any info?). Irby is obviously stronger over 400m but could be in the mix, but as I say, Felix will want to be the next runner after SMU, and as close to SMU as she can be.

Side note: Francis and the other 2 US women from Doha over 400m, Jonathas and Wimbley, have been pretty poor thus far this season. Are we going to see a completely different set of women in the individual 400m in Tokyo?
              Last edited by Wiederganger; 05-04-2021, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
                Thomas's form seems to have dropped. After her great 22.17 opener last month, she has struggled to break 23 seconds in her next 3 races & only 4th in her last race. So not sure whether she had a niggle or has been racing through heavy training (anyone have any info?).
                The 23.04 and 22.98 were done in overall poor conditions from what I remember (rain, colder temp, swirling wind etc.) She posts a lot about her training and doesn't seem to be injured in any capacity.

Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
                Side note: Francis and the other 2 US women from Doha over 400m, Jonathas and Wimbley, have been pretty poor thus far this season. Are we going to see a completely different set of women in the individual 400m in Tokyo?
                I hesitate to make any assumptions yet as its still super early but Hayes, Irby Beard and Eillis are running fast and may be challenging for team spots (Hayes is the 2017 champion).

Also, though I'm not sure she will win, I am still most confident in Phyllis Francis making the team over anyone else (assuming she's healthy) as she's the most proven championship performer in the field (Felix aside). Another note is this is the first year Francis skipped out on a full indoor season except in 2015, which was her first year out of college, and 2019, when she already had a bye to world champs.

And even though Kaylin Whitney has run some faster 400's multiple times this season, unfortunately theres no way I'm picking her to beat Francis, Wimbley Jonathas etc. at trials at this point.

Comment

Is that Lashawn Merritt I see in the mens 400? This should be interesting. I remember that guy...😂

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

a Peacock subscription for an 11-flat sprinter? :-)
                    I need to sign up before the Olympics anyway, and the husband is excited to get his access to The Office and Parks and Rec back.

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                      Is the point to prove to him that the football player is going to get his ass handed to him in all likelihood?

Comment

Is this Sean McGorty's first Steeplechase?
                        Can't remember any results of him running one before!

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                          Is the point to prove to him that the football player is going to get his ass handed to him in all likelihood?
                          His chase-down of the interception is awe-inspring, not only for his speed, but his never-give-up attitude. He was waaaay out of the play.

That said, he's gonna get SMOKED!

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

You guys, let people enjoy things! My husband knows enough about track to know that it will be impressive if Metcalf beats anyone in the field, and if he gets smoked, that will be entertaining too.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Pshaw!
                              100 - Baker, King, Young
                              200 - Bednarek, Hudson, Knighton, Lylesx2, Webb
                              400 - London, LMerritt, Montgomery, NORMAN
                              800 - Arop, BRAZIER, Haarris, Hoppel, Murphy, Saruni
                              1500 - Engels, Gregorek, Hoare, Willis
                              3000St - JAGER
                              5000 - LALANG
                              400H - BENJAMON, dos Santos, Lattin, McMaster, Selmon
                              PV - Irwin, KCL, Ludwig, Nilsen, Walsh
                              TJ - Benard, Carter, CLAYE, Scott
                              SP - Hill, Otterdahl, Ponzio
                              DT - Ferguson, Finley, Jagers, Kicinski, MATTIS, BWilliams

pant * pant * pant *

Ok, tagging out for the women!
                              Hello guys.. I am new to this forum. I am a huge T&F fan..

Expecting Baker to win in about 9.90-95 basic.. 200m I expect 19.90 from Noah Lyles or Brednarek. Norman will take this in 44.2 and Rai 48.8sec.

Comment

Originally posted by Zendro View Post

Hello guys.. I am new to this forum. I am a huge T&F fan..

Expecting Baker to win in about 9.90-95 basic.. 200m I expect 19.90 from Noah Lyles or Brednarek. Norman will take this in 44.2 and Rai 48.8sec.
                                Pretty brave to be predicting things in your first comment!!
                                Welcome to the Crew!
                                (And be sure to check out my T&F Record Book blog!!)

Comment

Working...
                                X