Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanwhile....in the Post a mention of track.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...olympics-100m/

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post

Pretty brave to be predicting things in your first comment!!
      Welcome to the Crew!
      (And be sure to check out my T&F Record Book blog!!)
      Please post the link

Comment

Originally posted by Zendro View Post

Please post the link
        Not supposed to advertise my blog here, but follow me on Twitter (AaronKrohn 1)--I put all of my posts there!

Comment

Meet of the year so far?

Too many good match-ups to mention, but I think I'm most interested in seeing Benjamin vs. McMaster. The latter is the forgotten 400m hurdler who is more than capable of grabbing a medal in Tokyo; it would be interesting to see what shape he is in.

Hoppel vs. Brazier will be interesting too, I wasn't expecting that so early in the year either. Ditto with Miller-Uibo vs. Felix - I wonder how much the result will inform the latter's event choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            His chase-down of the interception is awe-inspring, not only for his speed, but his never-give-up attitude. He was waaaay out of the play.

That said, he's gonna get SMOKED!
            The play was impressive for the first 45 times I saw it replayed. That said, he's likely toast vs. the big boys.

However the opportunity to stick the needle in PVP was too enticing to pass up!

Comment

Just checked Peacock for the upcoming track schedule... a bummer that Peacock is also scheduled to only show the meet from 1:30 - 3:00, same as NBC, no extra coverage. Based on the meet schedule ( https://www.usatf.org/events/2021/20...-open-at-mt-sa )... there will be no tv coverage of 3000SC and 5000 which are in the evening... and likely limited/'filler' coverage of the heats, 'B' races and field events. There lies a noticeable difference between Peacock and its predecessor NBC Sports Gold/Track, or whatever it was called.
              Last edited by miketandf; 05-04-2021, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paced View Post
                Ditto with Miller-Uibo vs. Felix - I wonder how much the result will inform the latter's event choice.
                Im guessing this race has more to do with her overall fitness/speed/strength than it has to do with her ultimate race decision. Im betting win or lose, she enters both (200/400) at trials.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                  Im guessing this race has more to do with her overall fitness/speed/strength than it has to do with her ultimate race decision. Im betting win or lose, she enters both (200/400) at trials.
                  Agreed. I'll be happy if AF stays with .5 of SMU.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post

I'll be super impressed if he breaks 11, or avoids a pride pull.
                    Great promo, though! Love to see it.
                    I would think that if his training is going that bad he'll scratch rather than get embarrassed. I doubt that he'll show up if his training doesn't indicate sub-10.4.
                    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 05-04-2021, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                      I would think that if his training is going that bad he'll scratch rather than get embarrassed. I doubt that he'll show up if his training doesn't indicate sub-10.4.
                      What does training mean though? I don't follow football or know Metcalf, but my assumption was he has been doing regular training for football and with a bit of recent track work thinks he can simply be around the top of the pack or win on Saturday.

There has to be a part of his team simply thinking Fast on the field = Fast on the track.
                      Last edited by ATK; 05-04-2021, 10:54 PM.

Comment

What he will do is highlight what real speed is like. It will be a reminder that there is football fast and track fast and they are rarely the same.

Comment

I looked up the qualification standards for unattached athletes at LSU and you had to have run 10.15 since March 2019. I assume other schools have similar standards. Obviously the Mt. SAC meet director has no qualification standards for unattached athletes.

Comment

I looked up the qualification standards for unattached athletes at LSU and you had to have run 10.15 since March 2019. I assume other schools have similar standards. Obviously the Mt. SAC meet director has no qualification standards for unattached athletes.
                            And frankly a brilliant move by USATF/Mt. Sac/whoever decided.

Comment

This isn't a Mt SAC meet though, this is more like a Diamond League meet. Spots go to who the meet directors think will draw interest. Generally that is the best athletes, but not always. Heck, the college meets will do the same thing if it's their own redshirting athletes or someone they owe a favor to, the qualifying standards for a mid-season invite are more like recommendations than any sort of hard and fast rule.

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                                DK Metcalf competing has my husband interested in this meet. Might have to start our Peacock subscription. Will this be on Peacock? Otherwise I'll have to VPN it, I can't get NBC over the air.
                                My local (Seattle) NBC affiliate news indicated that Peacock coverage would start at 11am, Metcalf running at 12:29, and NBC coverage starts at 1:30. I think our news guy knows Metcalf probably isn't making the final of Sunday's meet lol. They did highlight a few of the other runners in the field on our news. The meet would have otherwise gotten ZERO coverage locally, so that's pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X